NancyJac Thank You!

Kristin N
Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
I hope that you will remain on this board and share your opinions, knowledge and humor with us. I've read your posts and appreciate your information. We are all sisters here and I do apologize if you felt that you were not a part of us, as you most certainly are! Keep posting!

♥ Kristin ♥

Comments

• Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    We can always use humor on
    We can always use humor on this board! It's good to smile and laugh!

Lex
  • Pinky68
    Pinky68 Member Posts: 206 Member
    NancyJac Thank You!
    I appreciate your information and knowledge too!
    Joyce
  • NancyJac
    NancyJac Member Posts: 91
    Thank you all for your
    Thank you all for your support. I will try to check in on these boards from time to time as my time permits. I participate in a couple of other boards, and as I think I posted here before, by comparison, this one is just not as good a fit for me. I guess based on my personality, preferences, and needs, I am just more into research, experience, and info sharing more so that social networking. Not a thing wrong with social networking, it just isn't my thing. Dealing with cancer at any point and at any stage is tough enough both emotionally and physically without the extra and unnecessary drama that I find way more prevalent here than at other site. I bear no ill will towards anyone using this site, but like everyone, I have to chose my priorities and how I expend my limited energy. So I am choosing to focus more of my time and energy on those places and people where there isn't as much "extra" drama and less here. I hope you all can understand and respect that.

BTW, I only happened to see this thread because I got an email about some PMs I had received on this site. So for any of you, if there is ever anything I might be able to provide info on, feel free to PM me through this site, and that way I will be sure to see it and respond.

The best of everything to all of you.

Nancy
  • debsweb18
    debsweb18 Member Posts: 191 Member
    NancyJac said:

Thank you all for your
    Thank you all for your support. I will try to check in on these boards from time to time as my time permits. I participate in a couple of other boards, and as I think I posted here before, by comparison, this one is just not as good a fit for me. I guess based on my personality, preferences, and needs, I am just more into research, experience, and info sharing more so that social networking. Not a thing wrong with social networking, it just isn't my thing. Dealing with cancer at any point and at any stage is tough enough both emotionally and physically without the extra and unnecessary drama that I find way more prevalent here than at other site. I bear no ill will towards anyone using this site, but like everyone, I have to chose my priorities and how I expend my limited energy. So I am choosing to focus more of my time and energy on those places and people where there isn't as much "extra" drama and less here. I hope you all can understand and respect that.

BTW, I only happened to see this thread because I got an email about some PMs I had received on this site. So for any of you, if there is ever anything I might be able to provide info on, feel free to PM me through this site, and that way I will be sure to see it and respond.

The best of everything to all of you.

Nancy

Nancy,
    What other boards do

Nancy,
    What other boards do you participate in?
  • NancyJac
    debsweb18 said:

Nancy,
    What other boards do

Nancy,
    What other boards do you participate in?

http://community.breastcancer
    http://community.breastcancer.org

and

http://www.whatnext.com
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    NancyJac said:
    Nancy...
    You're knowledge of nutrition, far outweighs "the other" one's...please don't let that drive you away...that one has no clue what it's like to have bc...
    Just trying to tell us to look up web sites...
  • NancyJac
    MAJW said:

Nancy...
    You're knowledge of nutrition, far outweighs "the other" one's...please don't let that drive you away...that one has no clue what it's like to have bc...
    Just trying to tell us to look up web sites...

Sigh....yet again
    First of all, "the other" has a name.

Secondly, which one of us outweighs the other in anything is totally irrelevant. For the umpteenth time, IT IS NOT A COMPETITION.

Thirdly, Bubba most certainly is NOT the one driving me away from this site.

What IS driving me away from this site is the pervasive sense of competition, us vs. them, and the denigration and lack of respect for those who have a different perspectives, interests, opinions, and viewpoints.

On most every thread I have participated in since joining this site, at some point it gets hijacked and degenerates from a discussion of a topic into a situation where several people take one side or another and the rest end up trying to referee and the original topic becomes merely a battleground for badmouthing and disrespecting who ever is on "the other" side.

I get that there is a group of you that have been on this board together for a long time. And sometimes you rally around each other to defend and protect one or more of the flock, and other times you bicker among yourselves like a sibling rivalry. I get that the sense of familiarity and belonging that comes with any culture is a need and comfort for some people. And I respect that and have never intentionally tried to offend or denigrate or compete with anyone here who has those needs, even though they differ from the reasons I am here.

There is certainly plenty of room for all of us to be here whatever our individual reasons may be. If you are here for emotional support, I see lots of that here. If you are here to exchange information and experiences, there is plenty of that too. But it needn't be a case of one being the Sharks and the other being the Jets, ala West Side Story, where everything becomes a turf war.
  • bubba29
    bubba29 Member Posts: 14
    NancyJac said:

Sigh....yet again

Secondly, which one of us outweighs the other in anything is totally irrelevant. For the umpteenth time, IT IS NOT A COMPETITION.

What IS driving me away from this site is the pervasive sense of competition, us vs. them, and the denigration and lack of respect for those who have a different perspectives, interests, opinions, and viewpoints.

On most every thread I have participated in since joining this site, at some point it gets hijacked and degenerates from a discussion of a topic into a situation where several people take one side or another and the rest end up trying to referee and the original topic becomes merely a battleground for badmouthing and disrespecting who ever is on "the other" side.

I get that there is a group of you that have been on this board together for a long time. And sometimes you rally around each other to defend and protect one or more of the flock, and other times you bicker among yourselves like a sibling rivalry. I get that the sense of familiarity and belonging that comes with any culture is a need and comfort for some people. And I respect that and have never intentionally tried to offend or denigrate or compete with anyone here who has those needs, even though they differ from the reasons I am here.

There is certainly plenty of room for all of us to be here whatever our individual reasons may be. If you are here for emotional support, I see lots of that here. If you are here to exchange information and experiences, there is plenty of that too. But it needn't be a case of one being the Sharks and the other being the Jets, ala West Side Story, where everything becomes a turf war.

thank you for coming to my
    thank you for coming to my defense. did you notice that thread disappeared? i wonder why? despite a few feathers getting ruffled, i felt there was some useful info there.
  • cathyp
    cathyp Member Posts: 376 Member
    bubba29 said:

thank you for coming to my
    thank you for coming to my defense. did you notice that thread disappeared? i wonder why? despite a few feathers getting ruffled, i felt there was some useful info there.

I wonder what happened to
    I wonder what happened to it. Was it my response that I valued the information from all that was posted plus some other insights and opinions that got it banished?
  • MAJW
    cathyp said:

I wonder what happened to it. Was it my response that I valued the information from all that was posted plus some other insights and opinions that got it banished?

NancyJac...
    Sorry, that I gave you the benefit of the doubt.....but I see it doesn't matter...perhaps you do fit in better on the other sites you frequent....evidently we're just not your cup of tea...but I notice you keep coming back....to yet again chastise us for this and that...and to be perfectly honest with you, this " bickering" didn't start until you made your appearance here...hopefully you and bubba will develop a relationship on another site...I won't be reading or responding to any more of your postings....again most were trying to be supportive of you, but enough is enough..You seem to enjoy being the victim...flag this if you want, but I speak the truth.....happy trails....
  • MAJW
    cathyp said:

NancyJac...
    Sorry, that I gave you the benefit of the doubt.....but I see it doesn't matter...perhaps you do fit in better on the other sites you frequent....evidently we're just not your cup of tea...but I notice you keep coming back....to yet again chastise us for this and that...and to be perfectly honest with you, this " bickering" didn't start until you made your appearance here...hopefully you and bubba will develop a relationship on another site...I won't be reading or responding to any more of your postings....again most were trying to be supportive of you, but enough is enough..You seem to enjoy being the victim...flag this if you want, but I speak the truth.....happy trails....
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    NancyJac said:

Sigh....yet again

"One size does not fit all!"
    I have been at one of the other sites you have mentioned for almost as long as here - it is not the friendly open site you try to say it is. Yes - it does have a multiude of different sections BUT each section has a 'ruler' and those under who do not question what is handed down. Anyone who has a different idea/info to present, is rapidly squashed by the clique of whatever section it is in. Different cliques inter rule different sections but is definately not an open and learning place - it is "I tell you what is right" and you better believe it cause that's what I say.

Why should this site (or any site for that matter) be turned into a clone of another one? It shouldn't! Certainly, give what we can to others and when there is new (or newly found) info - post it. We are all able to decide what is appropriate for US - that is not the same for all. I am quite capable of seeking info on what I need to and culling out the shaft. We all are in our own ways.

As I say so often (AND IT IS TRUE!) We are each unique. We are capable of making our own decisions. The more education we can get the better but as said before every site on the internet is not factual nor does it apply to all.

Ask questions - yes! Research - yes! Educate yourself! Listen to your Drs and health care providers.
  • NancyJac
    MAJW said:

NancyJac...

I keep coming back because
    I keep coming back because my mama taught me that it is rude to ignore some one who is addressing you directly. I don't know why you felt the need to give me (or anyone) the benefit of the doubt. Doubt about what? I never wanted any one to be supportive of me in the sense of taking my side by disrespecting some one else who opinions differed from mine. Nor am I victim. I am a big girl and I can take care of myself.

"Hopefully bubba and I will develop a relationship on another site"???? Now that seems just downright catty. I'm not looking to develop a relationship with anybody on any site.

I would never flag your post (or anyone's)...just not my style. I am all about freedom of expression and I have no problem with you or anyone speaking the truth as you see it. Just asking for the same common courtesy in return even if our view of truth differs.
  • NancyJac
    Rague said:

"One size does not fit all!"
    I have been at one of the other sites you have mentioned for almost as long as here - it is not the friendly open site you try to say it is. Yes - it does have a multiude of different sections BUT each section has a 'ruler' and those under who do not question what is handed down. Anyone who has a different idea/info to present, is rapidly squashed by the clique of whatever section it is in. Different cliques inter rule different sections but is definately not an open and learning place - it is "I tell you what is right" and you better believe it cause that's what I say.

Why should this site (or any site for that matter) be turned into a clone of another one? It shouldn't! Certainly, give what we can to others and when there is new (or newly found) info - post it. We are all able to decide what is appropriate for US - that is not the same for all. I am quite capable of seeking info on what I need to and culling out the shaft. We all are in our own ways.

As I say so often (AND IT IS TRUE!) We are each unique. We are capable of making our own decisions. The more education we can get the better but as said before every site on the internet is not factual nor does it apply to all.

Ask questions - yes! Research - yes! Educate yourself! Listen to your Drs and health care providers.

I never made any claims
    I never made any claims about any other sites I mentioned other that I thought they were a better fit for me based on my personal experience. Somebody asked me what they were and I provided the URL. As you say, one size does not fit all.
  • NancyJac
    cathyp said:

No idea. Whenever I come
    No idea. Whenever I come across some info I want to keep on a discussion board I cut and paste it to my own document. If I don't, half the time I can't find it again anyway, even if it is still there somewhere...LOL.
  • bubba29
    bubba29 Member Posts: 14
    cathyp said:

i don't know why that thread
    i don't know why that thread was deleted. it was much more informative and less argumentative than this one is. not sure how one thread that seemed like it could be extremely helpful is deleted but one that is relatively useless persists.

i guess if we just stick to our favorite movies and desserts as conversation we are safe. god forbid somebody may learn something.