News

judman92
judman92 Member Posts: 31
I had a petscan and an mri on friday. I found out today that I only have 2 spots on my liver now that are very close to each other (I started out with 20 spots scattered). I am being referred to a surgeon in St. Louis at Barnes Hospital. If that surgery is successful than I will be cancer free. I'm a little worried about the resection I know that Barnes is a good hospital but I would like to hear from other people that have had one of these done.

Comments

• jjaj133
    jjaj133 Member Posts: 867 Member
    Hi, Nice to hear your Good
    Hi, Nice to hear your Good News!!!!
    I have had 2 resections and am doing well. My last was May of last year. We believe the need for the 2nd one was because of a spot the surgeon couldn't take off during the first.
    Everyone responds differently to surgery. Just make sure you listen to what to do or not do when you come home. Take care of yourself and let others help you.
    I healed well and the staples didn't hurt coming out. I was more afraid of that than anything else LOL
    Good Luck to you and please keep us posted. i am sure others will chime in and give you more info.
    Judy
  • wmcbane
    wmcbane Member Posts: 33
    I had my liver resection 2 +
    I had my liver resection 2 + years ago at Duke. The recovery, generally, was not as difficult as when primary tumor/rectum was removed a few months before. was in hospital 6 days. Big L-shaped incision from bottom of breastbone to waist and then across to right side. Though sometimes they are able to do operation endoscopic-ly. Good luck to you. I am still NED.
  • Momof2plusteentwins
    Momof2plusteentwins Member Posts: 509 Member
    wmcbane said:

I had my liver resection 2 +
    I had my liver resection 2 + years ago at Duke. The recovery, generally, was not as difficult as when primary tumor/rectum was removed a few months before. was in hospital 6 days. Big L-shaped incision from bottom of breastbone to waist and then across to right side. Though sometimes they are able to do operation endoscopic-ly. Good luck to you. I am still NED.

Liver resection 3 weeks ago
    I had my rectal tumor, gallbladder, and liver resection 3 weeks ago in 1 surgery. I am doing pretty good now, was in the hospital 6 days. Both tumors were taken out with negative margins. Starting chemo July 17th. Good luck with surgery, it is the best chance for cure.
    Sandy
  • janderson1964
    janderson1964 Member Posts: 2,215 Member
    I have had three done with
    I have had three done with no complications. I think liver resections are becoming more routine. My surgeon has been doing them for over 35 years. You will be fine.

Please dont hesitate to PM me if you have any questions.
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Praying
    I haven't had it, but I just want to let you know that I'm praying it goes very well for you.

*hugs*
    Gail