Xeloda or 5fu, did any of you ever have problems with your Voice?

pepebcn
pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
I'm loosing int ! First time it happens to my in 3 1/2 years!
Hugs Bros&Sis.

Comments

• smokeyjoe
    smokeyjoe Member Posts: 1,425 Member
    Maybe you picked up some
    Maybe you picked up some sort of illness?? Hugs Pepe hope it gets better for you.
  • steveandnat
    steveandnat Member Posts: 886
    sometimes
    I never know what voice I'll have day to day. Sometimes very hoarse sometime what I call my "woman" voice because it is high pitched ha. I think its from the chemo and pain killers. Jeff
  • dmj101
    dmj101 Member Posts: 527 Member
    I think i have noticed this
    I think i have noticed this too..
    but I don't see it registered in side effects anywhere..

On a side note.. I used to do voice overs and an old voice coach cure is to gargle with cider vinegar.. it really cures the lost voice ..
  • LivinginNH
    LivinginNH Member Posts: 1,456 Member
    Hi Pepe, yes, Rick gets
    Hi Pepe, yes, Rick gets "chemo" voice after treatments. It's much higher pitched and softer than his normal voice. I've heard that it's quite common.

Hug,
    Cyn
  • Lifeisajourney
    Lifeisajourney Member Posts: 216
    I do not know what
    in folfox caused my voice problem, but I sounded like a duck,, the hospital sent a speech therepist to my house, but I elected not to do therepy and it came back on its on....better no voice than a duck voice......good luck. Pat
  • judman92
    judman92 Member Posts: 31
    Voice
    I have the same problem and I work in an environment where I need to use my voice a lot. My throat gets really scratchy and irritated.
  • jjaj133
    jjaj133 Member Posts: 867 Member
    Oh yeah, I had days when my
    Oh yeah, I had days when my throat felt so tight my voice squeaked.
    I still have days when my voice cracks, and it has been 8 mths since i have been on chemo.
    Hugs,
    Judy
  • annalexandria
    annalexandria Member Posts: 2,571 Member
    Had FOLFOX around Christmas time...
    and I couldn't sing carols. It kind of sucked. But it came back no problem after treatment ended!
  • Doc_Hawk
    Doc_Hawk Member Posts: 685
    Voice
    for about two months or so last year, I had a very gravely voice. My nephew told me that sounded cool and the ex-wife commented that it really fit my cowboy appearance. But since I really love singing at karaoke, that gravel just didn't cut it. Shortly after the onc started me on victibix, the gravel went away.
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    Doc_Hawk said:

Voice
    for about two months or so last year, I had a very gravely voice. My nephew told me that sounded cool and the ex-wife commented that it really fit my cowboy appearance. But since I really love singing at karaoke, that gravel just didn't cut it. Shortly after the onc started me on victibix, the gravel went away.

thank you folks , I'm going to try to be contracted
    In the opera like a " castrato" hahahaha!.
  • Kathryn_in_MN
    Kathryn_in_MN Member Posts: 1,252 Member
    Hoarse voice
    My voice was very hoarse much of the time on chemo. It seemed to be worse on FOLFIRI & Avastin than on FOLFOX. It has cleared up now that I've been off chemo so long.