Miagraines with Arimdex

Is there anyone on the network, that is taking Arimdex, I have been taking it for 3 months, and in May I had a miagraine and a few headache, I was a person who never had headache, and yesterday I had two miagraines one at work, and later one at home, the one at home was terrible,I phone both my primary doctor, and my onocogogist. Help me if you can. Thanks

Comments

• CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    I did not notice headaches
    I did not notice headaches on arimidex, but there is hardly a medication out there that doesn't list headache as a possible adverse effect.

However, being the daughter of a neurologist and a NP, I am always very concerned about a change in headache status. My dad used to always say that a big change in headaches deserves a "headache workup" with a neurologist. Make sure that you follow up on this asap. And please let us know how you are doing. (((Hugs)))
  • Marketing20107
    Marketing20107 Member Posts: 15

I did not notice headaches
    I did not notice headaches on arimidex, but there is hardly a medication out there that doesn't list headache as a possible adverse effect.

However, being the daughter of a neurologist and a NP, I am always very concerned about a change in headache status. My dad used to always say that a big change in headaches deserves a "headache workup" with a neurologist. Make sure that you follow up on this asap. And please let us know how you are doing. (((Hugs)))

Miagraines with Arimidex
    Thanks for your response, My onocolgist office, did call me back, and told me that it was one of the side effect, and is going to talk with the doctor, so I still waiting ... I will let you know. Thanks
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member

Miagraines with Arimidex
    Thanks for your response, My onocolgist office, did call me back, and told me that it was one of the side effect, and is going to talk with the doctor, so I still waiting ... I will let you know. Thanks

When to worry about headaches (from Harvard Medical School)
    FYI, here is more info about headaches. Hope this helps and hope you are feeling better soon!

"When to worry
    You can take care of many types of headaches by yourself, and your doctor can give you medication to control most of the tougher ones. But some headaches call for prompt medical care. Here are some warning signs:

Headaches that first develop after age 50

A major change in the pattern of your headaches

An unusually severe "worst headache ever"

Pain that increases with coughing or movement

Headaches that get steadily worse

Changes in personality or mental function

Headaches that are accompanied by fever, stiff neck, confusion, decreased alertness or memory, or neurological symptoms such as visual disturbances, slurred speech, weakness, numbness, or seizures

Headaches that are accompanied by a painful red eye

Headaches that are accompanied by pain and tenderness near the temples

Headaches after a blow to the head

Headaches that prevent normal daily activities

Headaches that come on abruptly, especially if they wake you up

Headaches in patients with cancer or impaired immune systems"

Headache:When to Worry, What to Do

http://www.health.harvard.edu/newsletters/Harvard_Mens_Health_Watch/2009/June/Headache-When-to-worry-what-to-do