New Flower

jamiegww
jamiegww Member Posts: 384
Did I miss your biopsy results? I know there was a possibility it was Her2+. I'm still waiting on those results myself but the lung biopsy was positive for cancer. I'm glad you have already begun treatment. Hopefully I will be getting a port this week and can begin chemo next week. I see my onc tomorrow to discuss a "game plan". I'm praying for you and hoping NED returns to dance with you again soon.

HUGS!!!
Jamie

Comments

• New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Hugs back
    Hello Jamie,

I am very sorry to hear that your cancer has been confirmed. Please ask your oncologist as many questions as you have and take your hubby or a friend to write those answers down for you. It is a very emotional discussion and you need making sure you understand your plan when you leave your doctor’s office.
    Thank you for asking. I did get biopsy results, which confirmed metastasis from primary cancer. While it was sent for Estrogen /Progesterone receptors, the slides were NOT initially sent for Her2. Mistake was identified, my samples have been resubmitted, and evaluation is underway.
    The side of biopsy (hip) has been healing ok, however when I sit long enough my hip and leg has become painful. My ribs also are hurting from time to time as a constant reminder “who is there”. Today is my 5th day of oral Chemo and I went to work feeling ok.
    Thank you for your good wishes. Hopefully we will have a group dance with NED very soon
    Hugs,
    New Flower
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member

Hugs back
    Hello Jamie,

I am very sorry to hear that your cancer has been confirmed. Please ask your oncologist as many questions as you have and take your hubby or a friend to write those answers down for you. It is a very emotional discussion and you need making sure you understand your plan when you leave your doctor’s office.
    Thank you for asking. I did get biopsy results, which confirmed metastasis from primary cancer. While it was sent for Estrogen /Progesterone receptors, the slides were NOT initially sent for Her2. Mistake was identified, my samples have been resubmitted, and evaluation is underway.
    The side of biopsy (hip) has been healing ok, however when I sit long enough my hip and leg has become painful. My ribs also are hurting from time to time as a constant reminder “who is there”. Today is my 5th day of oral Chemo and I went to work feeling ok.
    Thank you for your good wishes. Hopefully we will have a group dance with NED very soon
    Hugs,
    New Flower

I am in awe of both of you girls
    Your grace and courage under fire is amazing. I am also a recent Stage 4 with bone mets, so I am also a member of your club. Let's hang together with all our other Stage 4 sisters and beat this beast into submission. WE CAN DO THIS!!!

Hugs, Renee
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    missrenee said:

Your grace and courage under fire is amazing. I am also a recent Stage 4 with bone mets, so I am also a member of your club. Let's hang together with all our other Stage 4 sisters and beat this beast into submission. WE CAN DO THIS!!!

Hugs, Renee

Thanks Renee
    your support and spirit means a lot to us. Yes, WE CAN DO it with smile
    Never thought we can even talk about this
  • jamiegww
    jamiegww Member Posts: 384
    missrenee said:

Hugs, Renee

I'm in awe of you Renee!
    I agree WE CAN DO THIS! I usually try to stay within the law but lately I've been wondering if we could maybe kidnap NED? Now having written that.....I am afraid if someone named Ned gets kidnapped anytime soon, the FBI might be kicking in my front door and arresting me. My mind goes to some really weird places lately.

HUGS to everyone!!!
    Jamie