Jennie (8675309)

Doc_Hawk
Doc_Hawk Member Posts: 685
I got an email from Jennie last night. She's not expecting to get online much in the next few days. They've got her taking Dilauded about every three hours and she's resting well. They're also pumping in more antibiotics and yesterday she had so much fluid infused that her ankles became swollen. Her WBC has come up to 8.8 but it's the only number that's inline for the moment. She'll be getting more fluids today but what she really wants is that ice cold beer she didn't get a chance to have on the 4th!

She thanks all for wishes, hopes and prayers and sends hugs to all!

Comments

• janie1
    janie1 Member Posts: 753 Member
    beer
    Best news to know how Jennie is doing.......a brewski still sounds good to her. Lol.
    How 'bout we all have one for her!!?
  • jjaj133
    jjaj133 Member Posts: 867 Member
    janie1 said:

beer
    Best news to know how Jennie is doing.......a brewski still sounds good to her. Lol.
    How 'bout we all have one for her!!?

I'll drink to that ; )

I'll drink to that ; )
  • dmj101
    dmj101 Member Posts: 527 Member
    I am glad she is getting the
    I am glad she is getting the care she needs.
    Tell jennie I'll have that beer for her... and have one waiting for her...
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member
    thanks doc
    poor angel, she's a tough girl. but dehydration is a biitch.

hugs,
    Pete
  • smokeyjoe
    smokeyjoe Member Posts: 1,425 Member

thanks doc
    poor angel, she's a tough girl. but dehydration is a biitch.

hugs,
    Pete

Hope she's feeling better
    Hope she's feeling better soon.....thinking of ya girl.
  • Doc_Hawk
    UPDATE
    I got an email from Jennie a little wile ago. They gave her Ambien to help her sleep and she had an allergic reaction. She woke up scared, disoriented and with a swelling on one side of her face. Her doctor said she'd need surgery, but then later in the email I think she said it wouldn't be needed. She's still on for the Cyberknife, though. Sorry that there's not much more info, but that's about the gist of what she said. I'll update more when I hear back from her.
  • wolfen
    wolfen Member Posts: 1,324 Member
    Doc_Hawk said:

UPDATE
    I got an email from Jennie a little wile ago. They gave her Ambien to help her sleep and she had an allergic reaction. She woke up scared, disoriented and with a swelling on one side of her face. Her doctor said she'd need surgery, but then later in the email I think she said it wouldn't be needed. She's still on for the Cyberknife, though. Sorry that there's not much more info, but that's about the gist of what she said. I'll update more when I hear back from her.

Thanks Doc
    Thanks Doc, for these updates. She is going through such a terrible time right now. I'm so hoping things will soon get better for her, so she can get strong for the cyberknife.
    You're in my thoughts, Jennie girl.

Luv,

Wolfen
  • LivinginNH
    LivinginNH Member Posts: 1,456 Member
    Jennie dear, I'm sending you
    Jennie dear, I'm sending you long distance cyber hugs!! (((()))
    Get better soon girl, we all miss you!

Take care, and rest up now.

Cyn
  • Sonia32
    Sonia32 Member Posts: 1,071 Member
    Thank you
    for letting us know. Sending more prayers and love out to her.
  • Doc_Hawk
    Sonia32 said:

Thank you
    for letting us know. Sending more prayers and love out to her.

Normally
    Normally, Sonia, I'd say "my pleasure" which it would be if there were more good news. So instead I'll say yo're welcome. Her email last night was pretty chaotic, so now I'm anxiously waiting to get another update.
  • Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Doc_Hawk said:

Normally
    Normally, Sonia, I'd say "my pleasure" which it would be if there were more good news. So instead I'll say yo're welcome. Her email last night was pretty chaotic, so now I'm anxiously waiting to get another update.

Dear Doc
    I add my thanks for the updates. Jennie with her smile and outgoing personality have been a boon to many here.

Hopefully she will soon be well enough to come down off some of the drugs that she needed.

Please send her our love and prayers for feeling better soonest.

Hugs,

Marie who loves kitties
  • lauragb
    lauragb Member Posts: 370 Member
    Thanks for keeping us
    Thanks for keeping us posted. I am keeping Jennie in my thoughts and prayers. I am so sorry to read all she is going through.