Chest Pains

NancyJac
NancyJac Member Posts: 91
I think I saw a passing mention of this on another thread, but now I can't find it again. Has anybody else ever gotten chest pains while on radiation treatments? I don't mean chest pains as in a heart attack, but more like muscle cramps. I've had this for a few minutes several times in the last week or so. I only have one more radiation treatment to go, so wondering if the chest pain/cramps will stop once the rads are done.

Comments

• Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    I don't remember having any
    I don't remember having any chest pains Nancy when I had rads. If someone else did, I hope they will reply to you. And, be sure and tell your rads oncologist when you go for that last treatment and let us know what he says.

Early congrats to you on finishing rads!

Hugs, Lex
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Alexis F said:

I don't remember having any
    I don't remember having any chest pains Nancy when I had rads. If someone else did, I hope they will reply to you. And, be sure and tell your rads oncologist when you go for that last treatment and let us know what he says.

Early congrats to you on finishing rads!

Hugs, Lex

I wonder if it could be
    I wonder if it could be because rads kind of tighten our skin, or, I think they do. It is like when you have a sunburn and your skin feels tighter. Maybe that is why?
  • debsweb18
    debsweb18 Member Posts: 191 Member
    During one of my sessions, I
    During one of my sessions, I felt a big stretch as I put my arms above my head. As I was driving home, I started having spasm like pains where my nipple used to be. They said it was because of the stretch and my nerve endings were repairing. That's the closest I had to what you described. Was it the center of your chest or the radiated side? Was it near an incision?