Symptom question

tmpage1273
tmpage1273 Member Posts: 92 Member
I am having some pain on right side of right breast (not quiet in armpit, but on edge toward it.) I don't feel a lump, but I had a breast reduction 6 years ago so it's hard to tell what's scar tissue and etc.

I guess my question is, did anyone have pain when they were diagnosed?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments

• Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    My advice is to go see a
    My advice is to go see a doctor. If you are worried enough about your pain to ask us, it is worth seeing a doctor. For me, the only way to get rid of the worry is to get an answer. We can share our stories (you'll find that some had pain and some didn't), but we can't get you a diagnosis.

Please come back and let us know what happens, we do care. Hopefully it is scar tissue and then we can all celebrate together.

Hugs,

Linda
  • tmpage1273

My advice is to go see a
    My advice is to go see a doctor. If you are worried enough about your pain to ask us, it is worth seeing a doctor. For me, the only way to get rid of the worry is to get an answer. We can share our stories (you'll find that some had pain and some didn't), but we can't get you a diagnosis.

Please come back and let us know what happens, we do care. Hopefully it is scar tissue and then we can all celebrate together.

Hugs,

Linda

Called
    I called my doctor this morning, but she's out this week. They left a message for her to call me Monday. I just wanted to know since I'll have all weekend to worry about it.
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Pain is not a usual
    Pain is not a usual presenting symptom, but depending on where a mass is, it certainly can be. It is very possible that this is scar tissue, but, of course, you need this checked. Good luck and keep us posted. (((Hugs)))
  • tmpage1273

Pain is not a usual
    Pain is not a usual presenting symptom, but depending on where a mass is, it certainly can be. It is very possible that this is scar tissue, but, of course, you need this checked. Good luck and keep us posted. (((Hugs)))

Hopefully
    ....the dr will call me first thing Monday morning. And I'll try not to obsess all weekend.

(Notice I said 'try.')
  • debi.18
    debi.18 Member Posts: 850 Member

Hopefully
    ....the dr will call me first thing Monday morning. And I'll try not to obsess all weekend.

(Notice I said 'try.')

No pain
    I had no pain with my lump. Sending prayers and postive thoughts your way! Even though it's hard, try not to dwell on it and enjoy your weekend. Glad you called your doc - please let us know what happens.

Hugs, Debi
  • NancyJac
    NancyJac Member Posts: 91

Hopefully

(Notice I said 'try.')

Not sure if this will make you obsess less or more
    ....but even if the doctor does call you first thing Monday morning, she isn't going to be able to tell you anything by just talking to you on the phone. When was your last mammiogram or sonagram? Your doctor will need to see you and then schedule you for some testing before any kind of diagnosis can be made and that could take a couple of weeks. So try to relax this weekend, because their will be nothing more to know come Monday.
  • tmpage1273
    NancyJac said:

Not sure if this will make you obsess less or more
    ....but even if the doctor does call you first thing Monday morning, she isn't going to be able to tell you anything by just talking to you on the phone. When was your last mammiogram or sonagram? Your doctor will need to see you and then schedule you for some testing before any kind of diagnosis can be made and that could take a couple of weeks. So try to relax this weekend, because their will be nothing more to know come Monday.

Tests
    I had last mammogram in 2006 when had my reduction. My dr. originally told me I'd have one when I am 40 (less than 2 years.)
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member

My advice is to go see a

Hugs,

Linda

I agree completely with
    I agree completely with Linda. Go see your doctor please. Let us know what you do and what you find out.

Hugs, Noel
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member

Hopefully

(Notice I said 'try.')

Hoping that your doctor will
    Hoping that your doctor will call you today and get you in right away.

Hugs, Diane
  • salls41
    salls41 Member Posts: 340
    Thinking of you
    Hope you have had the opportunity to speak with your doctor and gotten some peace of mind. As for pain, I had pain with my tumor which is why I was ignorant and figured it was a cyst and would go away. My advice to anyone is see your doctor, pain or not!
    {Hugs}
    Sandy
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
    salls41 said:

Thinking of you
    Hope you have had the opportunity to speak with your doctor and gotten some peace of mind. As for pain, I had pain with my tumor which is why I was ignorant and figured it was a cyst and would go away. My advice to anyone is see your doctor, pain or not!
    {Hugs}
    Sandy

Pain
    TM, my cancer was in the same area as you explained you were having pain (on the left breast, toward the armpit, but not in the armpit). I did have pain with it, and there was no lump to be felt. The tumor was wide, and the pain felt like a burning sensation when I would take off my bra and put on my night gown at night. The breast just felt heavy.

This being said, I would insist on seeing my doctor, and having this checked out. Mine was found in a routine mammogram, but I never "felt" it. You are just better off to see a doctor, and let them decide what kind of test should be run in order to ease your mind. Let us know when you get any info from your doctor. Hugs, Judy
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    salls41 said:

Thinking of you
    {Hugs}
    Sandy

I had no pain where my tumor
    I had no pain where my tumor was. Please see your doctor!

Prayers and cyber hugs,

Debby
  • tmpage1273
    DebbyM said:

I had no pain where my tumor
    I had no pain where my tumor was. Please see your doctor!

Prayers and cyber hugs,

Debby

dr today
    I am going to see dr today. We played phone tag for two days and then I had a meeting yesterday, so I'm going this afternoon. The funny thing is, the pain is completely gone. And I can't feel a lump at all. But I'm going anyway just to be sure.

Thanks everyone. Will try to post afterwards.
  • Pinky68
    Pinky68 Member Posts: 206 Member

dr today
    I am going to see dr today. We played phone tag for two days and then I had a meeting yesterday, so I'm going this afternoon. The funny thing is, the pain is completely gone. And I can't feel a lump at all. But I'm going anyway just to be sure.

Thinking of you
    Thinking of you, let us know!

Joyce
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member

dr today

I am calling out the Pink
    I am calling out the Pink Bus for you. All aboard ladies. Praying that this is all ok. Please let us know.
  • tmpage1273

I am calling out the Pink
    I am calling out the Pink Bus for you. All aboard ladies. Praying that this is all ok. Please let us know.

PINK BUS
    Oh, the pink bus for me? I feel special. Thanks so much! I'll update when I get out.
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member

PINK BUS
    Oh, the pink bus for me? I feel special. Thanks so much! I'll update when I get out.

Praying that you will post
    Praying that you will post good news!

Hugs, Diane
  • tmpage1273
    DianeBC said:

Praying that you will post
    Praying that you will post good news!

Hugs, Diane

New post
    I started a new thread called 'Dr appt.'