Please share your favorite quote or your personal "mantra"

Gabe N Abby Mom
Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
My "mantra"...

Life is about what is. It is not about what if? or why me? It is about what surrounds me in this moment.

From Chenheart..."we do what we have to do, so we can do what we want to."

Comments

• MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Mine is...
    "It is what it is"...I had no control over getting bc nor did I have any control over it's return... Good thread Linda!

Big hugs, Nancy
  • NancyJac
    NancyJac Member Posts: 91
    Excellent thread!
    Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    "We're all different -
    "We're all different and our DX/TX is different."

"There is no 'one size' that fitts all."
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Nancy and I share the same thought...
    It is what it is. Once I figure out what it is, I go from there. It's worked for me so far!

Sue
  • epark
    epark Member Posts: 339
    sbmly53 said:

Nancy and I share the same thought...
    It is what it is. Once I figure out what it is, I go from there. It's worked for me so far!

Sue

My favorit is "Pray or worry
    My favorit is "Pray or worry you can't do both.....I choice to pray and leave it in th man upstairs hand" ....quote by various people..
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    epark said:

My favorit is "Pray or worry
    My favorit is "Pray or worry you can't do both.....I choice to pray and leave it in th man upstairs hand" ....quote by various people..

When I get scared I say
    Let Go, Let God. Makes me calmer by realizing not only do I not have to try to control everything, an entity far greater than me has that control and I trust Him.

Hugs, Renee
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    missrenee said:

When I get scared I say
    Let Go, Let God. Makes me calmer by realizing not only do I not have to try to control everything, an entity far greater than me has that control and I trust Him.

Hugs, Renee

I have two.....the one Linda
    I have two.....the one Linda quoted ( We do what we have to do so we can do what we want to do) and Be Stronger Than, Not Angry At~
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Good Idea
    I only have one that relate to this thread and it is "Do not let cancer steal your joy". It takes so much else from us physically, it has no right to my mental state, no rights to my joy.

Hugs,

RE
  • ksf56
    ksf56 Member Posts: 202
    All
    All of what all you great ladies of listed are wonderful! My personal one is "It is what it is" but I use "Really?" alot (too much?). They cover most of the situations I seem to find myself in. Please keep the mantras coming - I may find my own changing!

Thanks ladies!
    Karen
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    ksf56 said:

All
    All of what all you great ladies of listed are wonderful! My personal one is "It is what it is" but I use "Really?" alot (too much?). They cover most of the situations I seem to find myself in. Please keep the mantras coming - I may find my own changing!

Thanks ladies!
    Karen

Never give in, or Never give up ...

Vicki Sam
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    My mantra was given to me by
    My mantra was given to me by my sister back in 1987. She told me, "You have always been incredibly stubborn, a real brick head. Now use that stubbornness to get better." I liked that advice :-)
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Make It Count!
    Mine is , "Make it Count!" Whatever I set my mind to, I give it my best. I have others, but that one stands out for me.

Good thread!
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Winyan - The Power Within
    How I usually sign off and with so many new ones many may not have a clue what it means.

I live in western SD and am a Veteran. In the many years I've been involved with Women Vet groups here, the term (and a drawing) has been there.

'Winyan' is Lakota for woman. As women, we have the power within us and are special. The drawing that is on 'things' (cups/t-shirts/etc.) shows 4 womwn in a circle. There is a blonde, redhead, brunette and black haired woman wearing blue, yellow, red and green. It means a lot to me rather it does to anyone else or not. As womwn we are all connected and posess incredible strenght.

Winyan - The Power Within.
    Susan
  • jendrey
    jendrey Member Posts: 377
    Rague said:

Winyan - The Power Within
    How I usually sign off and with so many new ones many may not have a clue what it means.

I live in western SD and am a Veteran. In the many years I've been involved with Women Vet groups here, the term (and a drawing) has been there.

'Winyan' is Lakota for woman. As women, we have the power within us and are special. The drawing that is on 'things' (cups/t-shirts/etc.) shows 4 womwn in a circle. There is a blonde, redhead, brunette and black haired woman wearing blue, yellow, red and green. It means a lot to me rather it does to anyone else or not. As womwn we are all connected and posess incredible strenght.

Winyan - The Power Within.
    Susan

There, but for...
    There, but for... as in: There but for the grace of God (go I).

I'm also partial to: I don't know who did what to you (to make you act that way), but it wasn't me. So, let's start over.

Good ones here all! =)

(((Hugs)))
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    jendrey said:

There, but for...
    There, but for... as in: There but for the grace of God (go I).

I'm also partial to: I don't know who did what to you (to make you act that way), but it wasn't me. So, let's start over.

Good ones here all! =)

(((Hugs)))

The one my sons remember most
    has been really helpful to me when I struggle through big feelings:

Would I rather be right or would I rather be happy? Of course the stubborn part of me thinks I'd be happy being right, but, well, doesn't always work that way:)

xoxo
    Victoria