brain MRI today - no sign of cancer

mariam_11_09
mariam_11_09 Member Posts: 691 Member
Big relief. I had really gotten myself worked up over mets. No brain mets however I have chronic ischemia disease (dead cells/lack of oxygen to brain) which is localised. The follow ups will be scheduled next week.

Also have a sinus infection with a cyst in one of the nasal passages. Wow! This explains the rapid decline in my sense of well being, the increasing fatigue over the course of this week but I have no other typical symptoms of a sinus infection. I guess I could go to urgent care over the weekend or wait until Monday but am hoping an antibiotic will do the job.

Thanks so much for putting up with my anxiety over the course of this week. I really appreciate it. If it weren't for this board I would not know who to turn to. You wonderful gals 'get it'.

hugs
Mariam

Comments

• RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Hallelujah!
    A big, no make that HUGE HUG coming down the coast of California straight for you! So happy to hear this news, even though you have some issue they can be worked out! Now relax and have a good weekend!!

RE
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    RE said:

Hallelujah!
    A big, no make that HUGE HUG coming down the coast of California straight for you! So happy to hear this news, even though you have some issue they can be worked out! Now relax and have a good weekend!!

RE

GREAT NEWS!
    Miriam.....

What wonderful news....! Now you can put your mind at ease....this kind of news is always so good to hear...and such a relief...
    Hugs, Nancy
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    MAJW said:

GREAT NEWS!
    Miriam.....

What wonderful news....! Now you can put your mind at ease....this kind of news is always so good to hear...and such a relief...
    Hugs, Nancy

A sigh of sweet relief, Mariam
    So glad to hear your news. Now, get those sinuses cleared up and feel better soon.

Hugs, Renee
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Great news, Mariam. (Big
    Great news, Mariam. (Big sigh of relief.) xoxoxoxo Lynn
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    missrenee said:

A sigh of sweet relief, Mariam
    So glad to hear your news. Now, get those sinuses cleared up and feel better soon.

Hugs, Renee

Hip Hip HIP ... Hooray!
    Wonderful .. wonderful news!

Sorry to hear about the sinus infection -- topped off with a cyst in one of the nasal passages... you poor thing!

Strength, Courage and HOPE for a Cure.

Vicki Sam
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Oh Miriam, I am so happy
    Oh Miriam, I am so happy it's not the dreaded cancer! Please let us know what happens with the follow up. It sounds like the sinuses might clear up fairly quickly.

Sounds like good news overall.

Big happy hugs,

Linda
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Breathing a sigh of relief for you!
    And hoping that you will soon have these things behind you.

Sue
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Thnking of you..
    Denise

Thnking of you..

Denise