Has anyone had this happen after chemo?

mskautz
mskautz Member Posts: 30
I had my second round today and shortly after I left I started having cold symptoms, sneezing, stuffy nose, nose draining..weird the way it just came on. I've never seen this as a side effect. Thanks, Kathy

Comments

• Vickilg
    Vickilg Member Posts: 281 Member
    Yes
    Hi! Yes, this has happened to me. I had a sore through and sinus issues. I thought my onocologist was going to get mad at me for getting sick. He said it was a side effect of the chemo.
  • mskautz
    mskautz Member Posts: 30
    Vickilg said:

Yes
    Hi! Yes, this has happened to me. I had a sore through and sinus issues. I thought my onocologist was going to get mad at me for getting sick. He said it was a side effect of the chemo.

Thank you so much, that
    Thank you so much, that helps alot to hear that, cause I wasn't finding it anywhere. Know it's not one of the more serious things like I'm reading today, but it helps to know. Also I had the jaw pain today with mashed potatoes, and when I drink the sharp knife feeling in the back top of my throat and today is just the first day. Wishing everyone well and I'll be resting here in my part of the world. /Thanks, Kathy
  • dmj101
    dmj101 Member Posts: 527 Member
    those are know side effects
    those are know side effects of 5FU was that what you had.
    I get the runny nose every time.
  • pluckey
    pluckey Member Posts: 484 Member
    My buggar bucket is running
    My buggar bucket is running nonstop!
  • Brenda Bricco
    Brenda Bricco Member Posts: 579 Member
    Yep!
    My Husband had the same thing and it seemed to get better further into the week, go away and then come again with next treatment. I hope you feel better very soon.
    GOD bless you!
    Brenda
  • smokeyjoe
    smokeyjoe Member Posts: 1,425 Member

Yep!
    My Husband had the same thing and it seemed to get better further into the week, go away and then come again with next treatment. I hope you feel better very soon.
    GOD bless you!
    Brenda

During infusions YES,
    During infusions YES, especially my eyes would tear.....nurse suggested atropine shot and it works wonderful!!! It even settled my tummy. Try that if they'll give it to you right before the infusion.
  • thxmiker
    thxmiker Member Posts: 1,278 Member
    smokeyjoe said:

During infusions YES,
    During infusions YES, especially my eyes would tear.....nurse suggested atropine shot and it works wonderful!!! It even settled my tummy. Try that if they'll give it to you right before the infusion.

I got the shot also, during
    I got the shot also, during my second FolFox and there after.

I was always nauseated. I ran to the toilet usually 2 times during the infusion.

Best Always, mike