My Mother was diagnosed with stomach cancer march 2012

taye2raj2
taye2raj2 Member Posts: 4
edited June 2012 in Stomach Cancer #1
I am in tremous pain and dis belief my Mother was diagnosed with stomach cancer two months ago and she is losing her battle so fast she opt not to do chemo due to her weight loss and how weak she was from the begining why was it not detected sooner she was diagnosed with stage 4 the only health problem my mom suffered was hyper thyroidism so I guess she contributed the weight loss to that she was very healthy prior with the exception of a few months prior constipation it is devastating and I feel breathless to watch my beautiful mother become skeletal she is amazing she just recently started taking morphine she has terrible symptoms she is unable to eat do to the continuous build up of phlem I am my sibling are suffering we are devastated and the tears never cease the thought of never seeing her again causes me to feel sick I do not know what to do words can not describe the agony I feel and there is nothing anyone can say to comfort me at this time I feel like screaming WHY where does this evil called cancer come from what is it how is it killing people

Comments

• moonriser
    moonriser Member Posts: 1
    moms final days
    My Mom was also diagnosed in march and now entered her finals days.
    i know how you feel and i understand the agony.
    im so very sorry, no one should feel this pain!
  • Viperette
    Viperette Member Posts: 2
    My mom was diagnosed 3 weeks
    My mom was diagnosed 3 weeks ago and we are just finding out today it is at least stage 3, maybe 4. I am so sorry for what you are going through, but know that you are not alone. My thoughts and prayers are go out to everyone who is dealing with this.
  • taye2raj2
    My Mother passed away June 30 2012 stomach cancer stage 4
    Yesterday and today has been extremely painful the tears seem to never end she was 73 years old full of life and very beautiful I loved her so much she has always been a wonderful mom with each breath I take I have to say my mother is gone and my heart skips a beat how can one get over such a great loss where do I go I have entered into black clouds my heart is broken every bone in my body aches I feel sick I want to scream why why why it is to late my Mother has left this earth
  • taye2raj2
    Viperette said:

My mom was diagnosed 3 weeks
    My mom was diagnosed 3 weeks ago and we are just finding out today it is at least stage 3, maybe 4. I am so sorry for what you are going through, but know that you are not alone. My thoughts and prayers are go out to everyone who is dealing with this.

God Bless your family
    Love your mom surround her with everything good
  • taye2raj2
    moonriser said:

moms final days
    My Mom was also diagnosed in march and now entered her finals days.
    i know how you feel and i understand the agony.
    im so very sorry, no one should feel this pain!

Blessing to your family
    there is nothing greater than a mom love her and comfort her
  • hopeforJoni
    hopeforJoni Member Posts: 2
    taye2raj2 said:

Yesterday and today has been extremely painful the tears seem to never end she was 73 years old full of life and very beautiful I loved her so much she has always been a wonderful mom with each breath I take I have to say my mother is gone and my heart skips a beat how can one get over such a great loss where do I go I have entered into black clouds my heart is broken every bone in my body aches I feel sick I want to scream why why why it is to late my Mother has left this earth

I am so sorry to hear about
    I am so sorry to hear about your mom!!! My mom was diagnosed with Stage IV stomach cancer on May 1, 2012... She had her 3rd treatment 2 weeks ago and now she can't keep any food down, she just throws everything up. She is getting so weaker and I am getting scared.

I know you are heartbroken about your mom but at the same time you should be grateful she lived to be 73! My mom is only 55... She has no grandkids yet. I can't imagine having babies without my mom there! I have said several times to her and others that I think you have lived a full life till your at least 70 and my mom is still 15 years short, that is so much time. I hope and pray that my mom can get through this although I know at this point it would have to be a miracle from God.

Again I am so sorry to hear about your mom but be thankful you had her for as long as you did!!!
  • Kenyan Lady
    Kenyan Lady Member Posts: 1
    taye2raj2 said:

Lost my mother to cervical cancer on July 9, 2012
    I'm still in disbelief and by joining this community, I now realise that I'm not the only one in pain. My mother was diagnosed with cervical cancer in 2010 and since then, my family hasn't known peace. Mother used to be very happy and a very outgoing person. She showed us all the love that a mother ever could. I love her so much and I never thought that such a time would come when I would live without her. I know how much pain you are going through and I can guarantee you that one can ever be prepared for the loss of a mother. I feel lost too because I depended so much on her for advice and mentoring. I was with her during her very last minutes and believe me, I screamt for God to bring her back.
    Looking back at her pain and all the therapies she went through, I at times thank God for taking her because I know that she is in pain no more. I feel sad but find comfort in God. I hope this encourages you too.
  • Judy C.
    Judy C. Member Posts: 7
    taye2raj2 said:

your Mom's passing
    Are you manageing to get through losing your Mom? Do you have siblings, a Dad, a Grandma or Grandpa to help you find comfort?
    Please let us all know how you are doing.
    If you believe in God, then believe that you will be with your Mom again, someday, in heaven. Meanwhile, she is with you ALWAYS, in spirit, and you must remember all the good memories. That is what will get you through life.......and you are young, and have your own memories to make.

My heart just aches for my daughter. She was murdered when she was only 36, so I've been without her for 13 years now. The pain gets easier with time, but you never forget them, and you will always love them.

Judy C.
  • Judy C.

Lost my mother to cervical cancer on July 9, 2012
    I'm still in disbelief and by joining this community, I now realise that I'm not the only one in pain. My mother was diagnosed with cervical cancer in 2010 and since then, my family hasn't known peace. Mother used to be very happy and a very outgoing person. She showed us all the love that a mother ever could. I love her so much and I never thought that such a time would come when I would live without her. I know how much pain you are going through and I can guarantee you that one can ever be prepared for the loss of a mother. I feel lost too because I depended so much on her for advice and mentoring. I was with her during her very last minutes and believe me, I screamt for God to bring her back.
    Looking back at her pain and all the therapies she went through, I at times thank God for taking her because I know that she is in pain no more. I feel sad but find comfort in God. I hope this encourages you too.

losing your Mom
    How is going for you now? Are you manageing to get through this loss in your life?
    How are you dealing with it?

I've had stomach cancer but have survived because they caught it early. Long story. But I lost my daughter 13 years ago at the age of 36, and I can certainly understand your pain, even though everyone views their pain differently, it is devastating to go through, but it is a part of life. Make the most of your life..... because that is what your Mom would have wanted for you. Don't you agree?

Let me know how you are doing.

Judy C.
  • Judy C.
    wanted to comment on the symptoms your Mom may have had
    Hopefully in time the Dr.'s will pay more attention to tests with some common symptoms people have. Like: constipation, bloating, acid reflux, and general intestinal distress. I was so very fortunate, because my Gastroenterologist at Kaiser Vacaville did a colonoscopy AND an endoscopy at the same time, because of my symptoms. She saved my life. My colon was fine, but she found cancer in my stomach, but luckily caught it early. I had a long recovery because of infection, but I am fine now. (or at least so far I am) It has been a year or a little longer since my last surgery.
    I wish all the Dr.'s would start doing Endoscopy's with the colonscopy's so that stomach cancer would be caught early. Please write your hmo and suggest this. Also, for your information, I was told that stomach cancer is often overlooked like Pancreatic cancer, because the symptoms are sometimes not so noticeable, or are vague like, and so the symptoms just get ignored so much of the time.

I noticed that you wrote in June, how are things going now?

Keep thinking positively, and do what you can. My Best to you, Judy C.
  • MPru12
    MPru12 Member Posts: 2
    taye2raj2 said:

Father has Stage 4, too.
    My thoughts and prayers are going for you and your family. This is not an easy journey and my heart feels for all who have to go through this. It is encouraging to know that others have these feelings of anger and fear. It is just so hard to figure out what to do with these feelings.

My father was diagnosed with Stage 4 Stomach Cancer in May 2011. He was 55 at the time and in good health, so we went the chemotherapy route. The first 4 rounds, his body had a very tough time. After each round, he wound up in the hospital getting blood transfusions. By September, a piece of his tumor broke off and caused a GI bleed. We were also told that this could have been caused by Lovenox injections to his stomach. Either way, we were never given a clear answer and were told that he was dying and we should contact our family. So we did just that. When my mother was finally able to go back and see my father (who was in ICU at this time), he was fine. He was sitting up, talking, and wondering why people were coming back to see him. He was out of the hospital in a weeks time.

His body recovered and we started with a new chemotherapy regimen- one he would be able to come home with. This chemo seemed to be really well. He had treatments from October 2011- March of 2012. Our oncologist told us to stop for the time being for his body to get a break. It looked like his cancer had not spread and he was doing fine. In July of 2012, he was even able to walk me down the aisle and was stronger than ever. We went away on vacation in August and fished daily. Towards the end of the trip, he began vomiting bile. His appetite stopped and he was experiencing constipation. We began chemo back up the week after. His body did not handle it well. He began vomiting more frequently and in large amounts and my mother took him into the ER where he was admitted. That was September 8th. Since then, they placed him on IV fluids, antibiotics, and TPN for nutrition. He had an NG Tube in for 12 days. His heart went into A-Fib and he was transported to the Tele-Monitor floor. It pains me to see him every day- still vomiting bile and sometimes blood. It pains me to know that he thinks he'll get better. His oncologist was surprised he lasted over the weekend and told me on Monday that he wouldn't last the night. It is Thursday now, and he is still kicking. But the worst part is yet to come, as I know he will soon lose his battle. I feel for all of you who are also going through this. This cancer makes me angry and confused. He was an athlete most of his life and worked as a corrections' officer in a prison. Strong heart and strong body. This makes no sense. My thoughts are with all of you and your loved ones.
  • oregon 64
    oregon 64 Member Posts: 2
    Judy C. said:

wanted to comment on the symptoms your Mom may have had
    Hopefully in time the Dr.'s will pay more attention to tests with some common symptoms people have. Like: constipation, bloating, acid reflux, and general intestinal distress. I was so very fortunate, because my Gastroenterologist at Kaiser Vacaville did a colonoscopy AND an endoscopy at the same time, because of my symptoms. She saved my life. My colon was fine, but she found cancer in my stomach, but luckily caught it early. I had a long recovery because of infection, but I am fine now. (or at least so far I am) It has been a year or a little longer since my last surgery.
    I wish all the Dr.'s would start doing Endoscopy's with the colonscopy's so that stomach cancer would be caught early. Please write your hmo and suggest this. Also, for your information, I was told that stomach cancer is often overlooked like Pancreatic cancer, because the symptoms are sometimes not so noticeable, or are vague like, and so the symptoms just get ignored so much of the time.

I noticed that you wrote in June, how are things going now?

Keep thinking positively, and do what you can. My Best to you, Judy C.

gastrointestinal stromal tumor
    Dear Judy, is this the type of stomach cancer you had? I wish and hope you are doing well.

Did you have weight loss issues too?

Sincerely,

oregon 64