First Follow-up Scan

Shan_39
Shan_39 Member Posts: 17
I am preparing for my first follow-up CT scan after having a right, radical nephrectomy on March 1, 2012. I've been feeling a little anxious, and worried. After being a smoker for 25 years( I've quit now for 4 months) I'm afraid they will find it in my lungs. Also, the past couple of weeks I've been having problems with my ankles swelling up on an off, and I'm not able to fit into rather large clothing, because of the water retention in my abdominal area. I'm just crossing my fingers for an ALL clear!

Shannon

Comments

• littledarlin
    littledarlin Member Posts: 102
    Best wishes with your scan..
    Shannon, good luck with your follow up scan..I had a partial right nephrectomy on April 30 2012 and also quit smoking like you.. Its been almost 2 months now. I also have abdominal swelling and wonder if it is water retention or just a after effect of the surgery. When are you having your scan? I will be cheering for you....

little darlin...
  • Shan_39

Best wishes with your scan..
    Shannon, good luck with your follow up scan..I had a partial right nephrectomy on April 30 2012 and also quit smoking like you.. Its been almost 2 months now. I also have abdominal swelling and wonder if it is water retention or just a after effect of the surgery. When are you having your scan? I will be cheering for you....

little darlin...

Scan on Wednesday
    Hi Little Darlin,

My scan is on Wednesday, and I will find out the results from my oncologist on Thursday. Thank you for the well wishes! Congrats on quitting smoking! I wish I could have quit before I got sick! Now, I fear the reprecussions of so many years of smoking, but pray for the best. I'm going to ask about the retention be because I feel miserable sometimes. How are you doing otherwise?

Shannon
  • littledarlin
    littledarlin Member Posts: 102
    Shan_39 said:

Scan on Wednesday
    Hi Little Darlin,

My scan is on Wednesday, and I will find out the results from my oncologist on Thursday. Thank you for the well wishes! Congrats on quitting smoking! I wish I could have quit before I got sick! Now, I fear the reprecussions of so many years of smoking, but pray for the best. I'm going to ask about the retention be because I feel miserable sometimes. How are you doing otherwise?

Shannon

otherwise...
    Hi Shannon,

Good luck with your Wednesday scan and your meeting with your oncologist on Thursday..Also Congrats on quitting smoking..As for how I am doing otherwise..I have started back to walking one plus miles 3 to 5 times a week. I have been very tired since the surgery but am getting better slowly but surely.

Take care and let us know how your scan goes later this week. There is usually someone logged in or there will be very soon...

Taking all things in moderation and living
    "ONE DAY AT A TIME"..
    Signing off for now..
    littledarlin..
  • alice124
    alice124 Member Posts: 896 Member

otherwise...
    Hi Shannon,

Good luck with your Wednesday scan and your meeting with your oncologist on Thursday..Also Congrats on quitting smoking..As for how I am doing otherwise..I have started back to walking one plus miles 3 to 5 times a week. I have been very tired since the surgery but am getting better slowly but surely.

Take care and let us know how your scan goes later this week. There is usually someone logged in or there will be very soon...

Taking all things in moderation and living
    "ONE DAY AT A TIME"..
    Signing off for now..
    littledarlin..

smoking
    Shannon and LD,

Hats off to you for quitting smoking. Hopefully it will make a huge difference in your overall recovery.

Shannon - good luck tomorrow! Keep us posted.
  • Shan_39
    alice124 said:

smoking
    Shannon and LD,

Hats off to you for quitting smoking. Hopefully it will make a huge difference in your overall recovery.

Shannon - good luck tomorrow! Keep us posted.

Good News

Good News on my scan...no NED!! Good for another 3 months! It's a great day to be alive!!

Shannon
  • garym
    garym Member Posts: 1,647
    Shan_39 said:

Good News

Good News on my scan...no NED!! Good for another 3 months! It's a great day to be alive!!

Shannon

NED & No More Smoke...
    Shannon,

Congrats on both fronts, NED and NMS!!
  • matchframe
    matchframe Member Posts: 58
    Shan_39 said:

Good News

Shannon

Good to hear!!
    Good to hear news like this!!

Congrats!!

Bill
  • DMike
    DMike Member Posts: 259
    Shan_39 said:

Good News

Shannon

It does feel good!
    Congratulations! It does feel good doesn't it! :)