Question

2»

Comments

• Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    tuffenuff said:

This thread makes me
    This thread makes me wonder... On my pet they saw "some uptake" on the back of my tongue and soft palate. Sounded like no big deal and didnt sound unusual being my tonsil was huge and touching all of those areas. I've been assuming that whatever the rads don't get will be sort of swept up by the chemo. Could that be or should I count on surgery when it's all said and done?

Said and Done....
    I'd presume you won't know anything until it's all said and done....

And given some ample time to heal, go through a scan or two, step back and determine how effective your intital treatment was.

JG
  • Tim6003
    Tim6003 Member Posts: 1,514 Member
    buzz99 said:

So sorry to hear of the recurrence. Our experience has been that the post-treatment follow-up is not an exact science and the answers may be elusive. We have been dealing with lots of questions/misleading information since Buzz finished treatment January 2011. His cancer is definitely back now (3 areas). Hopefully yours is just in the one spot and can be removed. It is so devastating to be dealing with cancer after you think you are done. Will be thinking of you. Karen

Sorry...
    Prayers for you Linda.

I wonder if Pat would answer that question (if he doesn't mind) about the "slight uptick in heat" ...My first post tx PET/ CT (May 7th) was good but they did see a slight uptick in heat on my vocal cords.....I had a scope and oral / finger exam the same day as my PET / CT with my ENT ...all looked good. June 6th I had another scope finger exam with my onc. and ENT ..all looked good ...

(and on June 14th I had an MRI of the brain) all was negative.....

I get confused on cases such as yours, buzz's and others on here. ???

I do agree with the comment that you "insist" on biopsies, scans or whatever if you feel something is not right ...however I say that humbly bc I know doctors have a lot of patients and there is no exacet science in all of this....

Again, Prayers for you Linda.

Best,

Tim
  • ooo
    ooo Member Posts: 105
    Just wanted to wish you good
    Just wanted to wish you good luck for tomorrow, Linda.
    I'll think of you.

Dre.
  • osmotar
    osmotar Member Posts: 1,006
    ooo said:

Just wanted to wish you good
    Just wanted to wish you good luck for tomorrow, Linda.
    I'll think of you.

Dre.

Thanks Dre
    Thank you so much...stress high..woke at 3am with a nasty headache first I've had since my txs started last year. I still have several agonizing hours before I have to leave for the out patient surgery center.. Oh well ...things will be what they are.
  • Grandmax4
    Grandmax4 Member Posts: 723
    Thinking of you from Ohio
    May today be the end of the evil beast