" the Regoranfenib Post & other new drugs"

Pamela123
Pamela123 Member Posts: 12
edited June 2012 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Just started a clinical trial for regorafenib, the first dose , of the first day. Hope this drug is effective for everyone who will take it. It is nice not to have to go to the infussion center for the day and come home with that pump. This drug is taken for 3 weeks on 1 week off. Weekly blood tests and monthly dr appt.
«1

Comments

  • idlehunters
    idlehunters Member Posts: 1,787
    Hey....thanks for update
    Appreciate the update. Will you keep us informed on how you do with it? Thank you

    Jennie
  • smokeyjoe
    smokeyjoe Member Posts: 1,425

    Hey....thanks for update
    Appreciate the update. Will you keep us informed on how you do with it? Thank you

    Jennie

    Keep us posted, hope you
    Keep us posted, hope you have great success with this drug.
  • janderson1964
    janderson1964 Member Posts: 2,215 Member
    Yes please keep us updated.
    Yes please keep us updated. There are a lot of folks on here who are anxious to learn about this drugs effectiveness and side effects.
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    smokeyjoe said:

    Keep us posted, hope you
    Keep us posted, hope you have great success with this drug.

    Please Pamela keep us informed since there are many of us
    who are interested in that drug!
  • Brenda Bricco
    Brenda Bricco Member Posts: 579
    dmj101 said:
    Am I understanding this
    Am I understanding this correctly? Those that got the actuall drug lived approxiamatley a month and a half longer than those that got placebo?
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member

    Am I understanding this
    Am I understanding this correctly? Those that got the actuall drug lived approxiamatley a month and a half longer than those that got placebo?

    Don't under it either !
    Suppose is an average since many people does not respond to chemo but if there is regression life expects must be much higher, may be somebody can explain this properly?
  • LivinginNH
    LivinginNH Member Posts: 1,456 Member
    pepebcn said:

    Don't under it either !
    Suppose is an average since many people does not respond to chemo but if there is regression life expects must be much higher, may be somebody can explain this properly?

    We can only pray that these


    We can only pray that these drug trials provide for longer survival and hope for us all.

    All my best,

    Cynthia
  • dmj101
    dmj101 Member Posts: 527

    Am I understanding this
    Am I understanding this correctly? Those that got the actuall drug lived approxiamatley a month and a half longer than those that got placebo?

    I was hoping someone else
    I was hoping someone else caught that too...
    seems like hardly a plus
  • here4lfe
    here4lfe Member Posts: 306 Member

    Am I understanding this
    Am I understanding this correctly? Those that got the actuall drug lived approxiamatley a month and a half longer than those that got placebo?

    On average
    But some outliers lasted a year and some died earlier. But it was around 5 months for placebo and 6 for the treatment group.

    Best
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    here4lfe said:

    On average
    But some outliers lasted a year and some died earlier. But it was around 5 months for placebo and 6 for the treatment group.

    Best

    Well must be a trick here, as 1 month is nothing,not even time
    to know if it has worked between Scan controls every two or three months! .Somebody has to explain us better, but I repeat look for Aflibercept, that's the drug I think I'm going to use in case I need a new one!
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    pepebcn said:

    Well must be a trick here, as 1 month is nothing,not even time
    to know if it has worked between Scan controls every two or three months! .Somebody has to explain us better, but I repeat look for Aflibercept, that's the drug I think I'm going to use in case I need a new one!

    Pamela we can use this post as a fix one about new drugs!
    Would be a good idea if you can change the name of the post for " the Regoranfenib Post & other new drugs" what you think about?.
    Hugs!
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    pepebcn said:

    Well must be a trick here, as 1 month is nothing,not even time
    to know if it has worked between Scan controls every two or three months! .Somebody has to explain us better, but I repeat look for Aflibercept, that's the drug I think I'm going to use in case I need a new one!

    Pamela we can use this post as a fix one about new drugs!
    Would be a good idea if you can change the name of the post for " the Regoranfenib Post & other new drugs" what you think about?.
    Hugs!
  • Pamela123
    Pamela123 Member Posts: 12
    pepebcn said:

    Pamela we can use this post as a fix one about new drugs!
    Would be a good idea if you can change the name of the post for " the Regoranfenib Post & other new drugs" what you think about?.
    Hugs!

    Sounds good to me, im not
    Sounds good to me, im not sure how to change the name on the post. The doctors seem pretty excited about the possibilty of the drug, more so than just the 2 months extra of life. I will keep everyone informed as to what they find out.
    Thanks
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    Pamela123 said:

    Sounds good to me, im not
    Sounds good to me, im not sure how to change the name on the post. The doctors seem pretty excited about the possibilty of the drug, more so than just the 2 months extra of life. I will keep everyone informed as to what they find out.
    Thanks

    Pam just in the top left of the thread above your Pic ( I know
    you don't have pic yet) you will see the button edit, by pressing it you can change any word of your posts , so just change the title inside the box!
    It would make a long time post! .
    Hugs and thanks Pam!
  • fatbob2010
    fatbob2010 Member Posts: 467 Member
    pepebcn said:

    Pam just in the top left of the thread above your Pic ( I know
    you don't have pic yet) you will see the button edit, by pressing it you can change any word of your posts , so just change the title inside the box!
    It would make a long time post! .
    Hugs and thanks Pam!

    Great idea...A long time
    Great idea...A long time posting area for this and other new drugs could be a helpful collection, at least from my perspective. Hugs of thanks for the good idea.
  • taraHK
    taraHK Member Posts: 1,952
    Great
    Great. Good luck with it!

    Would you mind letting us know where you live/are receiving the drug? Or, if you'd rather not share that information on a public board, perhaps you could PM me?

    I am still using Gemzar/GOLF now but might be looking at using this next and might have to come to the States to use.

    Thanks

    Tara
  • Pamela123
    Pamela123 Member Posts: 12
    I'm sorry that my
    I'm sorry that my descriptions are not the most informative and desivive. I dont think i will continue this post due to lack of interest. The comment about "Who would want to take this drug anyway" kinda made that descision for me. Thank you for the help this site has giving me in my times of need.
  • Pamela123
    Pamela123 Member Posts: 12
    Pamela123 said:

    I'm sorry that my
    I'm sorry that my descriptions are not the most informative and desivive. I dont think i will continue this post due to lack of interest. The comment about "Who would want to take this drug anyway" kinda made that descision for me. Thank you for the help this site has giving me in my times of need.

    I am from Michigan, and the
    I am from Michigan, and the trial is here.
  • Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Pamela123 said:

    I'm sorry that my
    I'm sorry that my descriptions are not the most informative and desivive. I dont think i will continue this post due to lack of interest. The comment about "Who would want to take this drug anyway" kinda made that descision for me. Thank you for the help this site has giving me in my times of need.

    Misunderstanding
    I think there has been a misundertanding...if you read starting at the title of the post and continue to the body, you will see that the post you reference is actually very interested in this drug.