just finished colonoscopy with results

califvader
califvader Member Posts: 108
this is my second colonoscopy. i am 63. the doctor found 4 polyps and all are benign. he said two of the polyps were of the pre cancerous type but he removed all 4 of them. the doctor said because of my polyp history i should have this procedure done every 5 years.

Comments

• dmj101
    dmj101 Member Posts: 527 Member
    That sounds great..
    Every 5

That sounds great..
    Every 5 years is the ordinary follow up for non cancer. so he must think you are safe to wait 5 years..
    Do you think you should be going sooner.. I have to say I kind think so as pre-cancerous polyps found since last colonscopy.. hmmmm how long ago was that 1st colonscopy.
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Colonoscopy
    Just had a colonoscopy last month and doctor found nothing. Same as two years ago - nothing, but he wants me back every two years. You didn't say how long ago the last one was. If it was 5 years ago - maybe another 5 but I'd ask for something sooner if it was me - but I'm a worrier. Every doctor is different.

Kim
  • LivinginNH
    LivinginNH Member Posts: 1,456 Member
    Hmmm, five years?? I had
    Hmmm, five years?? I had only one precancerous polyp removed and the Dana Farber oncologist told me that I'd now have to get a colonoscopy every two years. You might want to get a second opinion...

Take care,
    Cynthia
  • Doc_Hawk
    Doc_Hawk Member Posts: 685
    Colonoscopy
    I agree with Cynthia: a colonoscopy ever two years certainly can't hurt. I've been in treatment for two years and when I go in to see the onc tomorrow, I'm going to ask about getting another one, even though my PET scan a couple of months ago said that my colon was clear.
  • Helen321
    Helen321 Member Posts: 1,460 Member
    I'm never listening to
    I'm never listening to another doctor again when it comes to time. I am going with the two year vote. I'd probably go every one year but that's because my insurance allows it and that's what they do for precervical.
  • danker
    danker Member Posts: 1,276 Member
    Colonoscopy
    Likt many of the posts,I think 5 years is too long. When my Colonoscopy 1 year after resection was NED, I was told to get the next one in 3 years. Cannot afford to wait 5 years.
  • califvader
    califvader Member Posts: 108
    danker said:

Colonoscopy
    Likt many of the posts,I think 5 years is too long. When my Colonoscopy 1 year after resection was NED, I was told to get the next one in 3 years. Cannot afford to wait 5 years.

first one
    my first colonoscopy was 6 years ago. i will take the advice of this panel as i value the opinions of this site immensely.
    i have battled another cancer and those people of that type gave me invaluable information.