OT - I am very sad tonight

ladyg
ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
I am feeling very sad tonight. One of my friends/co-workers lost her fiancee to liver cancer. This is the second time this has happened to her. She lost her husband 2 years ago to the same beast. And as if that is not enough to deal with another good friend of hers that was staying with her had a stroke. And all of this on top of all the health issues she has. How much should one person have to bear.

I feel so helpless and wish there was something I could do to take away her pain. She knows I am there for her so I hope that helps some.

Thanks for listening.

Hugs,
Georgia

Comments

• aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    Big hug
    to you.

xoxo
    Victoria
  • Frankie Shannon
    Frankie Shannon Member Posts: 457
    I am so sorry you are
    I am so sorry you are feeling so sad there is an old saying that god only gives us what we can handle but some times i wounder.My thoughts and prayers go out to your friend.
    Hugs Frankie
  • eihtak
    eihtak Member Posts: 1,473 Member
    In my prayers
    Just letting you know both your friend and you are in my prayers. Its a funny thing (well not really funny) but....normally I pray daily. My life has been just crazy busy with family stuff the last several days and I have had a change in some meds and feeling just lousy. Somehow I seemed not to fit in even a few minutes of prayer till last night. Today I felt great and life has settled into place...I will ask for better days for you also.
  • rallendorfer
    rallendorfer Member Posts: 244
    You being there is a life line for your friend
    Georgia,

Just like this board comforts all of us, you are there for your friend and have her back. That is more than you know!

Rebecca
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    wow so much to handle...but
    wow so much to handle...but with good friend(s) she will get through this...

sending good thoughts her way..

Denise
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    I know that what I want from
    I know that what I want from my friend of many years is usually someone who will listen and just be there. She has also surprised me with a massage, or a meal. I hope with each day you and your good friend feel better and better.

Hugs,

Linda
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294

I know that what I want from
    I know that what I want from my friend of many years is usually someone who will listen and just be there. She has also surprised me with a massage, or a meal. I hope with each day you and your good friend feel better and better.

Hugs,

Linda

Georgia
    I know you feel sad and hopeless. If you can spend more time with her it will be helpful.
    Sending you a big hug
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991

I am so sorry you are
    I am so sorry you are feeling so sad there is an old saying that god only gives us what we can handle but some times i wounder.My thoughts and prayers go out to your friend.
    Hugs Frankie

Big hugs for you and prayers
    Big hugs for you and prayers for your friends.

Hugs, Angie