LAST CHEMO

2»

Comments

• DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    ldpettit said:

Thank you
    Thank you guys... I finished the blood boost shots. My white count went from 2.1 on Monday to 14.1 on Wednesday (Thank God for those shots)... so instead of low, which I have been for months (but not this low), I am now in the HIGH range. lol The ANC went from 900 to 1.25... not as high as I though the boost shots would puch it, but at least it is over 1.0 - right? We shall see how it goes. Praying too it is only a fluke.. however, wondering if it is the Effexor addition to my system that is effecting it. I see the MO Wednesday next week and will ask.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!

I guess those blood boost
    I guess those blood boost shots did work! You have a great weekend too!
  • MGNS
    MGNS Member Posts: 197 Member
    ldpettit said:

LAST ONE
    Thank you SO MUCh everyone for your cheers.... and encouraging words. Thank you also for the tips...

Retail therapy... I haven't done that in SO long. My husband lost his job in December and is still looking. This month we realized we have spent our savings and so we are just getting by on unemployment and prayer. Since my chemo is now done, I am looking to get back to work. Honestly... the thought is daunting especially with my brain not feeling so johnny on the spot any more... GAH!

Other than that, I'm feeling pretty good. Still slight headache... stiff neck and a little discomfort behind my left shoulder blade. Going to see the MO Wednesday next week to talk about that and my low ANC and White Counts. I have a feeling it was the Effexor that changed it, but waht to discuss with her. They have been low through all the chemo and yes, even on the Herceptin. So, I'm hoping once a few months have passed my counts start to go back up.

Upward and onward - right??? I admit I try not to think about the "what if's"... but some days... it's hard not to.

Again thank you everyone!! Your encouragement and messages truly made my day!! :)

Lisa

Congratulations! Big hugs
    Congratulations! Big hugs and cheers for you! Stay positive and strong in spirit and faith as you let your body heal. You are an amazing pink warrior!!!
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    MGNS said:

Congratulations! Big hugs
    Congratulations! Big hugs and cheers for you! Stay positive and strong in spirit and faith as you let your body heal. You are an amazing pink warrior!!!

Goodbye to chemo! Congrats!
    Goodbye to chemo! Congrats!
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    DebbyM said:

I guess those blood boost
    I guess those blood boost shots did work! You have a great weekend too!

I am really late but sending
    I am really late but sending big congrats to you!
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member

First of all, congrats on
    First of all, congrats on last chemo!!! Yippee!!! No mo chemo. Isn't that an awesome feeling? Give yourself time to heal now, but you will get a little stronger every day.

My WBC's and ANC tanked after chemo. The ANC (absolute neutrophil count) is a measure of your neutrophils which are one type of white blood cells. White blood cells and neutrophils are very important in fighting infection. BTW, it took a months for both to slowly improve.

"Things you can do to reduce your risk of infection when you have low white blood count:
    •Frequent hand washing of both you and those coming in contact with you.
    •Avoid contact with anyone who is sick. If someone in the home is sick limit contact and consult your doctor or nurse.
    •Do not have dental work done while your white blood cell count is low.
    When your white blood cell count is low you may NOT have the usual signs and symptoms when developing an infection such as:
    •Redness
    •Swelling
    •Pus formation (at the site of an injury or incision)
    •Cough
    •Sputum
    •Nasal drainage (from a sinus or respiratory infection)

Therefore, it is extremely important to be alert to any change in how you feel and report and discuss what you are feeling with your doctor or nurse.

When to call your doctor or health care provider about low blood count:

Call immediately if you have:
    •A temperature greater than or equal to 100.5°F. (Check with your health care provider, you may be instructed to call for temperature greater than or equal to 100°F)
    •Chills (rigors) or shakes
    •Sudden onset of a new unexplained pain.

Call within 24 hours if you experience the following:
    •Sore throat
    •Sores in your mouth
    •A white coating in your mouth, especially your tongue
    •Signs of a bladder infection ◦Burning with urination
    ◦Blood in your urine
    ◦Needing to urinate more frequently than normal
    ◦Having to urinate in hurry and possibly not making it to the bathroom in time."

Low Blood Counts

http://www.chemocare.com/managing/low_blood_counts.asp

I am a closet hand-sanitizer user. If I shake a hand, touch another person, touch anything germy, I use the hand sanitizer in my purse. Not a germaphobe, just realistic. We are immunocompromised and we have to be careful.

Hope this helps and congratulations again! What a happy day!

I just saw this and wanted
    I just saw this and wanted to say congratulations!