follow up visit fears

tjohnson2310
tjohnson2310 Member Posts: 168 Member
I was diagnosed in may of 2010 my follow up visit is next week. I am always nervous about follow up visits.So, keep me in your prayers. Thanks for the support.

Comments

• New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Sending positive thoughts
    I usually take Ativan on the night before my visits. It works for me. You can start taking it in advance too
    Good luck
  • ksf56
    ksf56 Member Posts: 202
    I know what you mean
    I just had my first mammogram post treatment and I was quaking. Ativan helped me too! I got thru it and good news came out of it too. I will keep you in my prayers and I'm sending waves of good thoughts to you!

Hugs!
    Karen
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    I hope all goes well and
    I hope all goes well and that you have only good news.

Hugs,

Linda
  • SIROD
    SIROD Member Posts: 2,194 Member
    Follow Up Visits
    It will be 18 years for me this summer since my diagnose with breast cancer. I will share this, I was always the first one to know when things were not right. Even from the first mammogram on... I would say, whenever I believe there was a problem, there was one. Over the years, I rarely was wrong. Though there were times, I wish I had been wrong. We become so in tune with our bodies, when something is amiss, were the first to sense it.

If you feel that all is well, it probably is. Thinks of follow up appointments in the same manner you feel about a follow up visits to your dentist.

Over 70% of women never have another episode with breast cancer again, that is something to keep in mind.

I do wish you a great, uneventful visit with your doctor.

Best,

Doris
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Yeah, I can relate.
    I hear you. These visits can be nerve racking to say the least. I will say a prayer that God grant you peace of mind and heart as you get ready to meet with your doctor. Just so that you know, I have an appointment with my oncologist this Thursday, June 14. You know I will be dropping a prayer for me as well.

Hugs.
    Ines
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

Yeah, I can relate.
    I hear you. These visits can be nerve racking to say the least. I will say a prayer that God grant you peace of mind and heart as you get ready to meet with your doctor. Just so that you know, I have an appointment with my oncologist this Thursday, June 14. You know I will be dropping a prayer for me as well.

Hugs.
    Ines

I am right there with everyone --- Prayers for your upcoming
    visit.

Check ups really disrupts my life after breast cancer. The anticipation of going, then there is the waiting for results. Yikes, it does not seem to get any
    easier. It just part of my life.

Prayers for good and happy results.

Strength, Courage and Hope.

Vicki Sam
  • salls41
    salls41 Member Posts: 340
    SIROD said:

Follow Up Visits
    It will be 18 years for me this summer since my diagnose with breast cancer. I will share this, I was always the first one to know when things were not right. Even from the first mammogram on... I would say, whenever I believe there was a problem, there was one. Over the years, I rarely was wrong. Though there were times, I wish I had been wrong. We become so in tune with our bodies, when something is amiss, were the first to sense it.

If you feel that all is well, it probably is. Thinks of follow up appointments in the same manner you feel about a follow up visits to your dentist.

Over 70% of women never have another episode with breast cancer again, that is something to keep in mind.

I do wish you a great, uneventful visit with your doctor.

Best,

Doris

Thanks for that stat
    Over 70% of women never have another episode with breast cancer again, that is something to keep in mind. Thank you so much for sharing this stst Doris... I wondered what it was.
    Sandy
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991

Sending positive thoughts
    I usually take Ativan on the night before my visits. It works for me. You can start taking it in advance too
    Good luck

Prayers coming your way!

Prayers coming your way!
  • carrie61
    carrie61 Member Posts: 23
    You're Not Alone
    I know what you mean. I feel like my life comes to a screeching halt every 3 months. I get a CBC and a tumor marker test. CBC results are immediate, the tumor marker takes days.
    Tick tock, tick tock. Mine was slightly elevated the 2nd test I took, then came way down a month later. Still...it makes me feel like I will always be under the microscope forever.
  • tjohnson2310
    tjohnson2310 Member Posts: 168 Member
    Thanks..
    Thanks for all the advice and encouraging words.God Bless.
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Did you book the pink bus
    Did you book the pink bus for us to ride along?

Denise
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member

Thanks..
    Thanks for all the advice and encouraging words.God Bless.

I am sending you loads of
    I am sending you loads of prayers and big hugs!
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991

Did you book the pink bus
    Did you book the pink bus for us to ride along?

Denise

Praying that you will get
    Praying that you will get good news with your follow up visit. Post when you have your results.

Hugs, Angie
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Angie2U said:

Praying that you will get
    Praying that you will get good news with your follow up visit. Post when you have your results.

Hugs, Angie

Hate those fears for follow
    Hate those fears for follow up appointments. Just feel better knowing that we are all there with you in spirit.

Good luck and praying for you,

Jan
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member

Hate those fears for follow
    Hate those fears for follow up appointments. Just feel better knowing that we are all there with you in spirit.

Good luck and praying for you,

Jan

I am sending you strength
    I am sending you strength and lots of support. When are your tests scheduled?