Smoothies that are good for us

Options
Sam999
Sam999 Member Posts: 319 Member
Megan had posted that she is having bolthouse farm smoothies and she is feeling better. So when i went to whole foods i picked up some and they are gooood! I can still taste coffee so really like their coffee smoothie for morning. It has about 30 grams of protein in each bottle so i have half bottle 3 hours apart. I also picked up almond vanilla smoothie by odwalla and that is pretty good too.

If everyone can input which smoothie from which store they like, it might help us to try new stuff.

Btw, now my throat is hurting and have one sore on my tongue so use magic mouth wash to have smoothies

Thanks,
Sam

Comments

• phrannie51
    phrannie51 Member Posts: 4,716
    Options
    I'm a failure at this....
    since I haven't been able to handle a smoothie in a while (too thick)...tho I'm writing them down, and hoping I can find them at the health food store to try. Do you mix these with milk, or do they come whole, Sam?
  • Tonsil Dad
    Tonsil Dad Member Posts: 488
    Options

since I haven't been able to handle a smoothie in a while (too thick)...tho I'm writing them down, and hoping I can find them at the health food store to try. Do you mix these with milk, or do they come whole, Sam?

My Fave..
    My favorate is the Green Godess from Bolthouse or the Supergreen from Odwella.
    These are ready to drink drinks but sometimes I mess around and add a few things
    on my own to them but you don't have to cause they taste good the way they are.
    For a change from the greens the C-Boost is good. Both companys have a good varaity
    to choose from, just be careful of the sugars.

God bless
    Tonsil dad,

Dan.
  • meaganb
    meaganb Member Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I just typed out a long
    I just typed out a long reply and somehow it got lost. Bottom line is that if you feed your body well it will reward you. Bolthouse is real food, Boost and Carnation VHC is basically just high fructose corn syrup (yuck). Definitely not judging anyone that uses it, you do what you have to do, but I felt like crud when I was drinking that stuff. I feel better eating the Bolthouse. And I promise I'm not getting paid to advertise for them.

Phrannie: they come ready to drink and you should be able to find them in any grocery store not just the health food store. I'm in SC ( insert joke about backwoods southern) and we have them in all of our grocery stores not just the organic ones:)

Sam: my favorite flavor right now is the Mocha Cappacino, but I like the Vanilla Chai too. I can actually taste the chai flavor. I have tried just about all of them though and they are all equally delicious and nutritious ( pretty sure that's a cereal jingle or something)

Happy eating friends!
  • Sam999
    Sam999 Member Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    meaganb said:

I just typed out a long
    I just typed out a long reply and somehow it got lost. Bottom line is that if you feed your body well it will reward you. Bolthouse is real food, Boost and Carnation VHC is basically just high fructose corn syrup (yuck). Definitely not judging anyone that uses it, you do what you have to do, but I felt like crud when I was drinking that stuff. I feel better eating the Bolthouse. And I promise I'm not getting paid to advertise for them.

Phrannie: they come ready to drink and you should be able to find them in any grocery store not just the health food store. I'm in SC ( insert joke about backwoods southern) and we have them in all of our grocery stores not just the organic ones:)

Sam: my favorite flavor right now is the Mocha Cappacino, but I like the Vanilla Chai too. I can actually taste the chai flavor. I have tried just about all of them though and they are all equally delicious and nutritious ( pretty sure that's a cereal jingle or something)

Happy eating friends!

Pharannie, as Meagan said
    Pharannie, as Meagan said they are not too thick at all. They are a bit thicker than milk. I just had a friend check into local agrocery store here in nj (shoprite) and they carry this. Try one of of the coffee ones if you like coffee. Also make sure you look for protein plus, it has 30 grams in one 15 oz bottle.

Meagan, i will have to try your flaovor. Mine is arabica coffee.

Dan, i like the green ones but that has anti oxidents so not allowed during treatment? And yes agree on the sugar part. We have to be careful about that.

Sam
  • Tonsil Dad
    Tonsil Dad Member Posts: 488
    Options
    Sam999 said:

Pharannie, as Meagan said
    Pharannie, as Meagan said they are not too thick at all. They are a bit thicker than milk. I just had a friend check into local agrocery store here in nj (shoprite) and they carry this. Try one of of the coffee ones if you like coffee. Also make sure you look for protein plus, it has 30 grams in one 15 oz bottle.

Meagan, i will have to try your flaovor. Mine is arabica coffee.

Dan, i like the green ones but that has anti oxidents so not allowed during treatment? And yes agree on the sugar part. We have to be careful about that.

Sam

Anti-oxidents
    As I've mentioned in many previous posts, my onc let me take my multi vitamin
    during treatment just not high doses of anti-oxidents as she said it "can" interfere
    with treatment. I've read differently but wouldn't go against her, but I could take my
    other alternative products during treatment she had no problem with that.

God bless
    Tonsil dad,

Dan.
  • Crazymom
    Crazymom Member Posts: 339 Member
    Options

smoothies
    Bolthouse smoothies are not thick. They are much smoother than most. I have been drinking them and get them from the grocer. I love the chocalate with coffee. They are very healthy!

Ann
  • phrannie51
    phrannie51 Member Posts: 4,716
    Options
    Then I'm going to test it out...
    I've never heard about these until today...and personally, I'd rather real food than what I'm drinking now (since that's all I'm even eating these days). If Back-woods, SC has them, then why not Po Dunk, MT??

I'm excited to try something new that offers more than calories...

Thanks everyone :)!!

p
  • CivilMatt
    CivilMatt Member Posts: 4,722 Member
    Options
    Sam,
    Get a bottle of the

Sam,

Get a bottle of the Lidocaine gel; it works wonders for mouth sores. In conjunction with MM, I survived the sore mouth and throat.

I will take you up on trying some new smoothies.

Best of luck,

Matt