Liver Surgery Update

Vickilg
Vickilg Member Posts: 281 Member
Hi everyone! Thank you for the encouragings words before the surgery. My apologies for any typos. Well the had to cut me open. They tool entire left lobe and a small portion of the right to get clear margins. They also out my gall bladder. My billirubin went bight and they thought they may go back but thank God it was just a reaction to the blood transfusion and all balanced out. I'm finding the pain limited until I move so trying not to move too much. I will check back in tomorrow but judged to thank you for love prayers and support. Have a great night.

Vicki

Comments

• idlehunters
    idlehunters Member Posts: 1,787 Member
    Hey Vicki
    Been waiting to hear from you. So glad all went well. Get rest girl! You have been thru a lot. Take care
    Jennie
  • smokeyjoe
    smokeyjoe Member Posts: 1,425 Member

Hey Vicki
    Been waiting to hear from you. So glad all went well. Get rest girl! You have been thru a lot. Take care
    Jennie

So good to hear from you,
    So good to hear from you, glad all went well..now rest and take care of yourself...on to healing :)
  • Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Dear Vicki
    Glad that all is ok from the surgery and hope that you recover swiftly and with ease.

Don't hesitate to let your medical team know about the pain. A bit of help in the beginning will go a long way in speeding your recovery.

Hugs,

Marie who loves kitties
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Vicki
    Glad to hear from you and that your surgery went well. Here's hoping for an easy recovery for you.
    Winter Marie
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member

Vicki
    Glad to hear from you and that your surgery went well. Here's hoping for an easy recovery for you.
    Winter Marie

Glad to hear that Vicki!
    Now rest ,and hope to see you recovered very soon!
    Hugs!
  • Phil64
    Phil64 Member Posts: 838 Member
    It's wonderful to hear from
    It's wonderful to hear from you Vicki! I hope you will have a speedy recovery! God Bless You!
  • jjaj133
    jjaj133 Member Posts: 867 Member
    Glad it is over & You are on
    Glad it is over & You are on your way to recovery. I hope it is all smooth sailing and don't be afraid to ask for pain meds!!
    Hugs & prayers,
    Judy
  • janderson1964
    janderson1964 Member Posts: 2,215 Member
    That is great news. I hear
    That is great news. I hear what you are saying a out the pain. Try to suck it up and walk as much as possible. That is the key to a speedy recovery.
  • barbebarb
    barbebarb Member Posts: 464

That is great news. I hear
    That is great news. I hear what you are saying a out the pain. Try to suck it up and walk as much as possible. That is the key to a speedy recovery.

Pain and recovery - e/day will get better
    So glad you are up and on the road to recovery!

Walking is the key even w/some discomfort.
    Stay on top of those meds - walk and rest as you can.

Barb
  • fatbob2010
    fatbob2010 Member Posts: 467 Member
    Early August
    Following your progress with selfish interest. Doing last two rounds of Folfox and then similar surgery. Very happy to hear that you are healing. Not overjoyed at the thought of major surgery. Since there are no alternatives just going to have to power through it. Hugs and hopefulness to you.