Celebration of Life/Survivor's Day

Bella Luna
Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
Greetings Pink Sisters & Fellow Brothers:

I wanted to share with you this morning. Olga(New Flower) and I went to Torrance Memorial Medical Center's annual Celebration of Life dinner this past Wednesday, June 6th. It was an evening filled with INSPIRATION, KINSHIP, and genuine THANKS for just being. We were 9 women at our table. Each and everyone of us Survivors! There was one woman who shared she was a 5 time Survivor! We told her she is a miracle! I knew 5 of the women who sat at our table from the cancer support group I belonged to two years ago. I met Olga, of course, through CSN. It was a real treat to see these fellow Pink Women again and to be in a room filled with other Survivors, family, and friends who made this wonderful event.

There were 3 Survivors who shared their stories and Mary Marcdante, author/ motivational speaker, who encouraged us to smile more and essentially to " be in the moment."

Survivors certainly have a strong bond that is special and unique. I think we inspire one another and give each other support, hope, and love. Cancer sucks big time, but the people that come into our lives are a huge blessing and the things we learn about ourselves is priceless. I can go on and on, but I wanted to share what a blessing it was to go.

Take care, God bless.

Comments

• Frankie Shannon
    Frankie Shannon Member Posts: 457
    Glad you had a great
    Glad you had a great time,what a privilege to meet a 5 time survivor.It's amazing what we can do with strength courage and hope.
    Hugs Frankie
  • Bella Luna

Glad you had a great
    Glad you had a great time,what a privilege to meet a 5 time survivor.It's amazing what we can do with strength courage and hope.
    Hugs Frankie

A Good Time
    Yes it was amazing to meet this woman. We were in awe of her. The event was truly uplifting and so meaningful to Survivors.

While at the event I ran into an older man who looked familiar. I went up to him and asked if he had spoken at the event before. He was flattered and admitted that, yes, he had spoke two years ago. I told him, " I remember you. See you next year!"
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294

A Good Time
    Yes it was amazing to meet this woman. We were in awe of her. The event was truly uplifting and so meaningful to Survivors.

While at the event I ran into an older man who looked familiar. I went up to him and asked if he had spoken at the event before. He was flattered and admitted that, yes, he had spoke two years ago. I told him, " I remember you. See you next year!"

Meeting other survivors

Ines,
    Thank you very much for signing me in and making reservations. I learn a lot from other survivors and about myself. Yes, that woman , 5 time survivor is very remarkable, I wish we have spent more time me her. I also learnt about myself that I am still grieving, holding back my emotions and need to let it go.
    Invited speaker, Mary Marcdante, Author of My Mother, My Friend and Living with Enthusiasm contributing author to five best-selling Chicken Soup for the Soul and 16-year cancer survivor, talked about stress management and communication. She shared her four life-changing strategies that lead to a remarkable result in business, family relationships, and personal performance.
    I took notes and here they are:
    Smile diet
    Three good things a day - make a note and thank yourself and people around you for it

Breathing and relaxation , focus on your breath
    Act on your dream
    Nurture your support system- Factor of five (Five people you can call at 3 AM)
    Appreciate yourself!!!!
    We teach people how to treat us
    Value your strengths

Your personal shield

Healing statement -Five sentences (what make you happy)
    Choose to laugh more
  • Bella Luna

Meeting other survivors

Ines,
    Thank you very much for signing me in and making reservations. I learn a lot from other survivors and about myself. Yes, that woman , 5 time survivor is very remarkable, I wish we have spent more time me her. I also learnt about myself that I am still grieving, holding back my emotions and need to let it go.
    Invited speaker, Mary Marcdante, Author of My Mother, My Friend and Living with Enthusiasm contributing author to five best-selling Chicken Soup for the Soul and 16-year cancer survivor, talked about stress management and communication. She shared her four life-changing strategies that lead to a remarkable result in business, family relationships, and personal performance.
    I took notes and here they are:
    Smile diet
    Three good things a day - make a note and thank yourself and people around you for it

Breathing and relaxation , focus on your breath
    Act on your dream
    Nurture your support system- Factor of five (Five people you can call at 3 AM)
    Appreciate yourself!!!!
    We teach people how to treat us
    Value your strengths

Your personal shield

Healing statement -Five sentences (what make you happy)
    Choose to laugh more

Pearls
    Boy... so glad you came Olga. You came away with some real pearls of wisdom. Thanks for the share.