Eye Lashes

dmj101
dmj101 Member Posts: 527 Member
Hi, I want to be prepared...
Is this Eyelash thing really that crazy..

Who do you go to to have eyelashes trimmed?
may seem like silly question. but I would never want to do that myself.

Comments

• barbebarb
    barbebarb Member Posts: 464
    eyelashes?
    Is this from chemo?
    I have never heard of this at least medically.
    As if there isn't enough to be concerned with physically.....
    I will be awaiting the responses on this, too.
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Funny you bring this up
    I just trimmed mine over the weekend. Being on Erbitux makes my eyelashes grow, and grow, and grow.
    Sometimes they get too wild and start to turn in on my eye. It's certainly a problem at times. That and they also fall out and into my eyes at times. I just grab scissors and trim them. Other times I've used tweezers to grab a stray one and yank it out.
    I wear contacts sometimes so being by my eye is not a big deal.

-Phil
  • joemetz
    joemetz Member Posts: 493
    eye lashes.
    i have not trimmed my eye lashes yet, but have so wanted to.

the other day, i found myself grabbing the eye lash curling thing from my wife...

it worked as it stopped the eye lashes from going into my eye.

Erbitux causes the growth of those eye lashes.... crazy.
  • Doc_Hawk
    Doc_Hawk Member Posts: 685
    The eyelash comb over
    When mine get too long I use the mustache trimmer on an electric razor to trim them down. It's a lot easier and dangerous then trying to use a pair of scissors.
  • idlehunters
    idlehunters Member Posts: 1,787 Member
    Doc_Hawk said:

The eyelash comb over
    When mine get too long I use the mustache trimmer on an electric razor to trim them down. It's a lot easier and dangerous then trying to use a pair of scissors.

Hellllo!!!
    I always get my brows done at the nail shop so just 2 weeks ago he started clipping my lashes too. He does a great job. i had myself looking all chopped up cause i just could not get things even...MUCH BETTER!

Jennie
  • dmj101

Hellllo!!!
    I always get my brows done at the nail shop so just 2 weeks ago he started clipping my lashes too. He does a great job. i had myself looking all chopped up cause i just could not get things even...MUCH BETTER!

Jennie

thanks
    I think I know just the place now to get this done when the time comes..
    That is exactly my concern.. I would turn into Edward Scissor hands trying to do it on myself..
  • Phil64
    Phil64 Member Posts: 838 Member
    dmj101 said:

thanks
    I think I know just the place now to get this done when the time comes..
    That is exactly my concern.. I would turn into Edward Scissor hands trying to do it on myself..

I dreamt I was trimming my
    I dreamt I was trim ming my eyebrows and accidently cut my left eyebrow completely off. lol

I have never trimmed my eyelashes yet... And the barber usually trims my brows. :-)
  • dmj101
    Phil64 said:

I dreamt I was trimming my
    I dreamt I was trim ming my eyebrows and accidently cut my left eyebrow completely off. lol

I have never trimmed my eyelashes yet... And the barber usually trims my brows. :-)

this might be a girly thing
    I justed to pluck my brows when I was younger.
    When I was in college, I made freinds with an Indian family and they had a wedding they wanted me to be part of so I went along with all the rituals and one was brow threading which was like plucking but strangly different.. woww.. they say it isn't painful but I wanted to cry.. I never did it again.. I pluck from time to time.. when I had gastric bypass I notice they thinned out along with my hair so I never paid attention to them till i had the thyriodectomy when I lost my eyelashs.. I said I would never touch them again. and thought they would balance off the missing lashes.. ..
    I just want to be prepared. I am alittle anal that way.. but really can't be since I don't have one any longer.. Hahaha.. Do forget to tip your waiters.. I be here all season.
    bye.