Surgery on Monday, June 4th

2»

Comments

• smokeyjoe
    smokeyjoe Member Posts: 1,425 Member

thinking
    of you today.hope all goes well and please let us know how you are doing....Godbless...johnnybegood

Just wanted to wish you all
    Just wanted to wish you all the best for today, check in and let us know how you are when you're feeling up to it.
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member
    goodluck vickilg
    i hope it goes well.
    try and not expect the pain, from what i have studied you may actually increease it by basically using the negative side of neuroplasticity. just google it if you have time.

if need an op in future, i will pretend like hell their is no pain, and expect none and anything at all will be easily managed by some meditation. in the 60s before our arsenole of pain relief drugs meditation was a key pain relief technique. as a community we have lost touch with this essential healing technique.

i have tried it on my kids and myself and the pain relief works.

i taught my kids zen meditations in 10 seconds. they just close their eyes and count each out breathe from 1 to 10. here is the tricky part when you get to 10 go back to 1 and start again. the kids put out their 10 fingers, so they have to do a 100 breathes. i pull the car over taking them to and from school at random places and say lets meditate. we also add in a little prayer as well.

you will be fine, everyday is a good day i hope for you. lets us know how you get on. try and get some good nutrtion in hospital. now thats a challenge.

hugs,
    pete

ps ask them if they have anything organic on the menu
  • Brenda Bricco
    Brenda Bricco Member Posts: 579 Member
    Today is the day and
    Today is the day and tomorrow the surgery will be behind you. Thinking and praying for you...
    Brenda
  • Helen321
    Helen321 Member Posts: 1,459 Member
    Said a little prayer for you
    Said a little prayer for you while sitting in my garden today. Hope it went well=) Thankfully by the time you read this, you will be on the road to recovery!
  • Sonia32
    Sonia32 Member Posts: 1,071 Member
    Hugs
    Hope it all went well, sending you prayers, good vibes etc.
  • janderson1964
    janderson1964 Member Posts: 2,215 Member

goodluck vickilg
    i hope it goes well.
    try and not expect the pain, from what i have studied you may actually increease it by basically using the negative side of neuroplasticity. just google it if you have time.

if need an op in future, i will pretend like hell their is no pain, and expect none and anything at all will be easily managed by some meditation. in the 60s before our arsenole of pain relief drugs meditation was a key pain relief technique. as a community we have lost touch with this essential healing technique.

i have tried it on my kids and myself and the pain relief works.

i taught my kids zen meditations in 10 seconds. they just close their eyes and count each out breathe from 1 to 10. here is the tricky part when you get to 10 go back to 1 and start again. the kids put out their 10 fingers, so they have to do a 100 breathes. i pull the car over taking them to and from school at random places and say lets meditate. we also add in a little prayer as well.

you will be fine, everyday is a good day i hope for you. lets us know how you get on. try and get some good nutrtion in hospital. now thats a challenge.

hugs,
    pete

ps ask them if they have anything organic on the menu

Judging by your comments you
    Judging by your comments you have not had a liver resection. I dont know what tbe hospitals are like over there but the hospitals i have stayed in here serve some of the most aweful unhealthy food there is.
  • danker
    danker Member Posts: 1,276 Member
    Vicki
    I never thought of it that way. but having a colon ressection with ileostomyand then take down 7 weeks later was two surgeries. Despite various complications I became and remain NED for the last 2 years. You too can do it if I can. I just turned 80 this past Sunday. Best of luck to you!
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Surgery
    Hoping that all is well with you. Please give us an update if possible. Thinking of you.

Kim
  • barbebarb
    barbebarb Member Posts: 464

Surgery
    Hoping that all is well with you. Please give us an update if possible. Thinking of you.

Kim

Thinking of you
    Hope you are feeling stronger each day.
    Hope we hear from you soon.
    Barb
  • Phil64
    Phil64 Member Posts: 838 Member

Surgery

Kim

Thinking of you
    I too am thinking of you this morning and hoping you are recovering quickly and strongly.

Love, Light, and Blessings to you!

Philip
  • janderson1964
    janderson1964 Member Posts: 2,215 Member
    Phil64 said:

Thinking of you
    I too am thinking of you this morning and hoping you are recovering quickly and strongly.

Love, Light, and Blessings to you!

Philip

Hope you are recovering well
    Hope you are recovering well and out of the hospital soon.