Not so good...

Semira
Semira Member Posts: 381 Member
.. in Normandy...

As you know we went to Normandy in North France for a week of post-chemo-holiday yesterday. T finished his 6 Months of Oxi and Xeloda last Thursday and his bloodwork looked good so we went to France. We arrived good an early, the house is really really nice and everything could be so fine...

If... yes if Thorsten wouldn't be ill. He was very tired and exhausted after the 6 h drive yesterday but in the evening everything looked fine. But during the night he got some fever. Don't know how much because I didn't mind taking a thermometer with us. But whenever I touched him, he felt really hot. The fever came and went in waves and in the morning he was tired but felt better. We spent a really quiet day without much activity hoping he would fully recover but now, in the evening, I don't think that worked. He looks really tired and his eyes look "weak". I expect the fevers ti return and I fear the night :-(

So far he is getting angry when I mention the words doctor or hospital but if it's not better in the morning we should really go there. Or drive home... which would be at least 6h drive...

*sigh* Just had to tell this someone becaus I'm sitting here with all this stuff in my head and start panicking inside...

Petra

Comments

• Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Dear Petra
    Is there a store nearby where you can get a thermometer?

The fever can be a symptom of many things and should not be ignored, especially when he is in a weakened state due to chemo.

I can understand his wish to stay away from docs and hospitals, but that may not be a wise choice.

Hope that he is much better soonest.

Hugs,

Marie who loves kitties
  • smokeyjoe
    smokeyjoe Member Posts: 1,425 Member

Dear Petra
    Is there a store nearby where you can get a thermometer?

The fever can be a symptom of many things and should not be ignored, especially when he is in a weakened state due to chemo.

I can understand his wish to stay away from docs and hospitals, but that may not be a wise choice.

Hope that he is much better soonest.

Hugs,

Marie who loves kitties

I don't have any advice...I
    I don't have any advice...I just hope things work out well for the two of you. Hope he is feeling much better soon.
  • annalexandria
    annalexandria Member Posts: 2,571 Member
    As Marie suggets,
    getting this checked out might be the best course of action. Fever can signify infection, which can be very dangerous if left untreated. A quick doctor's trip and some antibiotics might have him feeling better in just a couple of days. Hoping for the best for you both-Ann
  • Semira
    Bladder infected...
    ... thats causing the problem.
    Now he`s got antibiotics and something against the fever and should do better soon. Let`s hope the best. Greetings from cold (15°C) Northfrance
    Petra
  • Phil64
    Phil64 Member Posts: 838 Member
    Semira said:

Bladder infected...
    ... thats causing the problem.
    Now he`s got antibiotics and something against the fever and should do better soon. Let`s hope the best. Greetings from cold (15°C) Northfrance
    Petra

Glad to hear that he got it
    Glad to hear that he got it checked out. Positive energy to you both and hope you will enjoy the holiday in spite of the infection. God Bless!
  • Semira
    Phil64 said:

Glad to hear that he got it
    Glad to hear that he got it checked out. Positive energy to you both and hope you will enjoy the holiday in spite of the infection. God Bless!

back again...
    ... and so far so good.

We got his boodwork on Wednesday and as the doc said "it's not good but not catastrophic" and his oncologist confirmed, that the bad liver-counts are "normal" after 6 mths of chemo. What they call normal... But the antibiotics did their job and the fever was gone.

So, we stayed in france and had - despite of the really ugly weather - some nice days. Now we are back home and I've got to go to work again tomorrow *sigh*. T will see his oncologist and next week the checkup for the ileo-takedown will start. Wait and see again...

Greetings to all of you and sorry I didn't response to all the threads I normally would have to. But checking in with the smartphone during vacation was hard :-)

Hugs to all!
    Petra
  • danker
    danker Member Posts: 1,276 Member
    Semira said:

back again...
    ... and so far so good.

We got his boodwork on Wednesday and as the doc said "it's not good but not catastrophic" and his oncologist confirmed, that the bad liver-counts are "normal" after 6 mths of chemo. What they call normal... But the antibiotics did their job and the fever was gone.

So, we stayed in france and had - despite of the really ugly weather - some nice days. Now we are back home and I've got to go to work again tomorrow *sigh*. T will see his oncologist and next week the checkup for the ileo-takedown will start. Wait and see again...

Greetings to all of you and sorry I didn't response to all the threads I normally would have to. But checking in with the smartphone during vacation was hard :-)

Hugs to all!
    Petra

Petra
    Hope ileo-takedown goes well. Get LOMOTIL if diarrhea becomes a problem.My takedown was 2 tys ago. NED ever since. Good luck to you both!