Afraid of reaccurance

anniem123
anniem123 Member Posts: 19
I am a 2 year survivor of Stage 2B Breast Cancer. I am 46 years old and scared to death of a reaccurance. Within the last week I see and feel bumps and dimples around both of my nipples. They resemble the orange peel. I am soo afraid. I haven't contacted my dr yet. I don't have insurance anymore and honestly I'm afraid to find out. Has anyone else felt this way?

Comments

• Stacy7676
    Stacy7676 Member Posts: 17
    I was diagnosed in 2004 with
    I was diagnosed in 2004 with breast cancer and 2 months ago I was in your same position. I found a lump. Had a mammogram, ultrasound and biopsy. Turned out to be cancer again. I had a mastectomy and found that it wasn't in the lymph nodes. The doctor said I was lucky I found it when I did because it is aggressive and could have been in the lymph nodes had I waited. I have insurance but it is really crappy and doesn't cover anything. Maybe your doctors can work out something for you.
  • salls41
    salls41 Member Posts: 340
    Please dont wait
    Please don't let no insurance keep you from finding out for sure! Contact your local Cancer Society for help! Do not put this off any longer.
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Don't Wait
    Sorry you are going through this, but don't wait. Get it checked out. There are places you can go that can help with your situation. My best to you.
  • loreincr11
    loreincr11 Member Posts: 3
    Hope
    Dont let insurance stop you from not being check. Theirs alot of cancer organizations that pay you have to do some research
  • loreincr11
    loreincr11 Member Posts: 3
    Hope
    cancer care.com may be able to help you. 1866-552-6729
  • anniem123
    anniem123 Member Posts: 19
    Thank you all for your
    Thank you all for your replies. I am more afraid of finding out that I have cancer again. I know there are organizations to help me financially. I just don't want to find out if I have cancer again.
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    anniem123 said:

Thank you all for your
    Thank you all for your replies. I am more afraid of finding out that I have cancer again. I know there are organizations to help me financially. I just don't want to find out if I have cancer again.

Sadly, no one wants to hear those words once
    yet again twice. But, getting it checked out right away could save your life. Please make an appointment asap. Whatever it is (and it could be nothing) you will deal with it. Right now, not knowing, you're stuck in limbo with just a ton of worries on your shoulders and, of course, assuming the worst.

Please keep in touch.

Hugs, Renee
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    salls41 said:

Please dont wait
    Please don't let no insurance keep you from finding out for sure! Contact your local Cancer Society for help! Do not put this off any longer.

That fear is in all of us
    That fear is in all of us unfortunately. But, please see your doctor as soon as possible.

Hugs, Lex
  • debi.18
    debi.18 Member Posts: 850 Member
    missrenee said:

Sadly, no one wants to hear those words once
    yet again twice. But, getting it checked out right away could save your life. Please make an appointment asap. Whatever it is (and it could be nothing) you will deal with it. Right now, not knowing, you're stuck in limbo with just a ton of worries on your shoulders and, of course, assuming the worst.

Please keep in touch.

Hugs, Renee

I agree
    I agree with the other ladies, please get it checked out - the sooner the better. If it does turn out to be something, there are several orginizations that will help financially. Praying
    that it turns out to be nothing.

Hugs, Debi
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    Please don't wait!
    I know a going through it all again is not on your list of things to do but if it saves your life it is worth it. You may find out that it is not what you think. I am hoping for the best for you.

Hugs,
    Georgia
  • epark
    epark Member Posts: 339
    ladyg said:

Please don't wait!
    I know a going through it all again is not on your list of things to do but if it saves your life it is worth it. You may find out that it is not what you think. I am hoping for the best for you.

Hugs,
    Georgia

I think everyone who had
    I think everyone who had cancer is scare of getting it again but all you can do is pray and live for the moment...get check and please keep us posted

Take are and god bless
    Eva
  • MsGebby
    MsGebby Member Posts: 659
    Sending
    you positive thoughts and praying you get to the doctor ASAP. We all have those moments when fear creeps back into our minds. The best way to conquer that fear is to face it head on. Please promise us that you will call the doctor as soon as possible.

Gentle hugs for you

*Mary*

"You Wanna Stay Alive, Better Do What You Can
    So Beat It, Just Beat It"
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    MsGebby said:

Sending
    you positive thoughts and praying you get to the doctor ASAP. We all have those moments when fear creeps back into our minds. The best way to conquer that fear is to face it head on. Please promise us that you will call the doctor as soon as possible.

Gentle hugs for you

*Mary*

"You Wanna Stay Alive, Better Do What You Can
    So Beat It, Just Beat It"

... just some information
    ** call local hospitals to see/verify if they are receiving 'Komen' dollars -- ** if so,
    you may qualify for services, scans and surgery. Recently, our Sister in PINK - Evenstar
    was blessed to be approved for a mastectomy at minimun cost --. Without insurance .. this same surgery would of cost her and her husband $28K -- out of pocket.

Call American Cancer Society, Susan G. Komen, Breast Cancer.org corporate offices to check on institutes or hospitals in your area that support 'breast cancer' patients.

Also, Deanna Favre -- wife of NFL Brett Favre has affiliations with several hospitals
    and provides help for women without insurance fighting breast cancer.

----- Several government and private organizations help people without medical insurance to pay for treatment:
    Begin by contacting the National Cancer Institutes Cancer Information Service at 1-800-4-CANCER (1-800-422-6237). They have information about how to get free mammograms, Pap smears, and treatment.
    Call your local Social Services Department. You may be eligible for Medicaid or other programs for low-income women.
    Call your local Public Health Department to find out about local health care programs.
    Many hospitals run free clinics where they provide medical care at no or low cost.

Hoping someone can help you, or refer you to a source or organization that will help.

Best wishes ... and please call, call call as soon as possible.

Vicki Sam
  • EveningStar2
    EveningStar2 Member Posts: 491 Member
    VickiSam said:

... just some information
    ** call local hospitals to see/verify if they are receiving 'Komen' dollars -- ** if so,
    you may qualify for services, scans and surgery. Recently, our Sister in PINK - Evenstar
    was blessed to be approved for a mastectomy at minimun cost --. Without insurance .. this same surgery would of cost her and her husband $28K -- out of pocket.

Call American Cancer Society, Susan G. Komen, Breast Cancer.org corporate offices to check on institutes or hospitals in your area that support 'breast cancer' patients.

Also, Deanna Favre -- wife of NFL Brett Favre has affiliations with several hospitals
    and provides help for women without insurance fighting breast cancer.

----- Several government and private organizations help people without medical insurance to pay for treatment:
    Begin by contacting the National Cancer Institutes Cancer Information Service at 1-800-4-CANCER (1-800-422-6237). They have information about how to get free mammograms, Pap smears, and treatment.
    Call your local Social Services Department. You may be eligible for Medicaid or other programs for low-income women.
    Call your local Public Health Department to find out about local health care programs.
    Many hospitals run free clinics where they provide medical care at no or low cost.

Hoping someone can help you, or refer you to a source or organization that will help.

Best wishes ... and please call, call call as soon as possible.

Vicki Sam

What she said
    This is a reoccurrance for me. I've had my freak out--really--and now am ready to say goodbye to the tatas and be done with this. At this stage, the plan is mastectomy and done. Of course we may get a different plan after the sentinel node biopsy but it beat being dead.

I got plans!! ;-p

Maureen
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    so so sorry no medical
    so so sorry no medical coverage....my daughter and grandson were without for many years...scary thing...I hope you can work it out to go to Dr asap...sending good thoughts your way..

Denise
  • mom62
    mom62 Member Posts: 604 Member
    Go to Doctor
    Hi,

What you described is just what I had back in 2003 when I was first diagnosed. They thought it might be IBC but it wasn't. I was lucky. I too put off going to doctor and ended up being stage III. There are places that you can contact regarding help if you have no insurance. Look on the internet for something in your area. Usually your oncologist will have a services number. I wish you well and hope it's nothing.

Terry
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    epark said:

I think everyone who had
    I think everyone who had cancer is scare of getting it again but all you can do is pray and live for the moment...get check and please keep us posted

Take are and god bless
    Eva

Eva is right in the fact
    Eva is right in the fact that we all think of a recurrence and we all fear it. I wish we didn't...

I hope that you've seen your doctor by now and post an update for us.

Hugs and lots of prayers,

Lex