Relay for life

sdukowitz
sdukowitz Member Posts: 250
First time ever walking in the Survivor Lap but such a great experience to see everyone in our Alaska community area out there with such positive spirits ... we had different live music groups every hour .... it never got dark enough to see the luminaries as we have so much daylight now ... I thought of all of you on this site as I walked both days and realized how we are all supporting each other no matter what everyone's unique situation is and we where we all live! Thanks for all of your support and even the venting! Sue D

Comments

• ksf56
    ksf56 Member Posts: 202
    Me too!
    Friday night was my first time at the survivor lap! It was quite an experience! There were SO many wonderful groups of supporters around the track cheering us on - I truly felt like a winner! It was great to walk with my husband, my caregiver, by my side to feel he's a survivor too! Our community of Cedar Rapids, Iowa, has many great people involved in the ACS and many people who have/had cancer. It's amazing!

Karen
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    ksf56 said:

Me too!
    Friday night was my first time at the survivor lap! It was quite an experience! There were SO many wonderful groups of supporters around the track cheering us on - I truly felt like a winner! It was great to walk with my husband, my caregiver, by my side to feel he's a survivor too! Our community of Cedar Rapids, Iowa, has many great people involved in the ACS and many people who have/had cancer. It's amazing!

Karen

Sue .. Sounds like a wonderful time
    and venue. Simply Amazing to be surrounded so many WARRIORS, Survivors, family
    and friends.

Vicki Sam
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    ksf56 said:

Me too!

Karen

That sounds like an amazing
    That sounds like an amazing time Sue! Thanks for going for us!

Hugs, Leeza
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    SAt was the first time I
    SAt was the first time I walked in Relay for life....

Denise
  • peanutcat
    peanutcat Member Posts: 104

SAt was the first time I

Denise

Today is my relay. I'm a team captain and I'm looking forward to the survivors walk. Cancer free
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598

SAt was the first time I

Denise

What a perfect day! Thanks
    What a perfect day! Thanks Sue!
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000

SAt was the first time I

Denise

So much going on for the
    So much going on for the relay for life! I can just imagine how great it was. Thanks!
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    Megan M said:

So much going on for the
    So much going on for the relay for life! I can just imagine how great it was. Thanks!

Me too. Last year I walked
    Me too. Last year I walked the Survivors Lap but this year I'm team captain and we're staying in a tent on the track. It's quite a great event!
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member

Me too. Last year I walked
    Me too. Last year I walked the Survivors Lap but this year I'm team captain and we're staying in a tent on the track. It's quite a great event!

Thanks Sue for walking for
    Thanks Sue for walking for us and for posting about your amazing night.