Time does fly

Today, June 2,2012 marks 7 months since the De Vinci robot and my wonderful surgeon and his team, removed the cancerous mass from my epiglottis...I'm feeling great, some minor complaints, but all in all, wonderful.

It took 4 months for my taste buds to recover, limited on foods I can eat because of the epiglottis removal, but I can live on what I do eat.

Did not have to endure radiation or chemo, but now find my hair is coming out by the hand fulls, wondering why?

Best wishes to everyone on here, it does keep getting easier and better every day

Comments

• Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Hi Grandmax

Glad to hear you are doing so well after the surgery and did not have to go the Radiation and Chemo. As far as the hair my Wife is the same way at times, I go into the bath room and think from what I see she should not have a hair left, not sure why.

Take care
    Hondo
  • Tim6003
    Tim6003 Member Posts: 1,514 Member
    Hondo said:

Hi Grandmax

Glad to hear you are doing so well after the surgery and did not have to go the Radiation and Chemo. As far as the hair my Wife is the same way at times, I go into the bath room and think from what I see she should not have a hair left, not sure why.

Take care
    Hondo

Hi Grandma...
    Glad you are doing well..what a great attitude you have !!!

Can't say why on the hair ?

Best,

Tim
  • Pam M
    Pam M Member Posts: 2,196
    Glad You're Doing Well
    On the hair - how do you feel in general? Had your thyroid levels checked? Do you take a multivitamin? Nutrition deficiencies, stress, thyroid disorders and many other things can cause or contribute to hair loss. Must be frustrating.
  • Grandmax4
    Grandmax4 Member Posts: 723
    Pam M said:

Glad You're Doing Well
    On the hair - how do you feel in general? Had your thyroid levels checked? Do you take a multivitamin? Nutrition deficiencies, stress, thyroid disorders and many other things can cause or contribute to hair loss. Must be frustrating.

Thank you
    Hondo and Tim, your well wishes mean a lot to me...Pam, in general, I feel fairly good, the mucus remains a cross to bear and now the hair thing....my nutrition is not what it should be because of no epiglottis, I'm still on a soft food diet..I do try to make it healthy, v-8 juice and soup, boost, ensure, along with the other food I can manage..I am going to call Dr in the morning, I went in 2 weeks ago for swollen ankles and feet, she put me on a water pill, maybe it's not mixing well with my other meds...I will keep you informed, thanks for your questions, I do not take a vitamin, will ask about that too.

That's quite a cut under your ear, I was also cut from ear to ear, do you have any numbness?, my right ear is numb..I didn't have stitches or staples, my neck was glued back together, freaky huh...after I was home about 2 weeks, which made it 4 weeks from the surgery, the glue started peeling off, my scar is barely noticeable now.
  • Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Congrats
    on the recovery...

Not sure on the hairloss, unless it's trauma related, or maybe nutritionally related, have you spoken to any of your MD's concerning?

Hoping for you to make more and more recovery related to taste, feeling good, and all the rest in the near future.

Best,
    John
  • cglynch
    cglynch Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2017 #7
    Epiglottis Removal

I recently had my Epiglottis removed.   Wanted to check and see how you are doing?

• CivilMatt
    CivilMatt Member Posts: 4,724 Member
    edited February 2017 #8
    cglynch said:

Epiglottis Removal

I recently had my Epiglottis removed.   Wanted to check and see how you are doing?

welcome

cglynch,,

Welcome to the H&N forum, sorry that you are here.

If you are asking a question of Grandmax4, she may or may not see this post.  She was last online last Saturday, so she is around.

You may want to start a new thread and introduce yourself and ask any questions you have.

I wish you the best of luck.

Matt

• cglynch
    cglynch Member Posts: 4
    CivilMatt said:

welcome

cglynch,,

Welcome to the H&N forum, sorry that you are here.

If you are asking a question of Grandmax4, she may or may not see this post.  She was last online last Saturday, so she is around.

You may want to start a new thread and introduce yourself and ask any questions you have.

I wish you the best of luck.

Matt

Thanks for the welcome

CivilMatt,

Thanks for the suggestion about introducing myself.  I'm not sorry I'm here on the H& N forum, I'm just grateful it exists.  I'm trying to contact GrandmeX4 because I think we have a lot in common pertaining to our cancer.  I don't know how to get in contact with her or start a new thread?

Thanks,

Cheryl

• CivilMatt
    CivilMatt Member Posts: 4,724 Member
    edited February 2017 #10
    cglynch said:

Thanks for the welcome

CivilMatt,

Thanks for the suggestion about introducing myself.  I'm not sorry I'm here on the H& N forum, I'm just grateful it exists.  I'm trying to contact GrandmeX4 because I think we have a lot in common pertaining to our cancer.  I don't know how to get in contact with her or start a new thread?

Thanks,

Cheryl

PM

cglynch,

You can send her a Private Message simply by clicking her name.  When her home page comes up there will be a “send private message” note.  Just click and follow directions.

Matt