Hip effusion is back

Lighthouse_7
Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
Well, it never really went away, just less painful for a while. My rheumatologist did more blood work and Wednesday I will have some fluid drawn to be tested and a cortisone shot. Yuk and Yuk, but anything to relieve the pain.
I do quickly visit and read some posts but haven't been on for a while. Just been really busy or in pain and laying down. I hope everyone is doing well and I am always thinking of you.

Update on my brother. He had a few set backs and had to return to Boston for another stay at Tufts. He is very emotional now for a couple of reasons. One, he is sick of being in the hospital and two, he is remembering more and more about the accident. It's so hard for me to see him like this but I know it's all part of the grieving process. I wish I could take his pain away even though I know he needs to go through it. All is starting to get back to some normalcy in the family and that's a good thing.

All my best to everyone and big hugs,
Wanda

Comments

• Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Oh Wanda, so much already on
    Oh Wanda, so much already on your plate...all that pain just makes it more difficult to deal with the 'food' in front of you. I hope the treatment works and that you will be up and around without pain soon!

Hugs,

Linda
  • Lighthouse_7

Oh Wanda, so much already on your plate...all that pain just makes it more difficult to deal with the 'food' in front of you. I hope the treatment works and that you will be up and around without pain soon!

Hugs,

Linda

Thanks so much Linda. Good
    Thanks so much Linda. Good to hear from you. I hope all is well with you and your family as well.
    Hugs,
    Wanda
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member

Hugs,

Linda

I am so sorry Wanda that you
    I am so sorry Wanda that you are still in pain. I hope that you can get some relief. Your Brother is always in my prayers as well as you.

Hugs, Kylez
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Praying that your treatment
    Praying that your treatment will work. Thanks for updating us.

Hugs, Debby
  • Frankie Shannon
    Frankie Shannon Member Posts: 457
    So glad to hear from you
    So glad to hear from you sorry about the pain.I don't envy you and the cortisone shot after my bil mastectomy i had to have 3 shots in my right shoulder as i was in a lot of pain after surgery and shots worked but very painful.
    Hugs Frankie
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member

So glad to hear from you
    So glad to hear from you sorry about the pain.I don't envy you and the cortisone shot after my bil mastectomy i had to have 3 shots in my right shoulder as i was in a lot of pain after surgery and shots worked but very painful.
    Hugs Frankie

I am still praying for your
    I am still praying for your brother and am adding you now Wanda. Sorry that you didn't have better news to post.

Hugs, Noel
  • Lighthouse_7
    Noel said:

I am still praying for your
    I am still praying for your brother and am adding you now Wanda. Sorry that you didn't have better news to post.

Hugs, Noel

Thanks everyone who posted!
    I'm really doing okay and I just wanted to update everyone, especially since I haven't been on much lately. I had to postpone my shot till Wed. the 13th because my oldest daughter is being honored by Mass General Thursday night and I need to be able to walk. :) The doctor said it gets worse before it gets better so I can't risk feeling awful on Thursday.

I'm so proud of her, it's called The 100, and they honor 100 people who have done good things in the field of cancer, like volunteering etc. She was picked out of 800 entries that were submitted anonymously. The key note speaker is Matt Damon because his father's cancer was treated at MGH.

Thanks again my pink sisters!

Hugs,
    Wanda
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member

Thanks everyone who posted!
    I'm really doing okay and I just wanted to update everyone, especially since I haven't been on much lately. I had to postpone my shot till Wed. the 13th because my oldest daughter is being honored by Mass General Thursday night and I need to be able to walk. :) The doctor said it gets worse before it gets better so I can't risk feeling awful on Thursday.

I'm so proud of her, it's called The 100, and they honor 100 people who have done good things in the field of cancer, like volunteering etc. She was picked out of 800 entries that were submitted anonymously. The key note speaker is Matt Damon because his father's cancer was treated at MGH.

Thanks again my pink sisters!

Hugs,
    Wanda

Congrats to your daughter!
    Congrats to your daughter! Praying Wanda that you will get something that will help you with the pain you are in.

Praying for your brother and hoping he will improve soon!

Hugs, Leeza