At hospital waiting to hear what stage my Aunt's cancer is UPDATE

herdizziness
herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
edited May 2012 in Colorectal Cancer #1
My Aunt JoJo was diagnosed with uterine cancer last week. Got a call last night she's having surgery today, they're taking out all the female parts (she's 61, no worries about wanting babies) so here I sit. She is now the second in all my family to be diagnosed with cancer, with myself being the first.
They are using the daVenci robot to do her surgery, glad I had my article from Craig to show her. I guess they've been using the daVinci here for a while at El Camino Hospital in Mt. View.
Any good vibes or prayers or good juju sent her way is greatly appreciated.
UPDATE: Surgery went great, five little holes poked in her (ain't technology great?)all female parts removed along with tumor bigger then what they thought. They took 5 lymphs nodes and get staging a week from now. Good news is Grade1.
Thanks guys and gals!!!!
Winter Marie

Comments

• wolfen
    wolfen Member Posts: 1,324 Member
    Winter
    So sorry to hear that the beast is at work in your family again. I'm sending a ton of good vibes for your aunt.

Luv,

Wolfen
  • annalexandria
    annalexandria Member Posts: 2,571 Member
    Sending hope for great results...
    your aunt's way! I'm glad she's able to have surgery. That's a good start to getting back on the road to good health. Ann
  • Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Dear Winter Marie
    Praying that your aunt's surgery goes as expected and that she has an easy recovery.

As to daVenci...only goes to show that you never know when the information shared here will be a boon to someone else.

Hugs,

Marie who loves kitties
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member

Dear Winter Marie
    Praying that your aunt's surgery goes as expected and that she has an easy recovery.

As to daVenci...only goes to show that you never know when the information shared here will be a boon to someone else.

Hugs,

Marie who loves kitties

DaVinci Rocks!
    Good news, Winter...I'm glad the poster boy of robotic surgery was able to lend his face to the cause...

And you're right, Marie...we just never know what the sharing will bring, do we?

-Craig
    1st Patient in NTX daVinci Lung Surgery.
  • LivinginNH
    LivinginNH Member Posts: 1,456 Member
    I hope that your aunt is
    I hope that your aunt is resting comfortably after her surgery. My best wishes for a quick and painless recovery. Take care, Cyn
  • Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Dear Winter Marie
    So very glad for the good news for your aunt.

You are so right about technology. Even with all the removal, not having to have a major incision is a huge benifit.

Blessing to your aunt and all those who love her.

Hugs,

Marie who loves kitties