Can you have stable mets in one place and progression in others?

JackieA
JackieA Member Posts: 150
Can a person have stable mets in one place and progression in other places? Example; Stable bone mets, but liver spots. Are there familiar stories?

Thanks for input.

Comments

• CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Yes, some areas of the body
    Yes, some areas of the body often respond better to treatment than other areas. I have heard of others who, for example, see progress in their treatment of bone mets, but less than with their liver mets (or vice versa).
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member

Yes, some areas of the body
    Yes, some areas of the body often respond better to treatment than other areas. I have heard of others who, for example, see progress in their treatment of bone mets, but less than with their liver mets (or vice versa).

Yes...
    The answer is yes....my mets to my lymph nodes were stable at my last scans in Feb. But they also showed three,small spots on my brain and a small spot my liver....I had 10 radiation treatments to my brain..of which both my MO and RO agreed would take care of those and I'm back on chemo every 2 weeks....this is all a recurrence of my bc back in May off 2009....I was in remission for 19 months and boom! It showed up in June of 2011...and I am now considered. Stage IV.....it all sucks! But we do what we have to do!

Wishing you the best,
    Hugs, Nancy