New here

tookiebird
tookiebird Member Posts: 5
Hello all ... New here. Four years out from stage 2 invasive ductal, estrogen positive. Had left side mastectomy and gnarly chemo. Consultant now with my own business. Married 21 years, mom of one 15 year old daughter. Having some tough moments and missing that support group so thought I would write in. Cheers to all. Look forward to connecting and thanks for being there!

Comments

• ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    Let me be the first to
    say Welcome! I am so glad you found us and yes you will find some great support here. Any time you need someone just come here and you will find information, good listeners and occassionally an amusing story.

Hugs,
    Georgia
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    Welcome
    This is a good place to come for support. I am one year out from triple negative bc.
  • ksf56
    ksf56 Member Posts: 202
    Hi!
    Welcome aboard! You'll get lots of support and honesty here. I'm 2 months out from active treatment for TNBC and I really appreciate reading about others experiences on this site. I don't feel so alone with my disease.

Hugs to you!
    Karen
  • jennytwist
    jennytwist Member Posts: 896
    ksf56 said:

Hi!
    Welcome aboard! You'll get lots of support and honesty here. I'm 2 months out from active treatment for TNBC and I really appreciate reading about others experiences on this site. I don't feel so alone with my disease.

Hugs to you!
    Karen

Welcome!
    Sounds like we had similar dx - I'm 3 years out - this is a wonderful place - filled with so much support and love it's amazing.
    much love,
    Jenny
  • peanutcat
    peanutcat Member Posts: 104
    new here
    Hi tookiebird I'm also new here. I was diagnosed last Feb with Breast Cancer, had a double masectomy, went through chemo and radiation. Now I'm cancer free. You can go to your support group anytime. Women have been free of cancer for five years or more they came back after a while. Go back You need it. Cheeras to you to.
  • StaceyPMD1121
    StaceyPMD1121 Member Posts: 65
    New here

Hi tookiebird,

I am recently diagnosed with Stage 2 invasive ductal cancer.Had a lumpectomy 5-4-2012 to remove 4 lumps. The largest was 3 cm. I will have chemo port surgery 5-30-2012. I start chemo June 8, 2012. Do you have any suggestions? I hope you continue to do well and thanks for returning. You never know how much you help someone by just reaching out to encourage someone else. I am glad to be a part of an awesome group of women!!!