KRAS mutation please help

barbebarb
barbebarb Member Posts: 464
I will continue on Folfox Xeloda Oxalyplatinin and Luek. (Sp.) Since I've had surgeries.
Is this mutation tested when first line treatments do not work?
In my case this would be mop up chemo after lung and liver mets....
Any help appreciated.

Comments

• janie1
    janie1 Member Posts: 753 Member
    hi
    Not sure, but with crc the kras mutation test is usually done just after diagnosis, but can be done later. It determines if you are a candidate candidate for the crc drug erbitux. If you have the mutation it does not work.
    About 40% ( roughly ) have the mutation.
  • barbebarb
    janie1 said:

hi
    Not sure, but with crc the kras mutation test is usually done just after diagnosis, but can be done later. It determines if you are a candidate candidate for the crc drug erbitux. If you have the mutation it does not work.
    About 40% ( roughly ) have the mutation.

kras info
    Thank you. My oncologist didn't have this test done but I asked her too.
    Appreciate the information.
  • dmj101
    dmj101 Member Posts: 527 Member
    I am curious too
    I just changed oncologists now that I have been found to have mets 5 months after fininshing my FOLFOX..
    My new oncologist started my on FOLFIRI this week and is now running the KRAS and other tests my original oncologist never ran.
    I have results yet but I can't wait to see doc next week to learn more.
    I wish you hope and recovery ( i know i have been tottering )
    My new doc has told me cure is not possible but remission is and she told me I am not going anywhere anytime soon so that is my story and I am sticking to it.
  • barbebarb
    dmj101 said:

I am curious too
    I just changed oncologists now that I have been found to have mets 5 months after fininshing my FOLFOX..
    My new oncologist started my on FOLFIRI this week and is now running the KRAS and other tests my original oncologist never ran.
    I have results yet but I can't wait to see doc next week to learn more.
    I wish you hope and recovery ( i know i have been tottering )
    My new doc has told me cure is not possible but remission is and she told me I am not going anywhere anytime soon so that is my story and I am sticking to it.

Going to run test
    I will go back on Folfox soon and I was surprised they didn't run this test.
    A part of me wants to know another part of me not.
    That is a good story! :-)
    Hope you are feeling well.
    I had nets removed from my lungs and liver within 12 weeks two separate surguries and recovery hsd
    been slow....
  • janderson1964
    janderson1964 Member Posts: 2,215 Member
    I just had the kras test
    I just had the kras test done after my third liver surgery. I guess they waited to test until vectibix was my next option.
  • spainmum
    spainmum Member Posts: 29
    barbebarb said:

kras info
    Thank you. My oncologist didn't have this test done but I asked her too.
    Appreciate the information.

My mom
    To my mom they did this test when dx at October'11 because she has so many mets and I think they want to attack with all the weapon they could, but the primary was mutated. But now she enter on a Clinical trial and they did this test on a met of the liver and this wasn't mutated, then she is on Erbutix + Folfiri.
  • barbebarb

I just had the kras test
    I just had the kras test done after my third liver surgery. I guess they waited to test until vectibix was my next option.

test
    I see. I think my oncologist was surprised that I asked.
    How are you feeling after liver surgeries?
    This lobectomy is uncomfortable and I had the VATS procedure.
    I am walking everyday and trying to adjust to the new normal..
  • janderson1964
    barbebarb said:

test
    I see. I think my oncologist was surprised that I asked.
    How are you feeling after liver surgeries?
    This lobectomy is uncomfortable and I had the VATS procedure.
    I am walking everyday and trying to adjust to the new normal..

I am 100% after the
    I am 100% after the surgeries. The last one in December was a right lobectomy. They took the right lobe gall bladder a piece of my diaphram and peritoneal. I am back to mountain biking on my off weeks from chemo.
  • barbebarb

I am 100% after the
    I am 100% after the surgeries. The last one in December was a right lobectomy. They took the right lobe gall bladder a piece of my diaphram and peritoneal. I am back to mountain biking on my off weeks from chemo.

Yes!
    You are an inspiration. I miss golfing and bike riding!
    Thank you for responding. I am trying to be strong with this new normal but it is all
    so scary still...
    Did u have chemo after?
  • janderson1964
    barbebarb said:

Yes!
    You are an inspiration. I miss golfing and bike riding!
    Thank you for responding. I am trying to be strong with this new normal but it is all
    so scary still...
    Did u have chemo after?

Yes. I am just completing 9
    Yes. I am just completing 9 of 12 rounds. I have done 31 rounds so far over the past 6+ years.
  • barbebarb

Yes. I am just completing 9
    Yes. I am just completing 9 of 12 rounds. I have done 31 rounds so far over the past 6+ years.

kras chemo and more
    Hope u are feeling well w/treatments. I will need to return to work with chemo and dresd
    the bowel issues.. Hope I will get s break after next infusions.
    Time and scans will tell.
    New pic of da birdie? :-)