Another legend moves on

Options
jtl
jtl Member Posts: 456
Donna Summer has passed away at 63 reportedly from cancer. R.I.P.
Cut and paste if you liked her music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cPIT_T3mYU

Comments

• osmotar
    osmotar Member Posts: 1,006
    Options
    Loved
    Loved her music...may she RIP.
  • jtl
    Options
    osmotar said:

Loved
    Loved her music...may she RIP.

Me too!
    I was single during the disco days and my friends and I belonged to a private club in Minneapolis. They would close out the evening/morning with Last Dance. Those were quite the days. Even took dancing lessons, I must have been a John Revolting, I mean John Travolta wannabee.
  • ratface
    ratface Member Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    jtl said:

Me too!
    I was single during the disco days and my friends and I belonged to a private club in Minneapolis. They would close out the evening/morning with Last Dance. Those were quite the days. Even took dancing lessons, I must have been a John Revolting, I mean John Travolta wannabee.

kept her 8 track
    in the glove box and would play it regularly in my 1966 olds f85 with mags and red drums. The car was white. Had a fitted red fuzzy blanket on the back shelf. What a great time in my life. Loved her music and the disco age.
  • jtl
    Options
    ratface said:

kept her 8 track
    in the glove box and would play it regularly in my 1966 olds f85 with mags and red drums. The car was white. Had a fitted red fuzzy blanket on the back shelf. What a great time in my life. Loved her music and the disco age.

For me it was a refreshing
    For me it was a refreshing change from the early 70's songs, which being a child of the 60's I never cared for. Remember early disco started with slower stuff, like Barry White and then the beat got stronger and the people could really dance. How about line dances and Y.M.C.A.
  • nwasen
    nwasen Member Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    jtl said:

For me it was a refreshing
    For me it was a refreshing change from the early 70's songs, which being a child of the 60's I never cared for. Remember early disco started with slower stuff, like Barry White and then the beat got stronger and the people could really dance. How about line dances and Y.M.C.A.

Donna
    Never ever was a disco fan (give me rock or punk anyday) but did like Donna... saw her interviewed a few years ago and thought she seemed ill. I read that she died from lung cancer...another one taken by the beast..damnit
    Nancy