New clinical trial on colon cancer and curcumin

pete43lost_at_sea
pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member
edited May 2012 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Day by day the alternative lifestyle resembles conventional.

Hell in a few years the one's will be handing out Tcm, herbs like turmeric and milk whistle and organic coffee beans

What harm can a few herbs, an espresso and some walking do ?

After all we got colon cancer, a mean , nasty pain in the ****! If ever there was one!

Smile a big one if you are on curcumin, read the story if you got time and interest.

Hugs,
Pete

Ps so much to give us hope. I got to get out of the relaxing bath and go sleep and dream about Diving with sharks. Of course I'll pop some melatonin just to guarantee the deepest healing sleep possible.

http://www.lef.org/newsletter/2012/0511_Curcumin-to-be-Tried-in-Colon-Cancer-Patients.htm?utm_source=eNewsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Article&utm_content=Header&utm_campaign=2012Wk19-2&l=0#article

Comments

• nikkers
    nikkers Member Posts: 25
    Alternatives
    You are always so innovative and proactive in your fight that it has brought me such solace - thanks. My niece and her family have been frustratingly the opposite, but now, as a last ditch effort (woefully late) my niece wants to try something called Phoenix Tears and is basing all her hopes on its power of healing. She is being transferred to a palliative care center for the last weeks off her life - all treatment has been cancelled. Have you heard of this, tried it, know anything about it? Unfortunately, I can't open the link you posted from here. Thanks, Nikkers
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    nikkers said:

Alternatives
    You are always so innovative and proactive in your fight that it has brought me such solace - thanks. My niece and her family have been frustratingly the opposite, but now, as a last ditch effort (woefully late) my niece wants to try something called Phoenix Tears and is basing all her hopes on its power of healing. She is being transferred to a palliative care center for the last weeks off her life - all treatment has been cancelled. Have you heard of this, tried it, know anything about it? Unfortunately, I can't open the link you posted from here. Thanks, Nikkers

sorry to hear about your niece, here is the link
    Hi nikkers,

This link worked for me. I have not heard of phones tears, but I pray it works.

http://www.lef.org/newsletter/2012/0511_Curcumin-to-be-Tried-in-Colon-Cancer-Patients.htm?utm_source=eNewsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Article&utm_content=Header&utm_campaign=2012Wk19-2&l=0#article

Hugs,
    Pete

Ps just goggle new trial curcumin lef colon
  • Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    nikkers said:

Alternatives

Phoenix Tears
    Made from the oil in cannabis seeds.

Not sure what its curative value is but medical cannabis is used to help with pain and also to encourage appetite.

It should be noted that posession of cannibis is not legal in all states or countries.
  • nikkers

Phoenix Tears

Not sure what its curative value is but medical cannabis is used to help with pain and also to encourage appetite.

It should be noted that posession of cannibis is not legal in all states or countries.

Well I've been doing some
    Well I've been doing some looking up and research of these cannabinoids and there is a lot of positive bonafide reseach on the subject. Apparently you can use other cannabinoids than thc to block the receptors that are involved with cancer. This is one interesting article to start pursuing and having read many of Pete's entries, I'm sure he'll do it. I would love to think this would help my niece but am looking into it as my daughter also has this "Pirate" gene and has at 30 had precancerous polyps that without Claire's diagnosis would have bloomed into full blown colon cancer "within ten years" We have a genetic factor going on. http://scienceblog.cancerresearchuk.org/2009/08/19/cannabinoids-for-treating-cancer/. I'll add another link right after this one as I'm working iwth an ipad and loose the link if I leave now.
  • nikkers
    nikkers said:

Well I've been doing some
    Well I've been doing some looking up and research of these cannabinoids and there is a lot of positive bonafide reseach on the subject. Apparently you can use other cannabinoids than thc to block the receptors that are involved with cancer. This is one interesting article to start pursuing and having read many of Pete's entries, I'm sure he'll do it. I would love to think this would help my niece but am looking into it as my daughter also has this "Pirate" gene and has at 30 had precancerous polyps that without Claire's diagnosis would have bloomed into full blown colon cancer "within ten years" We have a genetic factor going on. http://scienceblog.cancerresearchuk.org/2009/08/19/cannabinoids-for-treating-cancer/. I'll add another link right after this one as I'm working iwth an ipad and loose the link if I leave now.

Herre's another scientific
    Herre's another scientific link, http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/cam/cannabis/healthprofessional/page4. If you type in Phoenix Tears you come to a sort of hippy site that shows how to make this oil, but I'm not sure if that would be the way to go - would it still contain THC etc? Anyway it does seem to be worthwhile to check it out.
    I've talked to my daughter about taking a baby aspirin a day for prevention - she's not doing dairy, or eating any meat right now - perhaps should cut out fish too? I tried going Vegan myself when my niece was first diagnosed to try to find good, tasteful recepes for her to try, but a year ago she wasn't so pro-active as she now appears willing to be unfortunately. I didn't do so well with the Vegan diet myself, just didn't sit well with me and even though I took B12 regularly, I had very low energy. Nowadays, I just have a little fish and LOTS of veg juice. This cancer in the family has changed my eating habits for the better.
    Hope these links help.
    Nikkers
  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    nikkers said:

Herre's another scientific link, http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/cam/cannabis/healthprofessional/page4. If you type in Phoenix Tears you come to a sort of hippy site that shows how to make this oil, but I'm not sure if that would be the way to go - would it still contain THC etc? Anyway it does seem to be worthwhile to check it out.
    I've talked to my daughter about taking a baby aspirin a day for prevention - she's not doing dairy, or eating any meat right now - perhaps should cut out fish too? I tried going Vegan myself when my niece was first diagnosed to try to find good, tasteful recepes for her to try, but a year ago she wasn't so pro-active as she now appears willing to be unfortunately. I didn't do so well with the Vegan diet myself, just didn't sit well with me and even though I took B12 regularly, I had very low energy. Nowadays, I just have a little fish and LOTS of veg juice. This cancer in the family has changed my eating habits for the better.
    Hope these links help.
    Nikkers

I am on it, have been for a
    I am on it, have been for a couple years, stopped for a bit, but I am back on. My ONC said yes to turmeric and the 80 mg of aspirin a day. I take milk thistle also. Have not done the coffee enemas, would not know where to start. lol Well, I guess I do but... I need to watch the Gerson Video to remember how to do it.
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    Nana b said:

I am on it, have been for a
    I am on it, have been for a couple years, stopped for a bit, but I am back on. My ONC said yes to turmeric and the 80 mg of aspirin a day. I take milk thistle also. Have not done the coffee enemas, would not know where to start. lol Well, I guess I do but... I need to watch the Gerson Video to remember how to do it.

i know we are on many of the same supplements
    hi rachel,

i just love when what we have been taking makes it into real clinical human trials.

the upper limit of curcumin is what intriuges me, my mate said it turned his blood yellow. i kid you not and al else was fine.

anything to give the liver a helping hand so to speak. do some reading, lots of good stuff on the enemas. you start with coffee, now i try probiotic as well. its not scary, its amazing to here your gall bladder or liver dumping bile.

simulating the liver and the colon is the name of the game. doing some external colon massage is essential and interesting now our descending colons have been chopped out.

even how milk thistle works to rebuild the liver is amazing, i feel said when i know of the toxic load many here are experiencing and that there poor livers are being hammered. i goto have my mean green smoothie with wheatgrass, chorella, green barley and heaps of other greens.

i have skipped the aspirin as i was advised it slows down stage 1 liver detox cytochrome p54, but i have already explained my reasons for that. so many tough decisions to make about all these supplements, nutrition and exercise. but i do find the decisions, the results and my biology fascinating.

i know i am crazy that so few others are jumping for joy here about tumeric being in a clinical trial. some get excited by new chemo drugs, i get excited by simple old remedies finally being put into clinical trials. i am really so far out there now into the alternative universe. its actually not a bad place to live at least for me.

hugs,
    pete
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    nikkers said:

Hope these links help.
    Nikkers

thanks nikkers
    the vegan life is challenging, i am new to it and closely monitoring all aspects of my biology.

the low energy is a bummer, and obviously something else may have gone on with you.

i am glad i have a vegan doctor who is an exercise freak and focussed on cancer. she is keeping an eye on my bloods.

i will skip the phoenix tears for now but thanks for the link.

hugs,
    pete
  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member

thanks nikkers
    the vegan life is challenging, i am new to it and closely monitoring all aspects of my biology.

the low energy is a bummer, and obviously something else may have gone on with you.

i am glad i have a vegan doctor who is an exercise freak and focussed on cancer. she is keeping an eye on my bloods.

i will skip the phoenix tears for now but thanks for the link.

hugs,
    pete

Pete, how much tumeric do
    Pete, how much turmeric and milk thistle do you take each day?
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    Nana b said:

Pete, how much tumeric do
    Pete, how much turmeric and milk thistle do you take each day?

4grams Longvida rd
    2 morning 2 night. This is slow release

1.4grams milk whistle morning and night. Google metagenics phyto pro for details

Hugs,
    Pete

Ps have cutback doses most supplements since doing vegan experiment.
  • smokeyjoe
    smokeyjoe Member Posts: 1,425 Member

4grams Longvida rd
    2 morning 2 night. This is slow release

1.4grams milk whistle morning and night. Google metagenics phyto pro for details

Hugs,
    Pete

Ps have cutback doses most supplements since doing vegan experiment.

Keep it up Pete :)

Keep it up Pete :)
  • annalexandria
    annalexandria Member Posts: 2,571 Member

Phoenix Tears

Here in Seattle,
    at the University of WA, they have been doing some studies on the curative value of cannabis oil. Apparently they've had some results showing it kills off cancer cells, at least in animal subjects. Wouldn't it be great if we could just eat some spicy Indian food with lots of tumeric, followed up by a nice pot brownie, to cure our cancer?