~~ Do You Have Any Plans For Mother's Day? ~~

susie09
susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
Let us know if you have any plans for Mother's Day. I hope that you will be pampered, fed and shown all of the love that you all so deserve!

Happy Mother's Day Pink Sisters!

Comments

• aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    Do you?
    I'll tell if you tell:)

Nice to have you back, asking the questions you never answer!

xoxo
    Victoria
  • susie09
    aisling8 said:

Do you?
    I'll tell if you tell:)

Nice to have you back, asking the questions you never answer!

xoxo
    Victoria

Thanks for the welcome back!
    Come on Victoria, please, please, please tell me! lol
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    susie09 said:

Thanks for the welcome back!
    Come on Victoria, please, please, please tell me! lol

We are taking my Mother and
    We are taking my Mother and my Mother in Law out for Sunday brunch to a really nice restaurant. And, we bought both of them a beautiful pot filled with flowers for them to put outside. Hope they have a great day and I hope all of you do too.

Happy Mother's Day!

Hugs, Angie
  • jessiesmom1
    jessiesmom1 Member Posts: 915 Member
    My Mother's Day Plans
    Since my daughter goes to college too far away to come home and Mother's Day is 2 days before the end of classes at my son's university, I have taken matters into my own hands. I have made a reservation for my husband and I to take a tour of the Harley Farms Goat Dairy in Pescadero, CA (www.harleyfarms.com). That is about an hour from my home. I am an animal lover and enjoy goat cheese, so I thought this would be a fun and unique experience. After we come home from our tour my husband will be making dinner. He doesn't know that part yet. I do not cook or do dishes on either my birthday or Mother's Day.

IRENE
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Hooray for Moms!
    Mark and I have been hosting Mother's Day for the past 4 or 5 years. My in-laws, sister-in-law and her family plan to come. My Mother passed away over 10 years ago, but I do invite my two sisters and their families. They won't be able to make this time.

This year I invited two dear Pink Sisters and their families to join us. One I met at a support group when I was undergoing treatment and the other dear one I met here on CSN! I have also invited two other friends and their families. It's potluck style and we will be serving the main dishes and mimosas!

It's a blowout of sorts but I know it's going to be lots of fun! I told Mark since this is my day, too, I get to invite who I want.

Cheers to all the Mom's in the group!
    XOX
  • eihtak
    eihtak Member Posts: 1,473 Member
    Mothers Day
    Last year at this time I was in a nursing home recovering from Stage 3 Anal cancer. I came home in the summer and in December my husband had a bone marrow transplant. He is recovering and in Feb. I was diagnosed with breast cancer...double mastectomy in March!!! Son-in-law (like my own son), just home from second tour in Afganistan. Daughter (single mom) also military is now away at training. It has been and continues to be one **** of a year!! But...I have the absolute BEST kids I could have ever hoped for, (and 6 grandsons...all under 4yrs). On Mothers Day, I plan to first skype my daughter away at training so she can see her little guy (he is bopping back and forth with family), my Church has a great Moms Day service so will be there with some of my 5 kids, hope to fit in a visit to the cemetary where my mom is and will surely have her on my mind all day, in the afternoon my son-in-law, a grill-master in my mind, is cooking for whatever family can make it. Mostly though, I plan to just sit back and thank God for what I have and how he has carried me through this past couple years. I am so proud of my family and how they have pulled together to help myself, husband, and each other through the more difficult times. I never was a "perfect" mother, who is, and as my children become parents I see them making mistakes also....being a grandma lets me make corrections in a more gentle sort of way. No family is without fault and that is what makes us all so unique....I for one, love mine just as they are! Happy Mom's Day to all.
  • tufi000
    tufi000 Member Posts: 745 Member
    My day
    Though I will be alone, every day is Mother's Day for me. I have the joy of having had an awesome mom and I wonder at the man my son has become. I cannot ask for more.
  • ksf56
    ksf56 Member Posts: 202
    Mother's Day
    I will be going to church with my husband followed by a brunch at one of our favorite restaurants. I've received a beautiful bauquet of flowers from my husband this morning! Our sons and daughter-in-laws live in the Chicago area and due to jobs won't be able to come a see me. But the excellent news is that we're anxiously waiting for the very soon arrival of our first grandchild - we're just waiting for the call! Needless to say, we can't wait! We'll be headed to Chicago when he makes his appearence. My heart overflows!

I hope all you mom's have a blessed day!
    Karen
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    Sitting
    and doing exactly what I darn well please to.
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Nothing exciting and I had
    Nothing exciting and I had to Plan it..of course...hehe..but going out to breakfast with both girls and grandsons. (youngest works @ sunday mid day on so breakfast is all we can do) after wards maybe walk over WALK way over the Hudson...love doing that..

Denise

MY mom died about 6 yrs ago...:~(
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member

My Mother's Day Plans
    Since my daughter goes to college too far away to come home and Mother's Day is 2 days before the end of classes at my son's university, I have taken matters into my own hands. I have made a reservation for my husband and I to take a tour of the Harley Farms Goat Dairy in Pescadero, CA (www.harleyfarms.com). That is about an hour from my home. I am an animal lover and enjoy goat cheese, so I thought this would be a fun and unique experience. After we come home from our tour my husband will be making dinner. He doesn't know that part yet. I do not cook or do dishes on either my birthday or Mother's Day.

IRENE

Irene: my girls live with me
    Irene: my girls live with me and I still have to make the plans. I am the ONLY planner in the family.

we'd never go on vactions, have birthday parties..but this way I get what I WANT>..hehe..

Denise

sounds like a great day
  • susie09

Nothing exciting and I had
    Nothing exciting and I had to Plan it..of course...hehe..but going out to breakfast with both girls and grandsons. (youngest works @ sunday mid day on so breakfast is all we can do) after wards maybe walk over WALK way over the Hudson...love doing that..

Denise

MY mom died about 6 yrs ago...:~(

All of your plans sound
    All of your plans sound perfect!

Happy Mother’s Day
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    susie09 said:

All of your plans sound
    All of your plans sound perfect!

Happy Mother’s Day

Having a great day and
    Having a great day and wishing you all the same. Happy mom's day. I love the banner Susie. Very cute.

Hugs, Jan