Port issues

I was just wondering if any one else has this issue...

Sometimes my infusion port just hurts. Out of the blue, relative to nothing. Anybody else have that? Other times it is as if I don't even have it.

Just a little oddity that I wondered about!

Comments

• TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    Bumping up
    Doing my best to bump up all of yesterday's posts, past those of last night's spammers, so they don't get lost.
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    No pain
    I haven't had any pain/discomfort at all from my port. It's been in since Aug '09 and I don't notice it at all.

Winyan - The Power Within

Susan
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Rague said:

No pain
    I haven't had any pain/discomfort at all from my port. It's been in since Aug '09 and I don't notice it at all.

Winyan - The Power Within

Susan

Ask your Oncologist to check out your site ..
    Next time you are in the office for chemo.

My port was located in my upper (inside) right arm. So I had issues, non stop. Infections, from rubbing against clothing -- soreness from reaching and picking up heavy items -- I am right handed -- so I constantly irritated my port. I ended up covering my port with gauge & tape daily -- did I mention the tugging, and pulling I felt at night?

I Survived -- and my port served me well during my chemo. I celebrated once chemo had
    been completed. I was THRILLED when I become ... de-ported!

Best of luck .. please have it checked out.

Strength, Courage and HOPE for a Cure.

Vicki Sam
  • grams2jc
    grams2jc Member Posts: 756
    Sometimes mine does
    It is pretty prominent in my right chest, no place for it to sink in to. Sometimes a grandkid bump, sometimes lay on it wrong, sometimes no reason at all. Usually just a quick flash.

Good luck, maybe you can have them give you an opinion at your next flush,

Jennifer
  • Texasgirl10
    Texasgirl10 Member Posts: 668
    grams2jc said:

Sometimes mine does
    It is pretty prominent in my right chest, no place for it to sink in to. Sometimes a grandkid bump, sometimes lay on it wrong, sometimes no reason at all. Usually just a quick flash.

Good luck, maybe you can have them give you an opinion at your next flush,

Jennifer

Me too
    Yes sometimes for no reason at all my port will hurt. I don't know what causes it and it doesn't last long thank goodness. If I can remember I'll ask my onc when I see him in 3 weeks.

Hugs,

Dawne
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member

Me too
    Yes sometimes for no reason at all my port will hurt. I don't know what causes it and it doesn't last long thank goodness. If I can remember I'll ask my onc when I see him in 3 weeks.

Hugs,

Dawne

Twinges???
    That's what I call, what I experience at times...sort of a little tugging twinge....I've had it 8 weeks....had it put in right after my last brain rads...what a day that was! Most of the time I don't even know it's there...mine is in my left chest.....and as freaked out about it, as I was, it's a blessing for chemo every 2 weeks!

Hugs, Nancy
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    MAJW said:

Twinges???
    That's what I call, what I experience at times...sort of a little tugging twinge....I've had it 8 weeks....had it put in right after my last brain rads...what a day that was! Most of the time I don't even know it's there...mine is in my left chest.....and as freaked out about it, as I was, it's a blessing for chemo every 2 weeks!

Hugs, Nancy

Melaniedoingwell .. How are you doing ???
    Have you had the opportunity to consult with your Onco?

Hoping things have gotten better!

Vicki Sam