Inspiration

mariam_11_09
mariam_11_09 Member Posts: 691 Member
Visited with my Onc. today and was telling him about my ice cream making obsession, actually I even brought him a pint of carmalized mango ice cream, then I was showing off my tie dye silk scarf. This all came about because finally I feel like I am starting to recover from the whole 2 year ordeal of sugery, chemo, rads, herceptin, herceptin postponed, herceptin and the last nip and tuck. Finally, I am beginning to have at least one night a week where I sleep for more than 2 hrs at a stretch. Finally, the steroids from chemo 2 years ago have worn off and my face looks normal, like it matches the rest of my body. Finally I have more days of no inflammation than inflammation. Finally I am thinking less about cancer.

The Onc. told me that I had such a great attitude and was quite an inspiration and I looked at him and told him my inspiration came from the women on this board. I could not have kept putting one foot in front of the other, taking one day at a time if I had not known so many other great women who had done it before me, some who were doing it with me and some, sadly are still doing it right now.

I don't post often however I do read posts several times a week. ALL OF YOU ROCK!! ARE OF YOU ARE SO INSPIRING and I could never thank-you all enough for the support directly and indirectly and in ways that you may never realise.

Hugs to you all
Mariam

Comments

• TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    Big hug back to you, Mariam - do you feel it?
    Dearest Mariam -- Just by being here with us, and sharing your story, and yes -- just by putting one foot in front of the other day after day -- you give us inspiration, too.

Your words are beautiful, and only those of us who've walked this path together can really understand what you mean. The first time in months or years that you get to the end of a day, and realize, "Oh my gosh, I didn't think about cancer today" is really an indescribable feeling, isn't it? And a day to rejoice!

...to rejoice with ice cream, perhaps? So when do we get some of that? May I request chocolate, please?

:-) Traci
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    TraciInLA said:

Big hug back to you, Mariam - do you feel it?
    Dearest Mariam -- Just by being here with us, and sharing your story, and yes -- just by putting one foot in front of the other day after day -- you give us inspiration, too.

Your words are beautiful, and only those of us who've walked this path together can really understand what you mean. The first time in months or years that you get to the end of a day, and realize, "Oh my gosh, I didn't think about cancer today" is really an indescribable feeling, isn't it? And a day to rejoice!

...to rejoice with ice cream, perhaps? So when do we get some of that? May I request chocolate, please?

you have done it today - congratulation
    Mariam,
    Great to hear from you. my style is different from Traci. Keep moving forward, life is a journey, it is good that we are in together!
    Hugs
    New flower
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member

you have done it today - congratulation
    Mariam,
    Great to hear from you. my style is different from Traci. Keep moving forward, life is a journey, it is good that we are in together!
    Hugs
    New flower

Bumping up
    Bumping this up....not going to let last night's spammers bury your lovely post, Mariam!

(And I think what New Flower is "tactfully" saying is that I eat too much ice cream. :-)

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    TraciInLA said:

Bumping up
    Bumping this up....not going to let last night's spammers bury your lovely post, Mariam!

(And I think what New Flower is "tactfully" saying is that I eat too much ice cream. :-)

bumping up ...
    again!
  • mariam_11_09
    mariam_11_09 Member Posts: 691 Member
    TraciInLA said:

Bumping up

You guys are too funny! If

You guys are too funny! If you are ever in the San Francisco Bay Area and need a little ice cream or a visit just holla! I have Nutella ice cream, Mexican Chocolate ice cream (approved by a Mexican American coworker) and am working on white chocolate and ginger. I have been rather healthy with the fruity fat free frozen yoghurts as well.

I might be down in LA early August to pick up my mother and daughter from a cruise I am sending them on just so I can get a week of peace. Will know the dates later and if you anyone is around who love to meet with you.
  • debi.18
    debi.18 Member Posts: 850 Member

You guys are too funny! If

You guys are too funny! If you are ever in the San Francisco Bay Area and need a little ice cream or a visit just holla! I have Nutella ice cream, Mexican Chocolate ice cream (approved by a Mexican American coworker) and am working on white chocolate and ginger. I have been rather healthy with the fruity fat free frozen yoghurts as well.

I might be down in LA early August to pick up my mother and daughter from a cruise I am sending them on just so I can get a week of peace. Will know the dates later and if you anyone is around who love to meet with you.

Yummy
    White Chocolate and ginger....I hear it calling my name. That sounds incredible.

Don't you want to move to Florida.....

FYI....I agree 100% with your post! The support on this site is amazing!

Hugs, Debi
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    I have told
    all the doctors on my oncology team about the importance of this board. I believe we have a better chance of survival because we keep reminding others of what needs to come to the attention of the doctors. We also alleviate some of the worry associated with having this diagnosis. Reduction of such stressors is sure to have a positive impact on our quality of life if not our survival.
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    ;-)
    Mariam great to see you post and what a uplifting post it is, shucks you even snuck ice cream in there (which btw always makes me happy). Glad to see you so happy and finding that light at the end of the tunnel we all know is there.

Hugs,

RE
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    So happy to hear you are
    So happy to hear you are feeling on forward move in life...

Denise