Revlon 5k Run/Walk: In Honor of Fallen Warriors, Present Warriors

Bella Luna
Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
I am reeving up for the Revlon Run/Walk this Saturday, May 12th in Los Angeles. I have been training and plan to run the course. This is my 2nd year and I feel compelled to go and pay tribute to the fallen Warriors and present Warriors. Wish me luck!

Oh, and a Happy Mother's Day to all!

Comments

• Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    You go girl!
    You go girl! This is great Bella Luna! Have a great time and take pics for us.

And, good luck!

Sue :)
  • Frankie Shannon
    Frankie Shannon Member Posts: 457
    The best of luck to you have
    The best of luck to you have fun.
    Hugs Frankie
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member

The best of luck to you have
    The best of luck to you have fun.
    Hugs Frankie

Go, go, go!
    Run like the wind, girl. You can do it!

I really want to do the Revlon walk because it's for all women's cancers, not ooly breast cancer. I've been kicking myself for letting this get away from me this year because I could have dragged a few friends from NoCal along but somehow life got in the way and it slipped through the cracks. It would be a great event for all of us California peeps to participate in - LA isn't that far away from here afterall. Maybe next year?

There is another walk in DC in November sponsored by the Foundation for Women's Cancer. My good friend and endo cancer survivor (the one who's making the quilt with me) and I have considered doing that. If we can consider DC, LA is a no brainer!

Is there still time to sponsor you? How?

Suzanne

PS I'm still mad at Komen
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294

Go, go, go!
    Run like the wind, girl. You can do it!

I really want to do the Revlon walk because it's for all women's cancers, not ooly breast cancer. I've been kicking myself for letting this get away from me this year because I could have dragged a few friends from NoCal along but somehow life got in the way and it slipped through the cracks. It would be a great event for all of us California peeps to participate in - LA isn't that far away from here afterall. Maybe next year?

There is another walk in DC in November sponsored by the Foundation for Women's Cancer. My good friend and endo cancer survivor (the one who's making the quilt with me) and I have considered doing that. If we can consider DC, LA is a no brainer!

Is there still time to sponsor you? How?

Suzanne

PS I'm still mad at Komen

Good luck
    Ines,
    we will be with you in spirit. Thank you for honoring our dear Pink Angels, who are watching over us.
    I know you are prepared and ready, still take it easy due to your surgery two weeks ago.
    I have to cancel this year again.Last year I had awful hives, it has been too much going on at work, and Saturday is a recovery day for me.
    Oh and I am going to bake too.
    Claudia has canceled too, which right thing for her.
    Hugs
  • camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Good for you
    This was onw I was always going to do. Used to do the Komen Mother's day weekend, but still don't like what is going on with them. It is a good thing that you are doing, wish I could participate.

Happy Mothers Day,
    Carol
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    camul said:

Good for you
    This was onw I was always going to do. Used to do the Komen Mother's day weekend, but still don't like what is going on with them. It is a good thing that you are doing, wish I could participate.

Happy Mothers Day,
    Carol

Go, Ines!
    I'll be thinking of you!

After 11 years of the Revlon Walk, I'm leaving it -- a hard decision because I did it always for and with my friend and then since '07 in her honor, but since moving to San Diego, it's logistically more difficult to get up there. Just part of life's cycles:)

Have a great time.

xoxo
    Victoria
  • Bella Luna
    On your mark...
    I am going to do my best! I feel embarrassed to admit this, but what is going on with Komen? What are they doing that is disappointing some of you? Fill me in.

Oh, Suzanne... thank you for offering to sponsor me on my run. I registered as a solo participant. Thank you for thinking of me. New Flower, ChenHeart, Victoria... I will "run like the wind" ,as fellow Pink Sister Suzanne suggested, for you and the many others who will be there with me in spirit and the Guardian Angel Warriors who are looking down from up above!

Cheers!
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

On your mark...
    I am going to do my best! I feel embarrassed to admit this, but what is going on with Komen? What are they doing that is disappointing some of you? Fill me in.

Oh, Suzanne... thank you for offering to sponsor me on my run. I registered as a solo participant. Thank you for thinking of me. New Flower, ChenHeart, Victoria... I will "run like the wind" ,as fellow Pink Sister Suzanne suggested, for you and the many others who will be there with me in spirit and the Guardian Angel Warriors who are looking down from up above!

Cheers!

Ines, You are my HERO!
    Hoping you hear the song by Bette Midler 'Wind beneath my Wings' as you run for all
    of us Kindred Spirits!

Thank you --!

Vicki Sam
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    Thank you for doing this.
    I know these walk/runs are a great thing. I will be doing a local walk in a couple of weeks. At least I will know why my legs are tired tomorrow night. Have fun!

Hugs,
    Georgia
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    ladyg said:

Thank you for doing this.
    I know these walk/runs are a great thing. I will be doing a local walk in a couple of weeks. At least I will know why my legs are tired tomorrow night. Have fun!

Hugs,
    Georgia

Bumping up
    Doing my best to bump up all of yesterday's posts, past those of last night's spammers, so they don't get lost.
  • Bella Luna
    Mission Accomplished: Revlon 5k Run/Walk
    Yeah!!! I did it! I ran,as Suzanne so nicely put it- like the wind, from start to finish! Holly Berry, Mathew Morrison, and Mario Lopez were the main celebrity MC's for the event. Dr. Denis Slamon, well known oncologist/researcher, made a guest appearance and mentioned a clinical trial in progress that is showing great promise in treating uterine cancer. He compared it to Herceptin in that it is thought to have minimal side effects.

There was a sea of people from all walks of life, backgrounds, and color! I would like to say there were more than 40,000 attendees at the event. Some had colorful outfits and banners that brought smiles and looks from the crowd. I made sure to pick up a placard to pin on my t-shirt. It read," In honor of Fallen Warriors, Present Warriors." I included the names of several loved ones and the CSN Pink Sisters made the list, of course.

Thank you to all who joined me in spirit on this amazing and inspirational run/walk.

Cheers and a Happy Mama's Day to All!
    Hugs,
    Ines
  • Frankie Shannon
    Frankie Shannon Member Posts: 457

Mission Accomplished: Revlon 5k Run/Walk
    Yeah!!! I did it! I ran,as Suzanne so nicely put it- like the wind, from start to finish! Holly Berry, Mathew Morrison, and Mario Lopez were the main celebrity MC's for the event. Dr. Denis Slamon, well known oncologist/researcher, made a guest appearance and mentioned a clinical trial in progress that is showing great promise in treating uterine cancer. He compared it to Herceptin in that it is thought to have minimal side effects.

There was a sea of people from all walks of life, backgrounds, and color! I would like to say there were more than 40,000 attendees at the event. Some had colorful outfits and banners that brought smiles and looks from the crowd. I made sure to pick up a placard to pin on my t-shirt. It read," In honor of Fallen Warriors, Present Warriors." I included the names of several loved ones and the CSN Pink Sisters made the list, of course.

Thank you to all who joined me in spirit on this amazing and inspirational run/walk.

Cheers and a Happy Mama's Day to All!
    Hugs,
    Ines

Thank you for all the pink
    Thank you for all the pink sisters past and present.Congratulations you should be very proud. Mario Lopez is so cute.What a great crowd 40,000 is awesome.
    Hugs Frankie