OT - new tattoo ideas?

mamolady
mamolady Member Posts: 796 Member
I posted this on another venue too. I am looking for ideas any help would be appreciated.

Ok, I need some inspiration. In 2008, I did the Avon walk and completed the 39 miles for the first time. (I had done the walk twice before but not the whole walk) Back then I wanted to get a tattoo of the pink ribbon. I had been doing the walk, my sis had died of BC, I did mammos for a living. I thought it would be cool. Well, I kept talking myself out of it.
Now that I am a survivor, I really want a tattoo. Now I want to incorporate a phoenix with the pink ribbon. Not sure how to get there. Some thing small and delicate. Kinda girly. Not too much detail. Any ideas?

The artist I want to see in in Okland but if anyone can recommend a good artist near San Jose, California?

Thanks,
Cindy

Comments

• camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Go for it
    I just love mine! I see beauty instead of scars, so glad I did it every time I get out of the shower! I went back and got my degree in Human Services and Business Management from the U of Phoenix, so I am a Phoenix also!

Carol
  • tufi000
    tufi000 Member Posts: 745 Member
    Gotta find the pics! HAHA
    I did 3 phoenix with ribbon incorporated. You can have them if you want to but I need to find them here. They aren't showing on my page anywhere. Though for head and neck the ribbons can easily be changed.
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    I am not a tattoo
    I am not a tattoo person..but I am sure you will get great ideas from others..MY girls both have them-say I shoul. I show them MY DOTS (tattoos) from radiation and say they are mine!

Denise
  • tufi000
    tufi000 Member Posts: 745 Member
    Sent message
    I sent you a private message here. My designs are in a Facebook file if you are interested. You can also find my FB contact at the bottom of my page here.
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Take a pic when it's ready for viewing.
    Don't know of a tattoo artist in San Jose but I would say you are on the right track to locate a talented artist who can create something that will move you to ink. Let us know what you decide on. I agree, the phoenix is a powerful symbol of strength, courage and survival!
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000

Take a pic when it's ready for viewing.
    Don't know of a tattoo artist in San Jose but I would say you are on the right track to locate a talented artist who can create something that will move you to ink. Let us know what you decide on. I agree, the phoenix is a powerful symbol of strength, courage and survival!

I don't have any tattoos but
    I don't have any tattoos but it sounds like you have a great idea for one. Good luck and take a pic of it when you decide.
  • deerello
    deerello Member Posts: 22
    tattoo
    I have thought about a tattoo as well once I am finished with treatment. I already have some, and if going into recovery is not a good reason I don't know what is! But I had another thought as well. What if someone could collaberate with a reputable tattoo studio/artist and create a series of designs with a portion of profits to go toward breast cancer research? How would I get that from an idea to a plan? Like the idea of the phoenix, though.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    deerello said:

tattoo
    I have thought about a tattoo as well once I am finished with treatment. I already have some, and if going into recovery is not a good reason I don't know what is! But I had another thought as well. What if someone could collaberate with a reputable tattoo studio/artist and create a series of designs with a portion of profits to go toward breast cancer research? How would I get that from an idea to a plan? Like the idea of the phoenix, though.

bumping up ..