can ovc spread to the breast

garden gal
garden gal Member Posts: 212 Member
Hello I have ovc and just was told that a mammagram that I had done that they want me to have an ultra sound. My question is can ovc spread to the breast? any info would be greatly appreciated. I have been battling ovc for 3 years now and am still on chemo. Feels like its always something to worry about. I posted on the ovc blog havn't heard anything yet. thanks Kathy

Comments

• Pam5
    Pam5 Member Posts: 232
    Oh Kathy
    I so hope the mammogram is clear. You just don't need to deal with more than you're dealing with. I will keep you in my prayers.

Take care,
    Pam
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Pam5 said:

Oh Kathy
    I so hope the mammogram is clear. You just don't need to deal with more than you're dealing with. I will keep you in my prayers.

Take care,
    Pam

God Bless...
    I can't answer your question with certainty but there is a pink sister on this board who had ovarian cancer and now has breast cancer....for the life of me I can't remember her screen name....chemo brain....hopefully someone will chime in with her name...I hope this turns out to be nothing...

Keep us posted, we care....
    Hugs, Nancy
  • garden gal
    MAJW said:

God Bless...
    I can't answer your question with certainty but there is a pink sister on this board who had ovarian cancer and now has breast cancer....for the life of me I can't remember her screen name....chemo brain....hopefully someone will chime in with her name...I hope this turns out to be nothing...

Hugs, Nancy

Thanks
    will keep you posted. they want to do a ultra sound but thats not until may 18, long time to wait. I'm going to be talking to my onc. today hopefully I will get more answers and maybe she can push the date up for me. thanks for the replys Kathy
  • taiga
    taiga Member Posts: 75 Member
    ovarian and breast cancer
    I was dx. with OV in July 2010. I was just finishing up treatment in a clinical trial, GOG-252, at Thanksgiving last year. The trial included a year's worth of Avastin every 3 weeks. Just before my last Avastin treatment, I was dx. with breast cancer. I tested negative for the BRCA and BART mutation. Ironic, since Avastin is actually a breast cancer drug they are testing for use with ovarian. Sooo, I just finished 6 cycles of chemo for the breast cancer and a week ago had a double masectomy with tissue expanders. My breast cancer was ER+, HER2+++, so I will be continuing on Herceptin for a year. So one word of advice, don't forget those other parts of your body when you are dealing with a specific kind of cancer. In my case, I have extremely dense breast tissue. I had a mammogram a month before finding the 2.5cm tumor myself. It didn't show up on the diagnostic mammogram either, only the ultrasound and MRI. Get a copy of your mammogram report and see how they describe your breast tissue. Good luck and keep us advised as to your results.
  • eihtak
    eihtak Member Posts: 1,473 Member
    taiga said:

ovarian and breast cancer
    I was dx. with OV in July 2010. I was just finishing up treatment in a clinical trial, GOG-252, at Thanksgiving last year. The trial included a year's worth of Avastin every 3 weeks. Just before my last Avastin treatment, I was dx. with breast cancer. I tested negative for the BRCA and BART mutation. Ironic, since Avastin is actually a breast cancer drug they are testing for use with ovarian. Sooo, I just finished 6 cycles of chemo for the breast cancer and a week ago had a double masectomy with tissue expanders. My breast cancer was ER+, HER2+++, so I will be continuing on Herceptin for a year. So one word of advice, don't forget those other parts of your body when you are dealing with a specific kind of cancer. In my case, I have extremely dense breast tissue. I had a mammogram a month before finding the 2.5cm tumor myself. It didn't show up on the diagnostic mammogram either, only the ultrasound and MRI. Get a copy of your mammogram report and see how they describe your breast tissue. Good luck and keep us advised as to your results.

Great advice
    I have heard ovarion cancer and breast cancer described as "sister cancers". I am a little over 1yr. post treatment for Anal cancer and in March of this year had a double mastectomy for a rare breast cancer. The breast cancer was diagnosed on the PET scan for the anal cancer. I was also told after previous mammograms that I have dense breast tissue. There is a relationship with HPV in many of these cancers also. Good luck, our prayers will be with you as your plate is full!!
  • garden gal
    eihtak said:

Great advice
    I have heard ovarion cancer and breast cancer described as "sister cancers". I am a little over 1yr. post treatment for Anal cancer and in March of this year had a double mastectomy for a rare breast cancer. The breast cancer was diagnosed on the PET scan for the anal cancer. I was also told after previous mammograms that I have dense breast tissue. There is a relationship with HPV in many of these cancers also. Good luck, our prayers will be with you as your plate is full!!

Good news
    its not breast cancer and the ovca has not spread. Its a lymph node close to my chest that they saw which we already knew about. my onc just called and told me to go ahead with the ultra sound if I wanted too, which I will, but nothing new to worry about for now. Thanks so much for all the posts and info it realy meant a lot to me. will keep in touch Kathy
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    MAJW said:

God Bless...

Hugs, Nancy

I don't know, but, I will be
    I don't know, but, I will be praying that you get clean results with your mammo.

Hugs, Megan