I'm just back from Kaua'i

missrenee
missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
and checking on my pink sisters (and brothers) here. I am so sorry to see all the newbies in just a little over 2 weeks' time. But, as you probably have already seen, you've come to the right place for questions, advice, encouragement, and an enormous amount of love and caring.

To all those who are struggling--my prayer list just gets added to. I did many meditations staring at the beautiful ocean for all of you--sending each of you postive energy and asking God to keep you all in his loving arms.

The trip was wonderful--more wonderful than ever before (and this was our 6th trip there). I think even though my new diagnosis (bone mets) isn't so great, my life has become filled with more quality moments than I've ever had. Things I might have passed over lightly before are no longer taken for granted, but savored and enjoyed--a beautiful sunset, a bird's song, a hug and smile from my husband, feeling the rain on my skin, floating in the warm ocean, gazing at a beautiful rainbow, feeling the sand between my toes.

I'm going to try to live this way now even when I'm not on vacation.

Hugs and love, Renee

Comments

• Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Tropical Paradise
    Renee... so glad you and your husband were able to go to that paradise island called Hawaii! You two picked a beautiful place to relax, unwind, and enjoy nature. Your description of your trip took me away for a moment. Thanks for the share.
  • debi.18
    debi.18 Member Posts: 850 Member
    Kauai
    I just love Kauai! We were in Hawaii a few years ago and Kauai was my favorite island. It's the most beautiful place I've ever been to! Looking forward to going again some time!

I love what you said:
    "Things I might have passed over lightly before are no longer taken for granted, but savored and enjoyed" Even though I would not wish this nasty beast on anyone - it has made me change my outlook on life - I no longer sweat the small stuff!

Thanks!!
    Hugs, Debi
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member

Tropical Paradise
    Renee... so glad you and your husband were able to go to that paradise island called Hawaii! You two picked a beautiful place to relax, unwind, and enjoy nature. Your description of your trip took me away for a moment. Thanks for the share.

Welcome home!
    Sounds wonderful and thank you for the reminder to savor moments.

Your granddaughter is coming soon, isn't she?

xoxo
    Victoria
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Hi Renee,
    I am so glad to hear from you. I've been thinking about you. Glad you had a great vacation. Now you have something else to look forward to......the arrival of that grandbaby!

xoxo,
    Jean
  • grams2jc
    grams2jc Member Posts: 756
    Glad you had a wonderful trip!
    I am with the other ladies, when is the grandbaby coming? We need a countdown!

Jennifer
  • camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Glad you had a wonderful time. It is amazing how different we can look at things now. I was just out on the patio looking at the full moon and it was amazing how beautiful the cloud patterns are in the sky against the light of the moon. That is something I probably wouldn't have noticed before, because I was always in a hurry, working full time and all the overtime I could, then rushing to still get everything done.

Funny thing is, today, I couldn't even tell you what most of those important things were. But I sure do feel that I appreciate so much more today, even when I am feeling shi**y!
  • eihtak
    eihtak Member Posts: 1,473 Member
    camul said:

Glad you had a wonderful time. It is amazing how different we can look at things now. I was just out on the patio looking at the full moon and it was amazing how beautiful the cloud patterns are in the sky against the light of the moon. That is something I probably wouldn't have noticed before, because I was always in a hurry, working full time and all the overtime I could, then rushing to still get everything done.

Funny thing is, today, I couldn't even tell you what most of those important things were. But I sure do feel that I appreciate so much more today, even when I am feeling shi**y!

Agree
    I know exactly what you mean. I think some friends didn't quite understand the other day when I said, " next to my family, having cancer seems in some ways to be one of the greatest blessings in my life".....It has given me a much deeper appreciation for many things. (Keep in mind I said in SOME ways)
  • SIROD
    SIROD Member Posts: 2,194 Member
    Welcome Back Renee
    Glad that you had a wonderful, restful respite at one of the loveliest places on this planet. May you continue to have years of serenity for you also live in a beautiful state.

Best,

Doris
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    debi.18 said:

Kauai
    I just love Kauai! We were in Hawaii a few years ago and Kauai was my favorite island. It's the most beautiful place I've ever been to! Looking forward to going again some time!

I love what you said:
    "Things I might have passed over lightly before are no longer taken for granted, but savored and enjoyed" Even though I would not wish this nasty beast on anyone - it has made me change my outlook on life - I no longer sweat the small stuff!

Thanks!!
    Hugs, Debi

Welcome home Renee. It
    Welcome home Renee. It sounds like you had a wonderful time which you so deserved.

Hugs, Lex
  • epark
    epark Member Posts: 339
    SIROD said:

Welcome Back Renee
    Glad that you had a wonderful, restful respite at one of the loveliest places on this planet. May you continue to have years of serenity for you also live in a beautiful state.

Best,

Doris

That was said
    That was said beautifully...I'm so happy you had a wonderful time... I know for me sometimes I forget what’s important and what really matters in life...Thanks Renee for sharing...

God Bless
    Eva
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    epark said:

That was said
    That was said beautifully...I'm so happy you had a wonderful time... I know for me sometimes I forget what’s important and what really matters in life...Thanks Renee for sharing...

God Bless
    Eva

Thrilled that you and your husband enjoyed
    your vacation. Nothing like leaving town to rejuvenate your heart, mind and soul.

Life is precious .. like you stated. Let's all try to live in the moment, and enjoy
    all that our World has to offer each of us.

Vicki Sam
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    eihtak said:

Agree
    I know exactly what you mean. I think some friends didn't quite understand the other day when I said, " next to my family, having cancer seems in some ways to be one of the greatest blessings in my life".....It has given me a much deeper appreciation for many things. (Keep in mind I said in SOME ways)

Your trip sounds amazing! I
    Your trip sounds amazing! I am so happy that you and your hubby got to go. You sound refreshed!

Hugs, Kylez