back pain

Just wondering the symptoms people felt after a stem cell transplant? My dad had his and is home now, but he has a bad back ache and I just fear it is the cancer causing the pain. He won't get a pet scan for a month.

Comments

• diazr1
    diazr1 Member Posts: 101
    I had the same issue
    For me it was when it was cold or in cold rooms. If its in the marrow biopsies area then tell him I had the same
  • diazr1
    diazr1 Member Posts: 101
    I had the same issue
    For me it was when it was cold or in cold rooms. If its in the marrow biopsies area then tell him I had the same
  • anliperez915
    anliperez915 Member Posts: 770
    Hi TrustinJesus
    Hi TrustinJesus,
    I've been having back pain for months now, I already told my Onc about it and in a few weeks I'm having some test done (not sure which ones yet). I haven't had a SCT and I just went through some Rituxan treatment in Feb. of this year but I've had this pain since before we started treatment. After I had treatment it got worse and hasn't gotten better. Did your dad have pain before treatment? I also feel the same way as you about the cancer doing a number on me! I'm just gonna have to wait as well for the upcoming test to find out the reason for my pain. I'm wondering if your dad feels lots of pressure and heaviness on part of his sacrum and sometimes middle back, does he also feel a sharp stabbing pain? It's really difficult to explain this pain but its really annoying since I can't sit, stand, or walk for long periods of time. Hopefully your dad will get his answers soon and he gets the pain taken care of! Take care of yourself and your dad (((Hugs)))

Sincerely,
    Liz
  • trustinJesus
    trustinJesus Member Posts: 59

Hi TrustinJesus
    Hi TrustinJesus,
    I've been having back pain for months now, I already told my Onc about it and in a few weeks I'm having some test done (not sure which ones yet). I haven't had a SCT and I just went through some Rituxan treatment in Feb. of this year but I've had this pain since before we started treatment. After I had treatment it got worse and hasn't gotten better. Did your dad have pain before treatment? I also feel the same way as you about the cancer doing a number on me! I'm just gonna have to wait as well for the upcoming test to find out the reason for my pain. I'm wondering if your dad feels lots of pressure and heaviness on part of his sacrum and sometimes middle back, does he also feel a sharp stabbing pain? It's really difficult to explain this pain but its really annoying since I can't sit, stand, or walk for long periods of time. Hopefully your dad will get his answers soon and he gets the pain taken care of! Take care of yourself and your dad (((Hugs)))

Sincerely,
    Liz

thanks for the feedback
    My dad got diagnosed in August 2011 and hasn't had any back pain until after his stem cell treatment. He got the pain while he was in the hospital. He never complains and he asked for something for the pain (so it must be pretty bad). We all thought maybe its from being stuck in the hospital bed for 3 weeks. The problem with my dad is he doesn't want us to worry so he always say he feels fine. He did have a severe pain in his side. He also couldn't get comfortable and that went away two days after they started the chemo. The doctor didn't give my dad very good odds of the stem cell treatment being successful. The day he went it to have the procedure done the Doc was already talking about the next donor transplant where he uses a sibling. Aggravating (sometimes doctors don't think about what they are saying to the patient). Anyway, thats why I'm worried about the pain. I want to believe its from the hospital bed, but I feel like its the cancer spreading. He also has a reaccuring rash on his forehead. Right now it is really irritated. I looked online and I'm hoping its from having low platelet counts during chemo. This whole process is making me crazy!!!