getting treatment

steveandnat
steveandnat Member Posts: 886
Was suppose to get treatment last week but platelets were too low. Today they came back so will get full load. Hopefully I will do better than I did 3 weeks ago. Pray everyone is well. Jeff

Comments

• LAF53
    LAF53 Member Posts: 60
    glad
    Glad platelets are back. I'll pray everything else goes well. Take care Jeff
    Lydia
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    LAF53 said:

glad
    Glad platelets are back. I'll pray everything else goes well. Take care Jeff
    Lydia

Praying Jeff!
    Good luck!
  • danker
    danker Member Posts: 1,276 Member
    steveandnat
    What are platelets? I am two years out from resection ,iliostomy,and reversal. Last colonoscopy was ned!! Had ct scan few months ago and still ned. Oncologist never mentioned platelets, or else I just don't recall it.
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    danker said:

steveandnat
    What are platelets? I am two years out from resection ,iliostomy,and reversal. Last colonoscopy was ned!! Had ct scan few months ago and still ned. Oncologist never mentioned platelets, or else I just don't recall it.

Platelets: Little tiny plates....
    "(platelet) A small colorless disk-shaped particle found in the blood of mammals, which plays an important role in the formation of blood clots".
    Your platelet count is determined by your CBC (complete blood count) that is done prior to treatments. Some people have problems with them, others don't.
    Hope that helps
    -phil
  • steveandnat
    steveandnat Member Posts: 886
    PhillieG said:

Platelets: Little tiny plates....
    "(platelet) A small colorless disk-shaped particle found in the blood of mammals, which plays an important role in the formation of blood clots".
    Your platelet count is determined by your CBC (complete blood count) that is done prior to treatments. Some people have problems with them, others don't.
    Hope that helps
    -phil

plateles count
    My plateletd have tobe over 100,000 or he wont give me chemo. I havebeen fortunate. In that mybody gien anextra week produces enoughplatelete. Jeff
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member

plateles count
    My plateletd have tobe over 100,000 or he wont give me chemo. I havebeen fortunate. In that mybody gien anextra week produces enoughplatelete. Jeff

85000 here jeff that's the limit for my onc.
    hugs!
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Plateletts
    Mine were always low after me starting my fifth treatment. Always asked if there was something that would bring them back up and they always stated "no." Sometimes taking that extra week is all you need. No need to fret about that extra week off chemo, because it keeps working long after you have finished. Good luck on your treatment and keep us informed.

Kim
  • Luckygirl2
    Luckygirl2 Member Posts: 308
    hope
    you have a better round this time.

deb