Hi... I had an excisional biopsy with a wire localization last friday. Waiting for my results...

pumpkincake
pumpkincake Member Posts: 1
I just feel pretty lost right at the moment. I haven't had any cancer issues at all and I am hoping it stays this way. But...realistically I am here for a reason.
I havent been able to think of anything else. I may hear from the BS today or tomorrow. I opted for a phone call when the results come in then I can discuss them with him on my post op appointment.

Just stressed and it is true that it is difficult to understand the stressors unless you have walked in these shoes. So I am whirling around...wasting my day today too stressed out.

I just wanted to say Hello...and hope to talk to some of you here.

Comments

• jessiesmom1
    jessiesmom1 Member Posts: 915 Member
    Welcome to the Club
    Welcome to the club that no one really wants to join. Whether this is the beginning of your breast cancer journey or a mere blip in the road, you have come to the right place for support and information. The ladies AND gentlemen on this site have a lot of experience to share. It makes you feel less alone when you know someone out there is going through or has already gone through what you are right now. Waiting for pathology results is always stressful. Your mind whirls with the what-ifs. Yes of course you should try to relax but I am all too aware that is not always so easy. Please let us know what happens when you get your pathology results. We will be better able to chime in with our advice/support/experiences then. Ask for a copy of the pathology report either via email or a hard copy. When under stress you don't always remember the details of what you are being told.

Good luck. Keep posting.

IRENE
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    I am hoping and praying also
    I am hoping and praying also that this will not be bc. I can understand your stress and worry, we all can.

Post when you hear something as we are all here to support and help you.

Hugs, Megan
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    Waiting is the worst
    and we worry way too much. Try to do some things you enjoy while waiting to make the time more pleasant. Be good to yourself. If and that is a big IF! If it is possible try not to worry. Worrying will not change a thing so it is a waste of time. And it is very hard not to worry. We will be here for you.
  • sdukowitz
    sdukowitz Member Posts: 250
    Waiting is awful ...... i
    Waiting is awful ...... i walked a lot outside aand cleaned a lot inside just to keep busy while waiting after biopsy and then again waiting for surgery to be done ........ keep us posted and know that we are all waiting with you.... try to stay active and busy ... prayers heading your way.... Sue D
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member

Waiting is the worst
    and we worry way too much. Try to do some things you enjoy while waiting to make the time more pleasant. Be good to yourself. If and that is a big IF! If it is possible try not to worry. Worrying will not change a thing so it is a waste of time. And it is very hard not to worry. We will be here for you.

Praying for good
    Praying for good results.

Hugs, Leeza
  • EveningStar2
    EveningStar2 Member Posts: 491 Member
    Any news?

Maureen
  • SIROD
    SIROD Member Posts: 2,194 Member
    Medical Records Department
    I never wait for any results, be it a biopsy, a ct or PET scans, MRI, ultrasound, and etc. You are entitled to the reports. Your insurance or you has paid for them.

Go to the medical records department at the hospital that the biopsy was done and ask for a copy of the results. They will ask for an ID to be certain you are you and then give you a paper to sign that states you want this for your records.

My oncologist never calls me, my appointment begins with the words, "you have read the results..." and then we discuss where we are going with it.

Then it is yours to read.

Best,

Doris
  • geanninem
    geanninem Member Posts: 14
    same place as you
    I was in the same place as you 2 weeks ago.. Unfortunely for me my results were not good.. I have ILC.. Now I am in the waiting mode getting more test & getting to all the DRs that I need to see to get my treatment underway. Its seems weeks turn to days, days turn to hours & hours to minutes & then it seems the oposite some times..
    I will be praying that your results come back neg & that you dont have to wait anymore..
    Geannine
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    SIROD said:

Medical Records Department
    I never wait for any results, be it a biopsy, a ct or PET scans, MRI, ultrasound, and etc. You are entitled to the reports. Your insurance or you has paid for them.

Go to the medical records department at the hospital that the biopsy was done and ask for a copy of the results. They will ask for an ID to be certain you are you and then give you a paper to sign that states you want this for your records.

My oncologist never calls me, my appointment begins with the words, "you have read the results..." and then we discuss where we are going with it.

Then it is yours to read.

Best,

Doris

I am praying for you.
    I am praying for you. Please post when you get your results.

Lex