An update of sorts

grams2jc
grams2jc Member Posts: 756
Started my new cycle of Xeloda today and this has been an easier day than the 1st round, 1st day. Couldn't figure out why my onc does 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off and when my WBC dropped like a stone last week I understood why. She doesn't like to use WBC boosters and was glad my count came back up without the need for transfusion. So she stopped my weekly CBCs cause my blood did what she thought it would. I have been feeling much better this past week, daughter says I look and sound more like her mom.

Today was a big day, spent 2 hours with my daugher getting kids pix taken, then because my count was within normal limits we snuck off for a pedicure. I am so lazy I hate doing my own toes, and they have eliminated the ingrown nails I was plagued with all of my life. And, no nap today!

Now we will see if I can get out of bed tomorrow....sometimes when you play you pay...but I think it was worth it.

Jennifer

Comments

• Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Time with the family and a
    Time with the family and a pedi! Sounds like a wonderful day, and well worth what the cost might be. I'm glad you're doing well.

Hugs,

Linda
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294

Time with the family and a pedi! Sounds like a wonderful day, and well worth what the cost might be. I'm glad you're doing well.

Hugs,

Linda

Jennifer family time is always fun
    I am glad that you are feeling better.Keep enjoying quality time with your family!
    Hugs
  • SIROD
    SIROD Member Posts: 2,194 Member
    Xeloda
    Am happy to read that Xeloda is working out and hoping that you will have another full day of fun tomorrow.

Best,

Doris
  • Nana C.
    Nana C. Member Posts: 108

Hugs,

Linda

Some things are worth the cost!
    When I with my GrandchildreN I always know I will pay the next Day! It is always worth it though, thats what we all fight so hard for is life! Glad you had a great day!
  • MsGebby
    MsGebby Member Posts: 659
    Glad to hear
    you are feeling better. I bet those pictures will be so sweet!!!

Get some fresh air and enjoy your family.

xoxo

Mary
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598

I am glad that you are feeling better.Keep enjoying quality time with your family!
    Hugs

So glad you are doing better
    So glad you are doing better Jennifer. Enjoy your family as I know they do you!

Hugs, Lex
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598

Hugs

So glad you are doing better
    So glad you are doing better Jennifer. Enjoy your family as I know they do you!

Hugs, Lex
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    SIROD said:

Xeloda
    Am happy to read that Xeloda is working out and hoping that you will have another full day of fun tomorrow.

Best,

Doris

So happy that the Xeloda is
    So happy that the Xeloda is doing its job for you Jennifer. Wishing you a zillion days like this one!

Hugs, Angie
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    MsGebby said:

Glad to hear
    you are feeling better. I bet those pictures will be so sweet!!!

Get some fresh air and enjoy your family.

xoxo

Mary

Jennifer .. You do what you have to -- so you
    regain your strength, allow WBC to rebound.

Time with family, friends and loved ones is so important to our health, mind and
    soul.

Thank you for providing us with an update.

Prayers and Gentle hugs for you.

Vicki Sam
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    VickiSam said:

Jennifer .. You do what you have to -- so you
    regain your strength, allow WBC to rebound.

Time with family, friends and loved ones is so important to our health, mind and
    soul.

Thank you for providing us with an update.

Prayers and Gentle hugs for you.

Vicki Sam

What a perfect day! Thanks
    What a perfect day! Thanks for the update and I will be praying and hoping that this chemo will continue to work with no side effects.

Sue :)
  • butterflylvr
    butterflylvr Member Posts: 944
    Ritzy said:

What a perfect day! Thanks
    What a perfect day! Thanks for the update and I will be praying and hoping that this chemo will continue to work with no side effects.

Sue :)

You are an amazing mother
    You are an amazing mother and grandmother ~ enjoy that beautiful family. ♥

♥ you girl,
    Lorrie

Is Howie still doing okay? LOL
  • SlowRollin
    SlowRollin Member Posts: 75

You are an amazing mother
    You are an amazing mother and grandmother ~ enjoy that beautiful family. ♥

♥ you girl,
    Lorrie

Is Howie still doing okay? LOL

Good news
    Always nice to hear you're doing better. Taking a little longer to get up after a nice day out is worth it.

And I'm certain you've heard it a thousand times, but you have a stunning picture in your avatar. Beautiful B&W!

Take care,

Tony
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member

Good news
    Always nice to hear you're doing better. Taking a little longer to get up after a nice day out is worth it.

And I'm certain you've heard it a thousand times, but you have a stunning picture in your avatar. Beautiful B&W!

Take care,

Tony

I always include you
    I always include you Jennifer in my prayers. You are always so supportive of others even though you are going through some very rough times.

Your family is lucky to have you as are we to have you as our pink sister.

Hugs, Kylez
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Kylez said:

I always include you
    I always include you Jennifer in my prayers. You are always so supportive of others even though you are going through some very rough times.

Your family is lucky to have you as are we to have you as our pink sister.

Hugs, Kylez

You certainly are beautiful
    You certainly are beautiful Jennifer. Praying for you and keep enjoying your wonderful family.

Hugs, Noel