Drumroll......... **** UPDATE ****

idlehunters
idlehunters Member Posts: 1,787 Member
edited May 2012 in Colorectal Cancer #1
At St. Louis Univ Hosp NOW getting PET scan. Will have results by 3:00pm TODAY! So I will know if I am still NED or...... NOT :-( Keep your fingers crossed! Let ya'll know later!!

Jennie

UPDATE.......

Sorry to keep you all waiting..... NOT good news. :-(
It appears I am now dealing with recurrence #4. I knew when my CEA started rising it was not good as that is always a good indicator for me. I was quite bummed at first....cried a little....asked myself the same "why me?" questions .....and then went into survival mode.

I have 4 new mets..... 2 in each lung.... 1-2cm.... Minimal uptake.... The bad thing is one of the mets is in the Hilum area of the lung and that is an area that cannot be operated on or no RFA there (supposedly) that's the opinion of the rad onc. I cannot and will not have any more Cyberknife as I have too much scar tissue in my lungs from previous treatments and pnemonias. I had a pulmonary function test this morning before my PET scan and it shows too much function loss to lose any more to scar tissue so no Cyberknife for sure.

I have been on Vectibix for several months....almost 7.... And I feel that this has kept things to a minimum but not GONE....obviously. I see my Onc on Tuesday and we will be discussing a new Chemo plan. He may want to take me off Vectibix or just add to it. I have very mixed feelings about this. I could go back and try Folfiri again since I have been off of it so long it may work again.... OR...I could try Folfox...never been on that....but that crap scares the crap outta me....PERMANENT nerve damage is what freaks me out.... I will inquire about that new drug that is due out...the one that starts with a Rog.....? have to look that up. I am also going to get a second opinion on what I can do about that met to the Hilum area. From Sloan..or Texas at Craig's people...or maybe elsewhere...not sure where...just sure I will be seeking more opinions. I have a lot to think about and decisions to make but I am definitely back in the fight again.I have had a nice "vacation" while being NED and I am grateful for that.

I also started TCM a few months back and I don't think it has really had enough time yet to work the way I was hoping and my TCM doc is still tweaking my herbel treatments so I will be seeing him Monday for a new course of action to aide the attack!

This is what being stage IV is all about.... You fall down...YOU GET UP....you fall down...YOU GET UP..... The hard part is keeping a smile on your face!

Many of you know I lost my brother in law Wednesday to a stroke. He and my sister had been together almost 44 years.... He just turned 60. We bury him tomorrow. I will focus on that for now..... But next week?????? WATCH OUT CANCER...... I'M GONNA KICK YOUR ARSE!!!! :-). Now THAT makes me smile

Love you guys!!!
Jennie

Comments

• Vickilg
    Vickilg Member Posts: 281 Member
    Big Hug
    Praying for you and wishing you the best news ever!
  • toyfox
    toyfox Member Posts: 158 Member
    fingers crossed
    Fingers crossed
    Wishing you the best.
    Linda
  • smokeyjoe
    smokeyjoe Member Posts: 1,425 Member
    toyfox said:

fingers crossed
    Fingers crossed
    Wishing you the best.
    Linda

Best wishes for a great scan
    Best wishes for a great scan :)
  • jasminsaba
    jasminsaba Member Posts: 157 Member
    Thinking of you ...
    and praying for GREAT NEWS this afternoon. Sending you best wishes and lots of positive energy.
  • steveandnat
    steveandnat Member Posts: 886
    good feeling
    Praying your scans are great...have a good feeling. Jeff
  • janderson1964
    janderson1964 Member Posts: 2,215 Member
    I am praying that you will
    I am praying that you will remainNED.
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member

I am praying that you will
    I am praying that you will remainNED.

Praying for excelent results Jenny !
    Hugs!
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    "X"

"X"
  • LAF53
    LAF53 Member Posts: 60
    Jennie
    Hoping for only the best.

Lydia
  • relaxoutdoors08
    relaxoutdoors08 Member Posts: 521 Member
    Praying for Good Results on Scans
    You have our prayers and positive thoughts. Have a good lunch while you wait and catch you later for good news.
    NB
  • Cathleen Mary
    Cathleen Mary Member Posts: 827 Member

Praying for Good Results on Scans
    You have our prayers and positive thoughts. Have a good lunch while you wait and catch you later for good news.
    NB

Jennie

We have your back. Prayers and best wishes for NED...our best friend.

Cathleen Mary
  • Semira
    Semira Member Posts: 381 Member
    All the best
    All the best wishes from germany!
  • lauragb
    lauragb Member Posts: 370 Member
    Fingers, arms, legs,....are
    Fingers, arms, legs,....are crossed in support of your NEDness. Prayers your way too. It's 2:45, hope you already know you are NED.

Laura
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Praying that you get that great news once again. We will be waiting.

Kim
  • jjaj133
    jjaj133 Member Posts: 867 Member
    Jennie, it is 9 pm. I am a
    Jennie, it is 9 pm. I am a wreck. Praying you are celebrating.
    Hugs, Judy
  • smokeyjoe
    smokeyjoe Member Posts: 1,425 Member
    jjaj133 said:

Jennie, it is 9 pm. I am a
    Jennie, it is 9 pm. I am a wreck. Praying you are celebrating.
    Hugs, Judy

Judy I'm with you, I logged
    Judy I'm with you, I logged on here to check Jennies update.
  • Varmint5
    Varmint5 Member Posts: 384 Member
    Fingers crossed here
    And prayers sent up - hoping to hear back from you that you got good news.

Sandy
  • Varmint5
    Varmint5 Member Posts: 384 Member
    Oops
    Posted twice. Sorry.
  • wolfen
    wolfen Member Posts: 1,324 Member
    Varmint5 said:

Fingers crossed here
    And prayers sent up - hoping to hear back from you that you got good news.

Sandy

Jennie
    Also sitting here and worrying about you. Hope all is good.

Luv,

Wolfen
  • Luckygirl2
    Luckygirl2 Member Posts: 308
    praying
    praying from Arkansas you had a great report