next steps

Semira
Semira Member Posts: 381 Member
Thorsten had his blood checked today. Everything ok, so next week he will get his last round of chemo (for now?). Time to think about next steps...

The ileostomy takedown is planned for june 26th if all scans and checks which will be done he week before are clear. Phew, I already feel my fears rising that they will discover some new mets somewhere... But I think that's normal ?!

After his chemo is finished and before the next steps start we will enjoy 2 weeks of vacation... first some days in Maastricht (Netherlands) and then one week in the north of France. We have lent a nice little House in Normandy http://www.gites-de-france.com/location-vacances-paluel-gite-la-prairie-,gites76_b2012.1.G1136.G.html

Hughs
Petra

Comments

• steveandnat
    steveandnat Member Posts: 886
    enjoy every minute
    You have the right idea to enjoy every minute of the good days. I know you all will appreciate your vacation. Will be thinking about you and your get away days. Bless you. Jeff
  • Semira

enjoy every minute
    You have the right idea to enjoy every minute of the good days. I know you all will appreciate your vacation. Will be thinking about you and your get away days. Bless you. Jeff

Thanks Jeff
    We really try to live this "enjoy everey good day" thing, but still are learning how :-)

I think sometimes we all wish we had a "switch" in our heads just to switch off any dark thoughts...

wish you a pleasant sunny weekend
    Petra
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Petra
    Go enjoy the heck out of that vacation, it sounds just wonderful. I'm sure the scans will be fine!
    Winter Marie
  • swimmer22
    swimmer22 Member Posts: 60

Petra
    Go enjoy the heck out of that vacation, it sounds just wonderful. I'm sure the scans will be fine!
    Winter Marie

Enjoy your vacation
    Petra-

I am about on the same schedule, completing my last of 12 post surgery treatments three weeks ago. I had all of my scans this week (came back all clear) and am schedule for my ileostomy reversal the second week of June. It's great being off chemotherapy and I finally am getting my energy levels back after just 3 weeks. Enjoy your vacation!
  • Semira
    swimmer22 said:

Enjoy your vacation
    Petra-

I am about on the same schedule, completing my last of 12 post surgery treatments three weeks ago. I had all of my scans this week (came back all clear) and am schedule for my ileostomy reversal the second week of June. It's great being off chemotherapy and I finally am getting my energy levels back after just 3 weeks. Enjoy your vacation!

Hey swimmer....
    ... seems you an Thorsten are doing some synchronized swimming :-)
    Ok, you are 2 weeks ahead which gives us the chance to ask you lots of curious questions. Just kidding :-) . But glad to hear your energy is coming back so you may even swim faster :-)

Go for it
  • smokeyjoe
    smokeyjoe Member Posts: 1,425 Member
    Semira said:

Hey swimmer....
    ... seems you an Thorsten are doing some synchronized swimming :-)
    Ok, you are 2 weeks ahead which gives us the chance to ask you lots of curious questions. Just kidding :-) . But glad to hear your energy is coming back so you may even swim faster :-)

Go for it

It sounds like you have a
    It sounds like you have a wonderful vacation planned, enjoy :)
  • tommycat
    tommycat Member Posts: 790 Member
    What a pleasant getaway you
    What a pleasant getaway you two planned....and this time of year it will be light 22 out of 24 hours right?
    Can just imagine it..........enjoy Petra :)
  • Semira
    tommycat said:

What a pleasant getaway you
    What a pleasant getaway you two planned....and this time of year it will be light 22 out of 24 hours right?
    Can just imagine it..........enjoy Petra :)

Nooo Tommycat not Norway :-)
    Just Normandy in the North of France. There we'll have only the usual hours of daylight... 5:30 am - 21:00 pm I guess