Anybody want a brand new PEG Tube belt?.....FREE

Options
phrannie51
phrannie51 Member Posts: 4,716
I got the one I ordered, and it appears I'm going to have to do my shopping in the pediatric ward :). This one fits 30" to 34" (they didn't mention that part in the ad). I can see what a handy-dandy thing it is, just that I can't keep it up where it belongs.

PM me, and I'll get it into the mail.

p

Comments

• D Lewis
    D Lewis Member Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Never used one.
    I had a longer PEG tube, because I used a feeding pump at night. I was able to coil the tube into a little loop, tape it to itself, and tuck the end of it up under my bra band in the front. Seemed easier than adding something around my waist.

Showering was a pain, though, because it hung down so low. Pam M admits she fashioned a necklace from dental floss, and suspended it from her neck in the shower. Go Pam.

Don't try to keep it taped to your skin with surgical tape - it gets really irritating over time, and the adhesive is a bit hard to remove from skin.

Deb
  • phrannie51
    Options
    D Lewis said:

Never used one.
    I had a longer PEG tube, because I used a feeding pump at night. I was able to coil the tube into a little loop, tape it to itself, and tuck the end of it up under my bra band in the front. Seemed easier than adding something around my waist.

Showering was a pain, though, because it hung down so low. Pam M admits she fashioned a necklace from dental floss, and suspended it from her neck in the shower. Go Pam.

Don't try to keep it taped to your skin with surgical tape - it gets really irritating over time, and the adhesive is a bit hard to remove from skin.

Deb

I was doing great with the bra action....
    until I started going for amiphostine everyday....can't wear a bra (or even a pullover shirt) during the 3 or 4 hours it takes to do that, go to rads and get home, so I was looping it down and up in the waist band of my pants. That works ok, except I have to constantly keep track of it, so it doesn't slip all the way down my pant leg.

p
  • D Lewis
    Options

I was doing great with the bra action....
    until I started going for amiphostine everyday....can't wear a bra (or even a pullover shirt) during the 3 or 4 hours it takes to do that, go to rads and get home, so I was looping it down and up in the waist band of my pants. That works ok, except I have to constantly keep track of it, so it doesn't slip all the way down my pant leg.

p

surgical tape
    You can use surgical tape on the tube; coil it in a loop or loops and secure it to itself with tape. It's easier to tuck into your waistband that way. And if it pops out, it won't uncoil all the way down your pant leg.
  • phrannie51
    Options
    D Lewis said:

surgical tape
    You can use surgical tape on the tube; coil it in a loop or loops and secure it to itself with tape. It's easier to tuck into your waistband that way. And if it pops out, it won't uncoil all the way down your pant leg.

LOL....nobody has ever called me mechanically
    brilliant :)...I feel so duh! Yep, the tape works like a charm. Thanks Deb...all I could think of before, was taping it to myself, and I didn't like that one bit...

p
  • phrannie51
    Options
    D Lewis said:

surgical tape

LOL....nobody has ever called me mechanically
    brilliant :)...I feel so duh! Yep, the tape works like a charm. Thanks Deb...all I could think of before, was taping it to myself, and I didn't like that one bit...

p
  • phrannie51
    Options
    D Lewis said:

surgical tape

A man! double post!
    yikes
  • Pam M
    Pam M Member Posts: 2,196
    Options
    Tube "Minders"
    I used tape at first, then developed issues with tape - argh. I bought a pack of ID clips (like you use to attach to an ID card, then clip onto your shirt or whatever, and attached the clip part to the end of my tube. I, too, used the tube-in-the-bra "storage" method with great success - on days I wore a front-hook bra, I could then clip the tube to my bra without trauma. You could also clip the thing to a shirt instead of bra. I clipped it to my dental floss necklace (this started out as a plastic hawaiian lei, but the lei became too rough)for showers. Yes, I know you're not supposed to shower with a picc line in - I never said I was a perfect patient.

Now where can we get tube tops? - I thought during treatment that one of those around the waist would be great.
  • Greend
    Greend Member Posts: 678
    Options

A man! double post!
    yikes

Paper Tape
    I use 3M paper tape I buy online. The Johnson and Johnson just didn't hold as well. Be thankful you don't have chest hair. :>)
  • D Lewis
    Options
    Pam M said:

Tube "Minders"
    I used tape at first, then developed issues with tape - argh. I bought a pack of ID clips (like you use to attach to an ID card, then clip onto your shirt or whatever, and attached the clip part to the end of my tube. I, too, used the tube-in-the-bra "storage" method with great success - on days I wore a front-hook bra, I could then clip the tube to my bra without trauma. You could also clip the thing to a shirt instead of bra. I clipped it to my dental floss necklace (this started out as a plastic hawaiian lei, but the lei became too rough)for showers. Yes, I know you're not supposed to shower with a picc line in - I never said I was a perfect patient.

Now where can we get tube tops? - I thought during treatment that one of those around the waist would be great.

Tube Tops!
    Oh my goodness I haven't seen one of those in more than 20 years! Talk about something REALLY going out of style.

Mine was fluorescent orange. Says mid 1970's to me.

Deb
  • phrannie51
    Options
    D Lewis said:

Tube Tops!
    Oh my goodness I haven't seen one of those in more than 20 years! Talk about something REALLY going out of style.

Mine was fluorescent orange. Says mid 1970's to me.

Deb

OMG....I'll bet money if I dig to the bottom of
    my underwear drawer I can find a tube top...LOL. I just ended up taping it to itself, tucking into my pants during the week......back to the bra on the weekends. But now I'm on a mission to see if I still have one tube to my name.

p
  • sweetblood22
    sweetblood22 Member Posts: 3,228
    Options
    Tube tops
    Those tube top stretch netting this is what I wore with mine. I just got mine at the hospital when I got my tube checked or had an appointment. They work great. You just have to make sure they cut the section wide enough for you. I usually had three or four for in my rotation. They are washable and reusable. I let them air dry, not dryer. I even wore them in the shower.