stage 3c for 3 years and 4 months...recent CT scan shows spots on my liver...

It hurts to eat...side is somewhat painful, but do not need meds...can anyone tell me what to watch out for? I read a lot of things, but a lot of it I do not have and some things I do....do not know what to think...doctor is watching it...instead of going every 6 months...I go back to the doctor in 2 months...what are symptoms of cancer getting to the liver. Please help.

Comments

• Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Hi
    Sorry to hear of your new results.

Have you considered getting a second opinion?

If you are already on chemo and have new "spots" it may be that the current drugs have stopped working.

You might also ask your doc why the wait.

There are other options other than chemo, depending on your overall situation.

Second opinion would be my choice based on what you shared.
  • janie1
    janie1 Member Posts: 753 Member
    did
    Did you tell your doctor about the pain? If yes, then not sure why you would have to wait 2 months until next appointment.
    What does the doctor think is going on? How many spots, how large?
    One can have many tumors in the liver and have no symtoms. So with you having pain, I would push to have other tests.
    Need more info. Find another doctor, perhaps?
  • gophergenius
    gophergenius Member Posts: 33

Hi
    Sorry to hear of your new results.

Have you considered getting a second opinion?

If you are already on chemo and have new "spots" it may be that the current drugs have stopped working.

You might also ask your doc why the wait.

There are other options other than chemo, depending on your overall situation.

Second opinion would be my choice based on what you shared.

Thanks for the reply...
    I should have been a bit more clear...diagnosed 3 years 4 months ago...stage 3c did the surgery, 6 months chemo...NED ever since....just came in for the "check up"...CT scan came back and this is the first time there has ever been any spots anywhere...everyone used to tell me...if you get through the first 2 years cancer free...your chances of cancer recurring are low...just has surprised me now and I am worried...
  • gophergenius
    janie1 said:

did
    Did you tell your doctor about the pain? If yes, then not sure why you would have to wait 2 months until next appointment.
    What does the doctor think is going on? How many spots, how large?
    One can have many tumors in the liver and have no symtoms. So with you having pain, I would push to have other tests.
    Need more info. Find another doctor, perhaps?

Doc called me back..
    Doc called and let me know about the scan...asked if I was in any pain, anything unusual, any different. That was over a week ago...I was not hurting at all...just felt a little pressure under the rib cage...like gas or something...I told the doctor...no pain or anything. In the past week, it feels like if I eat anything (healthy fruits, vegetable, whole grains) I kind of swell up...if I am standing or walking I am fine...but the spot on the liver has really upset me. I moved and was "starting over".
  • Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member

Doc called me back..
    Doc called and let me know about the scan...asked if I was in any pain, anything unusual, any different. That was over a week ago...I was not hurting at all...just felt a little pressure under the rib cage...like gas or something...I told the doctor...no pain or anything. In the past week, it feels like if I eat anything (healthy fruits, vegetable, whole grains) I kind of swell up...if I am standing or walking I am fine...but the spot on the liver has really upset me. I moved and was "starting over".

Hi
    Here is a list I got off the net regarding foods which cause gas:

•Apples
    •Artichokes
    •Asparagus
    •Beans
    •Broccoli
    •Brussel Sprouts
    •Cabbage
    •Cheese
    •Corn
    •Fruit Drinks
    •Ice Cream
    •Milk and Milk Products
    •Onions
    •Pasta
    •Peaches
    •Pears
    •Potatoes
    •Prunes
    •Soft Drinks
    •Whole Wheat
  • Hi

•Apples
    •Artichokes
    •Asparagus
    •Beans
    •Broccoli
    •Brussel Sprouts
    •Cabbage
    •Cheese
    •Corn
    •Fruit Drinks
    •Ice Cream
    •Milk and Milk Products
    •Onions
    •Pasta
    •Peaches
    •Pears
    •Potatoes
    •Prunes
    •Soft Drinks
    •Whole Wheat

This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member
    I have rising cea no spots, I am on a vegan Bush retreat, no fruit, dairy, meat.
    When getting opinions research lifestyle interventions, I figure the odds with conventional suck, so I am trying a few extras.
    Life is great, I pray whatever you try works.
    Hugs,
    Pete
  • here4lfe
    here4lfe Member Posts: 306 Member
    Pain is bad
    Get someone to look at it, now. And don't fall for the easy answers like indigestion, constipation, gas, etc. My wife developed an abscess on her liver which took 6 weeks to drain, treat and heal.

Best.
  • gophergenius
    here4lfe said:

Pain is bad
    Get someone to look at it, now. And don't fall for the easy answers like indigestion, constipation, gas, etc. My wife developed an abscess on her liver which took 6 weeks to drain, treat and heal.

Best.

thanks everyone...
    I find if I eat small amounts it is not bad at all..I can eat anything...but if I eat a lot at one time...later my abdomen gets kind of swollen, I have a lot of gas and the dull pain under the right rib cage....it does not hurt to the point I need meds. I eat baked fish and chicken only, lots of veggies and fruits, a lot of low fat dairy, ground flaxseed on my yogurt, black coffee and green tea. I do eat a lot of raw nuts too...love em! I ate no meat today at all...but about 4 cups of garlic, onion, mushrooms and red peppers with a small amount of olive oil. Would that cause problems? I don't know what to think...I am eating healthier than I ever have and walk up and down hills 3 or more miles a day for excercise, do not drink and quit smoking. Maybe I am just getting older and my body can not handle to much food at once. By the way, I do use tumeric and curry when I make dahl, but use brown rice instead of white when I make Indian food. Any suggestions or advice is appreciated.
  • gophergenius
    unknown said:

This comment has been removed by the Moderator

yes...
    I have them every 4 months...never been higher than 14...and that was when they found the colon cancer, but after the surgery. Ever since chemo started...never been higher than 7.8...Do not know if If that makes a difference or not. I had my last test done February 15 and the WBC was 7.6 and the CEA was 1.6 .....am I being paranoid? I had to have my gall bladder removed last August, but never had a problem after that procedure. I am just really upset that there is a spot on my liver. I am hoping it is something benign and I am just fine.
  • gophergenius

Hi

•Apples
    •Artichokes
    •Asparagus
    •Beans
    •Broccoli
    •Brussel Sprouts
    •Cabbage
    •Cheese
    •Corn
    •Fruit Drinks
    •Ice Cream
    •Milk and Milk Products
    •Onions
    •Pasta
    •Peaches
    •Pears
    •Potatoes
    •Prunes
    •Soft Drinks
    •Whole Wheat

Thank you for the list
    I eat quite a few of those foods, especially the green vegetables. I also eat a lot of dairy, but it is low fat or fat free...have to watch out for osteoporosis. I've really cut out anything unhealthy, but sometimes I miss my chocolate ice cream and will go buy one of those 1/2 cup servings.